Looking to take out the middle man like these online retailers do when purchasing a new mattress?
Choosing between a latex mattress made by a family-owned, factory-direct firm that also loves organic and natural materials, or a hybrid made by a family-owned, factory-direct company that also values organic and natural materials is the goal of this comparison.
Quick Comparison: PlushBeds vs. Nest Bedding Owl
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss
- You’re looking for a little springtime.
- Stay warm as you sleep.
Nest Bedding Owl
It’s got that old-school springy feel.
Edge-to-edge support is exceptional.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Construction
Compressed latex mattresses are supplied to your house in a box.
Covering one inch of New Zealand wool, which regulates temperature, is organic circular knit cotton. There are three distinct bed heights to choose from: 9, 10, and 12 inches. The 10-inch model will be the primary focus of our efforts.
- The first layer of Talalay Latex, a substance designed to mold to the body and alleviate pressure, is three inches thick. Repositioning is a cinch thanks to the cushion’s springiness and plushness, which are especially beneficial for sensitive body parts like the hips and shoulders.
- Dunlop Arpico latex is used in the second layer. This material should provide a deeper level of strong support. If you prefer a softer bed, you can remove the bed’s cover and install this layer on top or bottom.
- Arpico latex is used as the final layer of the base layer. Ideally, it should provide as a solid foundation for the mattress as a whole.
Nest Bedding Owl Construction
In order to mail this latex and coil hybrid, a box is required.
Organic cotton and Joma Wool are wrapped around a 1.5-inch EcoFlex foam pillow top on this 12.5-inch mattress.
- An OEKO-TEX Dunlop latex of 3-inches is used as the first layer. Pressure relief is likely to be felt by customers as this material gives way under their feet.
- It’s a 1-inch transitional foam called Eco-Friendly foam by the company.
- Six-inch-tall CaliberTM Edge pocketed coils make up the last layer. In order to reduce overheating, the product’s pockets are designed to increase ventilation. Compression of the coils is aimed to alleviate pressure and isolate motion.
- Comfort materials and coils are placed on top of a 1-inch thick layer of dense, motion-absorbing foam.
- The reinforced steel coils on the border of the bed help to ensure a sturdy feel across the entire mattress area.. To reduce motion transfer, these springs are covered in cloth.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
The Botanical Bliss is available in a medium or medium-firm firmness. Our comfort rating for the medium type is 5, while the medium-firm variant receives a 7.5-8. Using a 1-10 metric, the softest item is rated as 1 and the firmest is rated as 10 on this scale.
The Owl has a gentle 4.5, a medium 6.5, and a firm 8.5 level of comfort. The position in which a person sleeps can have a significant impact on their comfort preferences. Both side and stomach sleepers may benefit from the firmer version, which keeps the hips in place and alleviates pressure on the shoulders and hips.
Wool inside the cover of the Botanical Bliss gives the mattress a temperature-neutral sensation. Due to the softness of the top fabrics and the way they conform to the body, they should be cool and pleasant. Each component of this device is meant to alleviate pressure, from the soft latex to the springs that individually contract in response to the shopper’s position.
The pillow top of the hybrid should be comfortable, distributing weight evenly and relieving pressure. As a result of the coil technology, the mattress provides a level of support that is tailored specifically to the sleeping position.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
In the medium and firm versions of these beds, sinkage is unlikely. Both mattresses should provide a comfortable cradle for people to sleep in. The hybrid’s softest model may have a somewhat deeper sinkage.
When you roll around on either mattress, the tremendous levels of bounce from both brands help catapult you to the very top (without throwing them completely out of bed, of course). As a result of the quick reactivity of the latex in both items, this means that combo sleepers will be able to move around more easily.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Having a lot of movement transfer is possible since they have a lot of bounce. As a general rule, buyers should have no difficulty sleeping on any mattress. The PlushBed, on the other hand, may be a better option for light sleepers or those who share a bed with a snoring partner because of its all-foam construction, which is designed to limit motion transmission.
Comparing Edge Support
Edge support is important if you share a bed with your spouse and need a little additional room, or if you simply enjoy sprawling out across your mattress. The Botanical Bliss is constructed of latex, which may cause slight compression when lying on its edge. The reinforced edge coils of the hybrid mattress make it a fantastic alternative for those who need more edge support.
PlushBeds vs. Nest Bedding Owl Compared Side-by-Side
|Height||9”, 10”, 12”||12.5”|
|Cover||Organic circular-knit cotton, New Zealand wool||Organic cotton, Joma Wool, EcoFlex foam|
|Materials||Organic Arpico latex||Dunlop latex, coils|
|Cooling||Wool, breathable cover||Pocketed coils, wool|
|Firmness||5/10, 7.5-8/10||4.5/10, 6.5/10, 8.5/10|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Trial Period||100 nights||100 nights|
|Certifications||GOTS, GOLS, eco-INSTITUT, GreenGuard Gold, OEKO-TEX®, Control Union, Forest Stewartship Council||GOTS, OEKO-TEX®, CertiPUR-US®|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free in the contiguous United States||Free in the continental United States, Canada delivery is available, White Glove service is optional|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||PlushBeds Price (for 10” model w/o discount)||Nest Bedding Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||$3,698||$1,249|
Should I Buy the PlushBed or Nest Bedding Owl?
The all-foam or the hybrid may be your fate. Like a Magic 8-Ball, our sleeper picks are like a coin toss… that sincerely hopes you have a restful snooze.
Then have a look at our favorite products.
We Would Recommend Buying the PlushBed if You are Looking for:
- Enhanced motion control. In order to keep co-sleepers from being disturbed while their partners move around during the night, this mattress uses an all-foam construction.
- Split comfort levels. Split models are offered for Queen, King, and Cali King sizes of this product. As a result, co-sleepers can have one side be medium-firm and the other side be medium-soft to meet their own preferences.
- Organic materials. The organic latex and cotton utilized in this product promise a better night’s sleep.
We Would Recommend Buying Nest Bedding if You are Looking for:
- Easy mobility. Shoppers don’t feel like they’re “trapped” in the mattress thanks to bouncy latex, materials that swiftly reconfigure, and a robust spring system.
- Multiple comfort options. Comfort options include soft, medium, and firm, which customers can select based on their personal preferences and needs.
- A classic hybrid experience. The latex in this mix provides pressure relief and lumbar support by softly conforming to the body. Because of this, the coil system is designed to expand and contract in accordance with the individual’s body weight, allowing for an even deeper level of support and pressure alleviation.
That’s all there is to it. The PlushBed is a great option if you’re searching for a natural product that will help keep you cool while also letting you personalize your level of comfort. Anybody looking for a mattress with a lot of bounce, deep compression, and the option to customize their own level of comfort will feel right at home with Nest Bedding’s latex hybrid.
Don’t forget to check out our in-depth product reviews for each bed.