Quality mattresses can be purchased from either Saatva or Nectar online or at a retail partner location. It can be difficult to choose between the two brands. We will present a clear comparison of the many models to assist you in making your choice easier.
There are a slew of mattresses to pick from, like Saatva and Nectar. All-foam mattresses from Nectar are designed to be cool, motion-isolating, and pressure-relieving. Latex hybrid and innerspring mattresses are available from Saatva, with several choices for customization. For the most majority of people, Nectar’s medium-firm (6) mattresses are ideal. However, Saatva’s gentler and firmer alternatives may be preferred by some.
Saatva’s Classic, Latex Hybrid, HD, and Youth models will be covered in this article. The Nectar Mattress, the Premier, and the Premier Copper are the three Nectar models we’ll be looking at. We’ll examine each mattress’s sizing options, materials, construction, and performance ratings in great detail. You can learn about sleep trials, warranties, and shipping alternatives as well.
Saatva Mattress vs Nectar Mattress Overview
An online mattress shop with a reputation for excellence, the Saatva firm, produces the Saatva mattress. Other Saatva mattresses include the Loom & Leaf, Zenhaven, Saatva Solaire, Saatva Latex Hybrid, and more. Saatva’s most popular mattress is an innerspring with a plush pillowtop. Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm are all firmness levels available, as are two different heights (11.5 inches and 14.5″).
Many people choose the Nectar due to its portability. Memory foam provides excellent pressure relief in an all-foam mattress with a luxurious comfort layer. In addition to the Nectar, the Nectar brand also sells the Nectar Premier and the Nectar Premier Copper mattress models.
Who Should Get The Saatva?
- Who appreciate the comfort of an innerspring mattress with a pillow top
- Those who sleep on their backs or stomachs
- People who prefer to sleep on top of their mattress rather than underneath it (instead of sinking into it)
- Those in need of a more firm mattress
Who Should Get The Nectar?
- People who enjoy a classic memory foam feel.
- Side sleepers.
- Folks who want a more affordable mattress.
Saatva Mattress vs Nectar Mattress Video Comparison
Check out our in-depth comparison video to see how these beds stack up against each other! He explains how these mattresses are built and how he slept in every position on both the Saatva and the Nectar.
Saatva Mattress vs Nectar: Top Similarities
This is a good comparison of the Saatva and Nectar beds. However, there are some similarities between them.
- Both of these mattresses are in high demand, but they can only be purchased online.
- If you sleep in a variety of positions, both mattresses could work for you.
- Both of these beds are sold by well-known companies with a track record of providing excellent customer support.
- Memory foam is used in the comfort layers of both beds.
Saatva vs Nectar Mattress: Key Differences
These mattresses stand out for a variety of reasons. Here’s a quick summary.
- Nectar’s memory foam and Saatva’s innerspring feel are very distinct.
- Compared to the Saatva, the Saatva is a heavier mattress with a more sophisticated design.
- Compared to the Saatva, Nectar is less expensive.
- The Saatva Nectar is a gentler variation of the Saatva Saatva.
- Cooler air fills the Saatva’s chambers at night.
Size, height, and weight are all factors to consider when purchasing a mattress. Most adults and couples can comfortably sleep on a queen-sized mattress. A king-sized mattress may be preferable for some sleepers.
However, it is necessary to take into account the amount of room in your bedroom. Additional costs may be incurred when changing the size of a mattress, including the cost of a new foundation and bedding.
Sheets with deep pockets may be necessary if your mattress has a higher profile. The heavier the mattress, the more difficult it may be to assemble and the more sturdy the foundation will need to be.
- Height: 11.5″, 14.5″
- Size Options: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Split King, California King, Split California King
- Height: 15.5″
- Size Options: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King, Split King
- Height: 10″
- Size Options: Twin, Twin XL, Full
Saatva Latex Hybrid
- Height: 12″
- Size Options: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King, Split King
- Height: 12″
- Size Options: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King
- Height: 13″
- Size Options: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King
Nectar Premier Copper
- Height: 14″
- Size Options: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King
Each of the six regular mattress sizes is available in both Saatva and Nectar mattresses. Saatva, on the other hand, offers split king and split California king options, which are not available elsewhere. For younger sleepers, the Saatva Youth Mattress is only available in the twin, XL, and full sizes.
Most mattresses fall within the 10 to 15-inch range. Within the range are most of the Nectar and Saatva mattresses The Saatva HD features the largest profile and the strongest support at 15.5 inches. With the Saatva Classic, customers can choose between a variety of heights.
