You want a healthy sleep, but you’re not sure if an all-foam or a hybrid mattress is right for you.
That’s where our comparison guide between Avocado and PlushBeds comes in. As both companies state, they are committed to employing only organic and safe ingredients.
Quick Comparison: Avocado vs. PlushBeds Botanical Bliss
- Eco-friendly bed.
- Back to basics with a classic springy sensation.
- Affordability is a priority.
- I’m looking for a little oomph.
- Sleeping heated is not recommended.
What do you need to do first? Here, we’ll go into the structure of each item and give you advice for which sleepers will be most comfortable on each mattress. We’ll also offer you a quick review of each brand’s most notable features.
This link will take you to in-depth reviews of both mattresses.
Main Differences between Plushbeds vs Avocado Mattress
There are a few key differences between Plushbeds and Avocado mattresses, including:
- Plushbeds, on the other hand, focuses on traditional organic latex mattresses.
- Plushbeds only gives customers 100 nights to test out their mattresses, whereas Avocado gives customers a whole year.
- Compared to Plushbeds, Avocado provides better edge support.
- Plushbeds are often more expensive than Avocado mattresses.
- Unlike Avocado, which only sells regular mattress sizes, Plushbeds offers a split mattress option.
Before you buy a mattress, here are a few things to keep in mind.. Tips to help you find a mattress that provides at least seven hours of healthy sleep are included in our comparison post.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Mattress
Buying a mattress is like buying a vehicle or a house in one respect.
Mattresses come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and each of us has a different set of criteria for evaluating them. It’s also worth thinking about how our sleeping habits evolve as we become older. For someone who needs strong back support, the mattress that embraced our body when we were just starting out in the workforce is no longer the best option.
Until one day, you woke up and realized that you were sleeping on your back instead on your side. Every mattress buyer should keep these five things in mind while deciding on a new mattress.
It’s up to you how you prioritize the various criteria.
“What’s good for the goose, isn’t good for the gander” is a common saying. Well, when it comes to mattress comfort, what works for one person may not work for another in the same bedding customer service queue. Bounce, temperature, edge support and motion transfer all contribute to a mattress’s overall comfort. A mattress’s hardness, on the other hand, determines how relaxing it will be (e.g. firm mattress, medium-firm, etc).
A mattress’s firmness level can range from soft to extremely firm. Firmness scales from 1-10 help customers pick the best mattress. Mattress makers do not use a scale to measure comfort. Customers are instead directed to a color-coded table that explains multiple concepts of comfort.
The support and comfort layers of a mattress are unsurpassed as deciding factors in the purchase of a mattress.
Temperature is one of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a mattress. The temperature of your body fluctuates as you sleep. In most cases, the body temperature of the majority of sleepers is maintained at a normal level throughout the shift from light sleep to REM sleep. When the body heats up, a mattress that traps the heat might make it difficult to sleep.
Memory foam mattresses have cooling gels incorporated into the foam to help “heated” sleepers feel more comfortable. In addition to aging, many of us sleep cooler than we did when we were younger. A fourth layer is inserted between the top and middle layers of a mattress in order to trap body heat from elderly sleepers, who tend to sleep cooler than they should.
If you’re shopping for a mattress, don’t overlook the importance of the mattress’s size. Size is determined by the breadth of the mattress, with twin and full mattresses being able to fit a single individual. A couple’s first consideration is usually between queen, king, and California King size mattresses.
Having a twin or full-size mattress can be adequate for you if you sleep alone and you move about a lot during the night.
Adults, including those who sleep alone, should go for a Queen-sized or larger mattress. Instead of buying a second mattress to accommodate a new companion, upgrade to a queen, king, or California king mattress instead.
How Do You Sleep?
How did you sleep last night isn’t what we’re interested in finding out. We want to know what position you prefer to begin your night’s sleep in. The word “start” is key.
While most of us sleep in one of the three major positions: side, back, or stomach, many of the changes we make during the night are subtle and occur while we are in one of these positions. As an example, you may begin by lying on your back with your arms outstretched on either side of your body. You awaken with your arms crossed over your chest, eight hours after you last saw them down. Side sleepers can benefit from softer mattresses with robust edge support. Firm mattresses are preferred for back sleepers.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Shipped in a package, this steel coil and latex combination compresses.
GOTS certified organic cotton and GOTS certified organic wool make up the mattress’s cover. It is possible to create a button-tufted design without the use of adhesives by using wool rosettes.
The bed can be raised by an additional two inches if you purchase the available Euro top.
- The Dunlop latex in the first layer is GOLS approved and designed to keep you cool as you sleep.
- In the second layer, there are 8-inch Steel Coils. Three distinct zones of support and pressure relief are provided by this coil system, which can be used to support the shoulders, knees, or hips to varied degrees.
- The 1-inch Dunlop latex base is intended to create a hard, stable foundation for the top materials.
- With the help of strengthened coils, this mattress’s perimeter may be rolled all the way to the edge without fear of falling off.
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Construction
Shipping this latex mattress in a box is a simple process.
