You’ve come to the perfect place if you’re just beginning your search for a new mattress and find yourself in a sea of wonderful options. When it comes to mattress brands, Nectar and WinkBed are the two most prominent.
Nectar vs. WinkBed is a comparison of an all-foam brand and one with a foam and innerspring hybrid that we hope will help you choose the ideal mattress for you.
Please check out our in-depth evaluations for further information:
Quick Comparison: Nectar vs. WinkBed
- Helps alleviate stress.
- Memory foam with a classic feel.
- An initial 365-night evaluation period.
- Support that is well spread.
- Reduces the amount of heat that is retained.
- Suitable for heavier people.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Nectar’s memory foam mattress is compressed and shipped in a box for quick delivery.
Long-staple cotton combined with Tencel fabric provides breathability and moisture wicking for its 12-inch-tall structure. A quilted-in layer of gel memory materials provides additional luxurious comfort on the mattress’ underside.
- Memory foam fills the top 3 inches of the mattress to reduce pressure and provide a cozy cuddle.
- The temperature of the surface can be maintained by a gel infusion.
- The second layer is a supportive, transitional layer that responds more quickly and alleviates the feeling of being unable to move forward..
- Pressure relief is provided by the 2-inch soft traditional foam, which also provides some additional support to the mattress’s construction.
- The bottom layer 7 inches of normal conventional foam serve as the foundation for this project’s base layer. This contributes to the bed’s longevity.
When it comes to shipping, a compressed WinkBed is sent in a shipping box.
Using a breathable cloth called Tencel, the 13.5-inch structure is covered with an eco-friendly breathability and moisture wicking capabilities. Adding to the bed’s luxuriant EuroTop is a 2-inch layer of gel foam tufted into the cover. Specifications for each level of firmness are slightly different from the previous two: Soft and Firm.
- The top layer features a 2-inch gel foam that adapts to your body and aids with movement..
- SupportCell foam, 2.5 inches thick, is the next layer.
- Coil springs in the innerspring layer are 8 inches long and are constructed of tempered steel.
- Airflow, bounce, and durability are improved.
- The polyfoam base layer is 1 inch thick and serves as a solid foundation for the coils.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Nectar’s Luxury Firm and WinkBed’s Luxury Firm both scored a 6.5 on our firmness scale, which ranges from 1 to 10, with 10 being the firmest. Combination sleepers, who alternate between sleeping on their backs, stomachs, or sides, will benefit greatly from the performance of both brands.
It takes a little longer for Nectar’s first two layers to adapt to your weight and shape, but the materials atop Winkbed are quicker to respond and wrap more gently about your body. There are two distinct designs here, but they’re both built for supporting weight evenly and gently while alleviating stress on your joints.
WinkBed’s innovative two coil unit support system is an advantage for individuals who require additional support or have substantial weight issues. Nectar’s supporting foundation gives strong consistent support for your spine.
We believe that both medium-firm mattresses would be suitable for the vast majority of people, and we believe that both mattresses would be comfortable for the vast majority of people. WinkBed does have a Soft and Firm variant for more pressure relief or additional support if your comfort needs are more particular.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
There is no correlation between equal levels of comfort and similar feelings. Compared to Nectar, WinkBed feels more like you’re floating on top of the mattress as it cradles your curves for a soothing cradle.
Nectar’s comfort materials absorb pressure and wrap around your weight, yet you should not feel constricted. When it comes to repositioning, WinkBed’s coil unit provides a deep and noticeable bounce that makes the process easier than before.
Comparing Motion Transfer
To put it simply, Nectar’s all-foam architecture with memory layers makes it a tough competitor in this area because foam can absorb vibrations and entirely block their ability to disturb a sleeping companion.
As a result of the independent flexing of each WinkBed coil and the comfort layers that assist isolate some of the reverberations, the bounce is kept under control. If you’re concerned about motion transfer, the softer WinkBed mattress offers additional comfort materials.