Since all-foam mattresses tend to be lighter than innerspring mattresses or hybrids, most Nectar mattresses are lighter than Saatva’s.
Construction and Materials Comparison
Understanding the different layers of mattress construction will help you limit down your options when buying for a mattress because personal preference plays such an important part.
A cover, a comfort layer, and a support core are the most common components of a mattress. Innerspring mattresses are often constructed with coils that provide a little bit of movement. In general, all-foam mattresses have a lower bounce, but they also have a better ability to mold to your body. Mattresses with a coil support core and a foam or latex comfort layer are known as hybrid mattresses.
Saatva’s four distinct mattresses are all made from GOTS-certified, high-quality materials. A pocketed coil support system is included in the Saatva Latex Hybrid, as is the Saatva Classic, HD, and Youth mattresses.
Luxury Firm, Plush Soft and Firm are all options for Saatva’s most popular mattress model. Soft (three), medium (six), and firm (eight) are the three levels on the mattress firmness scale. As a result, it is available in two thicknesses: 11.5″ and 14.5″.
- The 3-inch cover is made of GOTS-certified organic cotton and contains a Euro-top with polyfoam. To prevent the growth of germs and mildew, it is treated with antimicrobials.
- Back support and pressure relief are provided by a thin layer of high-density memory foam beneath the cover. Certified by CertiPUR US, the foam is safe to use.
- In addition to the memory foam, the mattress has a layer of 14.5-gauge recycled steel pocketed coils. In order to reduce motion transfer, this layer is meant to alleviate pressure.
- 13-gauge tempered steel coils make up the bed’s substructure, which ensures long-term stability. It’s also made to keep you cooler at night by increasing ventilation. The perimeter of this layer is made up of high-density foam to offer edge support.
Saatva Latex Hybrid
If you sleep on your back or stomach, the Latex Hybrid mattress is best suited for you. An innerspring mattress’ responsiveness is combined with a latex mattress’ pressure-relieving contours in this hybrid design. This 12-inch model has a moderately firm overall feel to it (6).
- The cover is made of certified organic cotton and is treated with antimicrobials to keep the mattress fresh.
- GOTS-certified organic New Zealand wool is woven onto the cover’s underside. Wool is a moisture-wicking, temperature-regulating fiber that is naturally flame retardant.
- Talalay Latex: A 3-inch layer of Talalay latex is designed to support and relieve pressure beneath the wool. Talalay latex is resistant to dust mites and mildew, making it ideal for allergy sufferers.
- Individually pocketed recycled steel coils make up the support layer. In order to minimize motion transfer, it is molded to the shape of the sleeper’s body. In order to provide edge support, the perimeter is reinforced.
- An environmentally friendly base pad made from GOTS-certified organic cotton and wool helps to keep the mattress from shifting while it is affixed to the foundation.
For those who weigh more over 500 pounds, the Saatva HD mattress is built to withstand the rigors of daily use. A firmness rating of 7 is assigned to it, and it measures 15.5 inches in thickness. Features like cooling and durability are emphasized in its creation.
- Made of organic cotton and treated with microbials, the cover is a 3-inch Euro-top Eurotop.
- In this layer, support and pressure relief are provided by zoned talalay latex.
- Foam Layer: This additional comfort layer is made of memory foam and polyfoam and is meant to contour and relieve pressure. CertiPUR-US certified foams are used in both foams.
- For added durability and less motion transmission, the foundation is built from 12.5 gauge tempered recycled steel coils. High-density foam is used to reinforce the perimeter, which improves edge support and reduces sagging over time.
From 3 to 12 years of age, the Saatva Youth Mattress is made just for them. A single side is designed for children ages 3 to 7, while the other is geared at children ages 8 to 12. Designed for younger children, the soft side of the mattress offers a medium (5) hardness, while the flip side has a firm (7) feel.
- Antimicrobial, GOTS-certified organic cotton covers both sides, with a waterproof barrier and breathable barrier.
- One side has a layer of zoned polyfoam, while the other side has a layer of convoluted polyfoam. Foam layers designed to accommodate developing bodies are used in this mattress.
- Coil Center: Dual-Sided
- This mattress’s middle support layer is made of 13.75-gauge recycled steel coils, which benefit both sides of the mattress. The coils are designed to support the spine and lumbar region of children ages 3 to 12 years old.