Covering one inch of New Zealand wool, which regulates temperature, is organic circular knit cotton. Three alternative heights are available: 9, 10, and 12 inches. The 10-inch model will be the primary focus of our efforts.
- Talalay Latex, a material designed to mold to the body and alleviate pressure points, is the initial layer of the mattress. In addition to the fast responsiveness and bounce, the soft quality is ideal for sensitive areas such as hips and shoulders.
- Dunlop Arpico latex is used for the second layer. This material should provide a firmer amount of support. An unzipped mattress cover can be placed on top or bottom of a bed to generate different levels of firmness or softness.
- Arpico latex is used as the final layer of the base layer. Ideally, this material will serve as a foundation for the mattress as a whole.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
We’ve graded each brand on our comfort scale to give you an idea of how each bed should feel. This scale considers that 1 should feel like a whisper and 10 should feel like a brick.
With a firmness rating of 7, Avocado’s mattress should be considered medium-firm by most customers. The medium firmness level of PlushBeds get a 5, while the firmer option receives a 7.5-8 grade.
Customers wanting a shoe with a medium level of comfort should be happy with either of these options. The PlushBed is best for those who desire a firmer sensation.
Wool and organic cotton, which help regulate your body’s temperature, are used in both mattresses, so lying on either one should feel comparable at first. This cushion should provide bounce and improved zonal support because of its coils, which are designed to prevent the user from sinking too far into the cushion.
Additionally, PlushBed’s latex materials and all-foam structure should deliver increased compression, making it a wonderful alternative for anyone wanting additional pressure relief, while larger model options allow for co-sleepers to experience a variety of various comforts.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Both mattresses should not allow for too much sinkage, and customers should feel as if they are in a soft cradle while they sleep. In comparison to other all-foam products, avocado should have a modest amount of bounce, while a PlushBeds latex bed should have a high amount of bounce.
However, when comparing the two goods, the hybrid should have greater bounce because the coils should provide more spring than the latex in the all-foam.
Comparing Motion Transfer
In comparison to other hybrids and innersprings, this one has a significantly lower bounce, thus it should allow for less motion transfer. Latex mattresses, on the other hand, may be able to transfer more motion than most all-foam mattresses due of their high bounce.
The PlushBed, on the other hand, may be the ideal option for those trying to maximum energy isolation, as all-foam models tend to beat hybrids in this regard..
Comparing Edge Support
In order to provide a uniform compression feel across the whole surface of this bed, the Avocado mattress has coils around the perimeter that are reinforced.
On the edge of the latex PlushBed, there may be a greater compression and a deeper compression. Avocado’s strengthened edge coils may be the best option for couples who want to spread out a bit and need firm edge support.
Avocado vs. PlushBeds Compared Side-by-Side
|Height||11”||9”, 10”, 12”|
|Cover||New Zealand wool, organic cotton||New Zealand wool, organic circular-knit cotton|
|Materials||Steel coils, Dunlop latex||Organic Arpico latex|
|Cooling||Wool, individually pocketed coils||Wool, breathable cover|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||25 years||25 years|
|Trial Period||365 nights||100 nights|
|Certifications||OEKO-TEX®, GOTS, GREENGUARD Gold, and eco-INSTITUT® certified, GOLS certified, Made Safe||GreenGuard Gold, OEKO-TEX®, eco-INSTITUT, GOTS, GOLS, Control Union, Forest Stewartship Council|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships free in the United States, optional In-Home Delivery service is available for additional fee||Free in the contiguous United States|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Avocado Price (w/o discount)||PlushBeds Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$3,698|
Should I Buy Avocado or PlushBeds?
Is it hybrid or all-foam? Hybrid or all-foamed? Our recommended sleeper recommendations below might help you determine if one of these beds is right for you.
We Would Recommend Buying Avocado if You are Looking for:
- A hybrid experience. At first, customers should have the conventional latex mattress sensation, but as the coils are activated, they should feel a much firmer support. To enhance the useful sleeping surface, reinforced edges are a good idea.
- Zoned support. The coil system provides three zones of pressure alleviation and support for the shoulders, hips, and knees.
- Made Safe certifications. There are numerous certifications indicating that this is a product with low VOC emissions and minimal or non-existent additive levels. Latex is also certified organic, as is the cover’s cotton and wool. The Made Safe designation is reserved for products that are free of harmful chemicals.
We Would Recommend Buying PlushBeds if You are Looking for:
- A classic latex experience. If you’re seeking for a mattress that provides both comfort and bounce, this springy latex mattress is for you.
- Double-sided comfort. It’s possible to flip the mattress’s layers to get a medium or firm level of comfort. Split variants are available for queen-sized beds and larger, allowing couples to create various ambiances to suit their own preferences.
- Organic certifications. Certifications guarantee that the components used in this product are safe and organic.
Natural, clean materials and a medium level of comfort are what buyers are looking for. On top of that, Avocado promises zoned comfort in addition to increased edge protection. The double-sided comfort and improved pressure relief offered by PlushBeds should appeal to anybody.
Check out our individual product reviews to learn more about each bed. Alternatively, you may check out our list of the best-rated beds.