Is your heart torn between the Zenhaven and the Sparrow?
For your convenience, we’ve compiled this buying guide to help you compare the most important features and materials of each bed, along with our recommendations on who each is best suited for. The Signature Hybrid or the Zenhaven mattress are two of the most popular options.
When it comes to mattresses, Nest Bedding’s Hybrid and Saatva’s latex beds are two of the most popular options on the market today. We’ll take a closer look at both to see which one is best for you.
If you’d like to learn more about any of the products in our comparison, please visit their respective reviews:
Quick Comparison: Sparrow and Zenhaven
- Additional cooling capabilities.
- Exhilarating smothering.
- Exceptional materials, including foam and coils of the highest quality.
- Reduces the amount of heat that is retained.
- The ability to be both firm and supple.
- The bed is hypoallergenic.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This mattress is a mix of foam and coils that comes in a box.
To keep you cool while you sleep, this 12-inch mattress is covered in Thermic Phase Change fabric and includes a 1-inch layer of Gel-Infused Memory Foam quilted into it.
- The 3-inch EnergexTM Temperature Responsive Foam serves as the topmost layer. As you shift postures, this state-of-the-art material should provide instant reactivity.
- The SmartFlow Support Foam is located in the second layer. Between the comfort layers and the support coils, this material serves as a supportive buffer.
- Six-inch Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils make up the mattress’ innerspring layer. The coils on the outside of the mattress should provide adequate support for the entire mattress, all the way to the edge.
- The base is padded with an additional 1 inch of foam for further support.
This mattress is a latex mattress that is shipped in a box because of the growing popularity of bed-in-a-box products. Zenhaven guarantees that their beds arrive uncompressed and ready to use.
Wool is quilted into this 10-inch mattress’s cotton cover to help regulate temperature and wick away moisture. If you flip the mattress, you’ll get a Luxury Plush feel instead of a Gentle Firm one.
- A 1.5-inch layer of Natural Latex Gentle Firm Comfort is on the top. There are five zones in this section, each designed to provide different levels of firmness and softness for different body parts, such as the head, foot, shoulders, and hips.
- A 3-inch Natural Latex Firm Base Layer completes the second layer. To maintain a neutral spine and allow for easy repositioning, this Talalay material should provide support and bounce.
- A 3-inch Natural Latex Plush Base Layer completes the third layer. When the mattress is flipped to the Luxury Plush option, this material should provide a softer comfort layer.
- There are 1.5 inches of Natural Latex Luxurious Plush Comfort Layer stuffed into the base layer. For individuals who prefer a more mild level of support, this material can be used as the top layer.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
The Sparrow is rated 5.5 out of 10 on our firmness scale, with 1 being the softest and 10 being the firmest. There is a gentle firmness to the Zenhaven’s Gentle side.
Both items, however, provide a variety of options. In terms of firmness, the Signature Hybrid has a Plush option that ranks 2.5 and a Firm option that ranks 8. The Zenhaven’s Luxury Plush comfort level is rated as 4.5 out of 5 on the firmness scale.
In the upper tiers, Sparrow should be able to respond more slowly. You’ll notice a faster responsiveness when the springs are activated. A quick response from Zenhaven’s mattress should also make both items viable solutions for those who sleep in different positions.
Aside from personal preference, there are certain considerations to consider while making a purchase.
In general, side sleepers prefer the Sparrow or Zenhaven Plush models, while stomach sleepers may prefer the Firm models.
Those who prefer to sleep on their backs can choose from a variety of comfort levels.
A closer look into customised comfort shows that each item has capabilities that should assist your bed adapt to you. Individually-pocketed coils provide adaptive support and pressure relief, while latex provides bounce and springiness.
If you’re looking for a mattress that provides more support for your head and feet, Zenhaven has you covered. This should help keep the spine in a proper position.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Allows you to burrow into the comfort fabrics in a deep hug. With a dual-sided latex mattress, you’ll be able to select between a deep hug on the Luxury Plush side and a soft cradle on Gentle Firm.
Either mattress should help relieve pressure points by conforming to your body. The Hybrid has individually pocketed coils that move with you, while the Zenhaven utilizes latex zones to provide flexible support.
There should be a good amount of bounce in the lower coil system of Sparrow’s upper layers. There may be less bounce on the Luxury Plush side than there is on the Gentle Firm side.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Latex tends to be more springy, but memory materials tend to be more energy-dissipating. As a result, the Signature uses coils that are coiled and individually pocketed to limit motion transfer.
Due to the bouncy nature of latex, the Zenhaven mattress may allow a little more motion transfer than the Hybrid mattress. As a result, the Signature comes out on top in this category.
Nevertheless, since motion isolation isn’t typically a top priority when shopping for a new mattress, both of these options should satisfy the majority of buyers.
Comparing Edge Support
It’s possible that edge support isn’t a dealbreaker for most buyers. The Quantum coils in the Hybrid should keep the edge of the mattress sturdy, especially while lying on the edge, making it a good choice for those who prefer a firmer sensation. But most people should be able to get by with either of them in this sense.
Sparrow vs. Zenhaven Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Thermic Phase Change fabric and Gel-Infused Memory materials||Cotton and wool|
|Materials||Energex™ Temperature Responsive Foam, SmartFlow Support Foam, Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils||Talalay latex|
|Cooling||Thermic Phase Change fabric, Gel-Infused Memory Foam, coils for airflow||Wool, aerated latex|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Deep Hug|
|Trial Period||365 nights||180 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to the United States and Canada, shipping is free in the contiguous states, White Glove service can be arranged||Free in the United States and parts of Canada, White Glove service is available for no extra charge|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Sparrow Price (w/o discount)||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)|
|Split King (1 side only)||N/A||$3,175|
|Split Cali King (1 side only)||$1,149||N/A|
Should I Buy the Sparrow or Zenhaven?
Are you ready to find out which mattress is ideal for you? Both of these beds offer a variety of comfort options and a good deal of bounce. Perhaps pricing, materials, or shipping method will be the decisive factor for you in making your choice.
We know that your final decision will come down to personal preference, so we’ll tell you just who each item is best suited for.
We Would Recommend Buying Sparrow if You are Looking for:
- A luxury experience at an affordable price. If you’re looking for a mattress that’s both luxurious and affordable, this is the one for you.
- Enhanced edge support. If you’re a sprawler or a co-sleeper, this mattress should help you optimize your sleeping area.
- Cooling technology. Coils that promote airflow and cooling gels should all contribute to a more comfortable night’s sleep.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Dual-Sided comfort. This product gives you the best of both worlds, since both pieces offer a variety of comfort options. Soft and fluffy on one side, sturdy and supporting on another. As your demands vary, you may simply turn the bed to get the correct sensation.
- A pain-free setup. It’s included in the price. takes the stress out of getting your new bed up and running. No worries regarding decompression or off-gassing are required. This product is not a bed-in-a-box and can be used immediately.
- A more natural option. Talalay latex manufactured from rubber trees is produced using a water-based manufacturing technique by the company. Shoppers looking for a more natural product will find this to be an excellent choice.
With a variety of alternatives to choose from, both of these brands are perfect for sleepers of all preferences. Pressure is relieved and repositioning is made easier thanks to their deep hug and slight bounce.
Get a deeper look at the various materials, edge support and cooling properties of these products by reading our in-depth reviews.