Six medium-firm all-foam types from Nectar include the Nectar Mattress, Nectar Premier, and Nectar Premier Copper. To combat the heat-trapping properties of many foams, the business implements a variety of cooling methods in each model. CertiPUR-US certified foams are used.
Nectar Mattress and Nectar Premier
Side sleepers of any weight can use the Nectar Mattress, while back or stomach sleepers under 230 pounds can use it. Side sleepers weighing more than 130 pounds or those who prefer a lighter back sleeper might consider the Nectar Premier. When it comes to sleeping cool, the Premier mattress has more cooling components in some layers than the Nectar mattress.
- All of the mattresses come with the same breathable polyester blend cover.
- Infused with gel, the initial layer of high-density foam under the cover is 3 inches thick. Contouring memory foam is well-known but sleeps hot. In order to dissipate heat, the gel infusion has been included. This layer also contains phase change material, which is meant to automatically adjust to changes in body temperature.
- A layer of polyfoam, which is designed to be both responsive and supportive, is the following layer. When it comes to polyfoam thickness, the Nectar mattress offers 2 inches, while the Premier features 3 inches.
- Polyfoam: The bottom layer is 7 inches thick and provides structural stability. The foundation has a protective cover to keep the mattress from sliding around on the floor.
Nectar Premier Copper
If you weigh more than 130 pounds, the Nectar Premier Copper is a good choice for side sleepers and back sleepers under 230 pounds. Nectar’s cooler-than-average mattresses are meant for hot sleepers, and this one is no exception.
- The Premier Copper mattress’ cover is comprised of a breathable polyester blend, just like the rest of the Nectar line. In addition, copper fibers, which are designed to draw heat away from the body, are also used in this product.
- It has a four-inch layer of gel memory foam with phase change technology, which adjusts its temperature in response to the user’s body temperature.
- Topped by an inch of polyfoam, the base provides further support and responsiveness. The polyfoam layer in this part is much thinner than in the other two models.
- Two inches thicker than the rest of the Nectar mattresses, the bottom layer provides an extra 9 inches of stability and support. An additional feature of the Premier Copper base is a cover that helps to keep it from shifting.
Mattress prices are influenced by a variety of factors, including the materials, structure, and certifications that the mattress has received.
Synthetic components, for example, tend to be less expensive than natural ones. Latex and hybrid mattresses are more expensive than foam and innerspring beds. CertiPUR-US and OEKO-TEX certifications may raise the retail price of a mattress, although buying a mattress online is usually less expensive than shopping in a store.
|Saatva Classic||Saatva Latex Hybrid||Saatva HD||Saatva Youth|
|Split California King||$2,174||–||–||–|
|Nectar Mattress||Nectar Premier||Nectar Premier Copper|
|Split California King||–||–||–|
Both Nectar and Saatva are priced similarly, however the majority of the Saatva versions are slightly more costly. Compared to Saatva’s hybrid and latex mattresses, Nectar’s all-foam offerings tend to be more affordable. Retail prices for both brands are in line with the industry average.
Because the Saatva HD mattress is a higher-density mattress built for maximum support, it is the most expensive mattress from either company. The use of a natural Talalay latex layer in its production may possibly be a factor in its increased pricing. Some of Saatva’s models come in split king and split California king sizes.
They have a number of cooling options for their three all-foam mattresses. The company’s most expensive mattress is the Nectar Premium Copper Mattress. Due to the usage of copper fibers throughout the cover, the price difference is a little less than expected.
Aside from the Saatva Youth, the only other model that is expressly designed for children and is only available in smaller sizes is the original Nectar Mattress.
Trials, Warranty, and Delivery
Before making a purchase, it is crucial to learn about the company’s shipping practices. Although most online bedding retailers offer free shipping, customers outside the continental United States may be charged additional fees. Customers may be required to be present at the time of delivery by some businesses.
Saatva Shipping Policies
Free White Glove delivery is available throughout the contiguous United States from Saatva. A freight forwarder on the West Coast can arrange delivery for inhabitants of Alaska and Hawaii.
Customers must be present for delivery and setup during a four-hour arrival window set by Saatva. Delivery covers the installation of a new mattress, as well as the removal of the old one.
Nectar Shipping Policies
If you live in the continental United States, you can get your order from Nectar for no additional shipping costs. Customers in Alaska and Hawaii will be charged an extra $150 for each large item. No refunds will be given for Alaska and Hawaii shipping costs.
Mattresses from Nectar are compressed and packed in a box. Once a mattress is dispatched, it typically takes 2 to 5 business days for it to arrive. An additional 2 to 3 business days may be required to schedule an appointment for White Glove delivery.