Comparing Edge Support
Compared to other all-foam mattress brands, Nectar performs better than predicted. Even if you’re sitting on the edge of a chair, the side of your body should not feel significantly less secure or supported than the rest of your body.
With its edge-to-edge support system that comprises robust coil units to reinforce the edges for sitting or sleeping with no obvious compression or loss in balance, WinkBed excels highly in this category.
For those who sleep with a spouse and need a little extra room to stretch, edge support is a consideration.
Nectar vs. WinkBed Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Poly-blend quilted with memory foam||Tencel tufted to foam|
|Materials||Gel memory foam and conventional foams||Gel foam, SupportCell foam, pocketed coils, polyfoam|
|Cooling||Cover promotes airflow, gel in foam wicks heat||Breathable Tencel fabric, gel foam, airflow through coils|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle cradle|
|Trial Period||365 nights||120 Nights|
OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Class 1
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S., White Glove Delivery is optional||Ships within the continental United States|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||Nectar Price (w/o discount)||WinkBed Price (w/o discount)|
Shipping and Returns for WinkBeds & Nectar
Every mattress made by WinkBeds is manufactured right here in the United States of America. White glove delivery is available for $149 from the brand, which ships their sleep items for free. Free return and full refund are available after 30 days, or a $49 mattress swap that includes a 60-night sleep trial for an additional 30 days.
Return Policy for WinkBeds
As an added benefit to purchasing a WinkBeds product, consumers are covered by a Lifetime Warranty against manufacturing flaws. After the trial time finishes, you can take advantage of the “Any Reason” replacement guarantee, which gives you 50% off a new mattress.
For an extra $149, Nectar offers white glove delivery throughout the contiguous United States. A full calendar year of free returns and a complete refund after at least 30 days makes this the longest trial term we’ve seen in the internet mattress industry.
During the first 10 years of ownership, you are entitled to a free replacement mattress and free replacements or repairs after 10 years. If your original mattress has a covered defect, you can make a warranty claim. They both have some of the best warranties in the internet mattress market.
Should I Buy Nectar or WinkBed?
Both Nectar and WinkBed are excellent options in their respective markets, but which one you choose will depend on your personal preferences.
We Would Recommend Buying Nectar if You are Looking for:
- A memory bed feel. A conventional memory foam mattress with a contouring effect is what you’ll get with this mattress. The material’s formulation has been updated to guarantee that you are supported and may easily shift positions.
- Motion isolation. When it comes to blocking motion transfer from one side to the other, memory materials are unmatched in the industry, making this brand excellent for light sleepers who are constantly disturbed by a restless companion.
- A fantastic value. An incredible amount of high-quality materials may be obtained for a price that should be affordable to even the most constrained of budgets. If you were to buy these features in a brick-and-mortar store, they would cost you hundreds of dollars.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBed if You are Looking for:
- Bounce. As a result of its supportive coil design, this mattress is ideal for those who sleep in multiple positions frequently or for couples who engage in sexual activity frequently. As a result of the pocketed coils, motion isolation should be better than with typical innersprings.
- Enhanced edge-to-edge support. As a result of its robust edge-to-edge coils, this mattress provides excellent support for couples and heavy users. For those who weigh more than 300 pounds, there is a “Plus” variant.
- Temperature control. Airflow through a mattress can only be improved by the use of coil units. The Tencel cover and gel in the top comfort layer should also assist keep heat away from your body.
Despite their equal degrees of comfort, these two models are vastly different in structure and offer a wide range of features that will appeal to a wide range of people.
You’re looking for a deal that will help you forget about your aches and pains and wrap you in a warm embrace? Do you need a lot of motion isolation when you sleep? If so, Nectar might be the right mattress for your needs.
If so, does your night’s sleep depend on a modern pocketed coil system and comfort layers that should keep you cool, correct your spine, and make you feel like you’re falling to sleep on top of a cloud? If so, Is the medium firmness level adequate for you? Perhaps WinkBed is the better option for you.
For additional information on both of these companies after reading this comparison, check out our more in-depth reviews.