The White Glove service from Nectar costs $149 and covers the installation of a new mattress and the removal of an old mattress. For White Glove delivery and setup, additional items such as a headboard, frame, or foundation cost $45 per item.
Sleep Trial and Returns
Within a trial period, many companies allow customers to return mattresses. Despite the fact that many companies provide free returns, others demand a price for shipping or handling. Most of the time, a day and time for the mattress removal are arranged between the company and the consumer beforehand. Donating a lightly used mattress to a local charity is customary if the product is in good shape.
Saatva Sleep Trial and Return Policy
A 180-night sleep trial is offered by Saatva. A $99 transportation fee will be deducted from the refund. Mattresses that are returned are usually given away.
Nectar Sleep Trial and Return Policy
You can try Nectar for a full 365 days and see if it’s right for you. In order to begin a return, a 30-night “break-in” period must be completed first. Mattresses can be donated by consumers to a local charity with the cooperation of the manufacturer. During the trial time, you can get your money back for the mattress in full, excluding any shipping costs.
A warranty is a company’s assurance that its mattress is of the highest quality. As a general rule, the warranty period is roughly 10 years and often covers manufacturing flaws, such as fabric tears or broken coils. Significant drooping is covered by many warranties. A mattress guarantee should be studied carefully before purchasing a new mattress so that you know what is covered and for how long.
Saatva Mattress Warranty
When a company provides a warranty, they are guaranteeing the quality of their mattress. Manufacturer defects, such as rips in the fabric or broken coils, are covered by the typical 10-year warranty period. A lot of warranties also include coverage for saggy skin. Make sure to read the product’s warranty terms before purchasing a new mattress so that you know exactly what is covered and for how long.
Body impressions larger than one inch in diameter are covered under the warranty. It excludes any harm produced by the customer, such as burns or other abrasions. There are additional conditions that must be met.
There is a Fairness Replacement Option that allows customers to keep their original mattress and pay an equal amount of money for a new mattress at a reduced price. There is a $99 transportation cost for the delivery of a new mattress in this package choice.
Nectar Mattress Warranty
Lifetime limited warranty is offered by Nectar. Nectar will repair any faulty mattress within the first 10 years of ownership for free. For $50 each trip, the company will repair, re-cover, or replace the mattress after 10 years. If Nectar confirms a qualifying defect, the additional transportation fees will be waived. Photographs of a flaw may be accepted in some situations by the company.
The guarantee covers foam material cracking or splitting and indentations more than 1.5 inches that are not the consequence of a foundation problem. It does not cover damages resulting from accidents or violations of the mattress’s instructions. There are additional conditions that must be met.
Firmness and Feel Differences
Let’s take a closer look at the firmness and feel of these mattresses to learn more about them. Which of these mattresses is the best fit for you will be revealed by taking into account these aspects.
How Firm Are The Saatva and Nectar Mattresses?
We gave the Saatva’s Luxury Firm model a firmness rating of 7/10. The Saatva is firmer than the industry average of 6.5/10, which is considered medium firmness. The Saatva’s pillow-top softness is countered by the firmness of the coils below.
The Nectar, on the other hand, received a rating of 6.5/10, indicating medium-firm. To counteract the memory foam’s softness, there are harder foams beneath it that are more supportive. Keep in mind that your body weight and personal preferences may influence how high or low you place these mattresses in your list.
Sleeping On The Saatva and Nectar Mattresses?
Each of these mattresses has been tried and tested by us. When we slept on the Saatva and Nectar, here are our feelings about each position.
Comfort and support were well balanced on the Saatva’s Luxury Firm model as we slept on our backs. Our hips slid a little into the pillow-top for some pressure alleviation, but our spine was nicely supported. The lumbar support provided by the twin coil layers was amazing. Saatva is one of the best mattresses for back pain and arthritis, according to our research.
While side sleeping, the Saatva’s Luxury Firm model provided adequate pressure relief. When we slept on our side, we didn’t feel any strain on our shoulders or hips. The Plush Soft variant, on the other hand, is likely to be preferred by those who spend the majority of their night on their backs.
We also found the Saatva’s Luxury Firm version to be comfortable for stomach sleeping. Our hips were well-supported, and our spines remained in line as a result. People with a lot of weight on their stomach may want to opt for a firmer mattress or one developed specifically for them.
The Nectar mattress provided us with a lot of pressure alleviation and spinal support when we slept on our backs. We found that the memory foam layers molded to our bodies while the harder foundation layer provided superb overall support and focused lumbar support.
Side sleeping proved to be a nice fit for the Nectar. We noticed some pressure on our shoulders and hips, but it wasn’t enough to cause us any pain.. Those who sleep on their stomachs should be able to feel less pressure. It’s possible that heavier sleepers will feel more pressure from the stiffer support layer beneath the softer comfort layer.
The Nectar, in our opinion, is too supple for stomach sleeping. Our spines were thrown out of alignment as a result of our hips sinking too far into the mattress. As a rule of thumb, stomach sleepers need more support than back or side sleepers.
What Do The Saatva and Nectar Mattresses Feel Like?
Saatva has an innerspring sensation with a pillowtop feel on top. It’s easy to move around and switch positions thanks to the bouncing feel provided by the twin coil layers. Because of the mattress’ supporting coils, you won’t sink too far into it while you sleep; instead, you should feel like you’re resting on top of it rather than beneath it.
The Nectar has a characteristic memory foam sensation: It responds slowly to pressure and sleepers gradually sink into the mattress, which they feel mould to the contour of their bodies over time.. Instead than feeling like they’re sleeping “on top of” the bed, those who use this mattress should feel like they’re sleeping “in” it. As a result, this bed requires some effort to get around and change positions.
Average Weight Sleepers – 130lbs – 230lbs
There should be enough spinal support and pressure relief for average-weight back and stomach sleepers to enjoy the Saatva’s Luxury Firm model. With the Plush Soft model for those who want a plusher feel, side sleepers can get appropriate pressure relief from the Plush Soft variant.
The Nectar is a good choice for back sleepers of average weight, since it provides both comfort and support. This mattress is ideal for side sleepers of average weight, however those who weigh more than 230 pounds may find it a little too hard. It’s unlikely that the Nectar mattress will provide adequate support for most stomach sleepers of ordinary weight.
Heavyweight Sleepers – Over 230lbs
Saatva’s Luxury Firm model should provide adequate spinal support for back sleepers weighing in at or above 230 pounds. The Saatva HD, which is built for heavy-weight sleepers, may be preferable than the Firm variant for heavier sleepers. Due to the compression of the coils, heavyweight side sleepers will be able to enjoy a lot of pressure reduction around their shoulders and hips on this mattress. Those who frequently sleep on their stomachs will need a more supportive mattress.
Heavyweight back sleepers who weigh less than 230 pounds should be able to get appropriate support from the Nectar, but those who weigh more than 300 pounds may need a more supportive mattress with coils. Due to its thicker support layer, this mattress may feel overly firm for heavier people who sleep on their sides. Mattresses that are more supportive for stomach sleepers are needed to keep their spines aligned properly.
Lightweight Sleepers – Under 130lbs
If you’re a light sleeper, the Saatva’s Luxury Firm model should work well for you. For back and stomach sleepers, the mattress should provide adequate spinal support, while for side sleepers, the mattress should provide adequate pressure relief. Saatva’s Plush Soft mattress is a great option for side sleepers who prefer a plush sensation.
Lightweight back and side sleepers should be able to enjoy the Nectar’s comfort and support. In addition to spinal support, they should have lots of pressure relief. Stomach sleepers who weigh less than 100 pounds may be able to get by on this mattress, but most will need something firmer.
Should I Buy Nectar or Saatva?
It’s up to you to decide which of these beds is best for you. However, before you do, consider these final considerations.
We Would Recommend Buying Nectar if You are Looking for:
- Isolation of movement Nectar is no exception to the rule when it comes to keeping things moving. Sleepers can expect a good night’s rest when sharing a bed with a lively spouse.
- Exactly what you’d expect from a mattress made out of memory foam. If you’re a fan of memory foam, you’ll adore this mattress because it provides a traditional memory foam sensation with the added benefit of cooling and the satisfaction of not being stuck in the foams.
- It’s a good value. This company offers a high-quality product at an affordable price.
We Would Recommend Buying Saatva if You are Looking for:
- Luxury. You may get something nice for yourself every now and then…but what about getting a new mattress? To put it another way, you spend a third of your waking hours in bed, so it makes sense to invest in something that will serve you well for the rest of your life.
- A crossbreed. With Saatva mattresses, sleepers receive the best of both worlds: contoured foams and supporting coils that provide bouncy support.
- Optional levels of stiffness There are three levels of hardness to choose from, each tailored to a different set of sleeping requirements.
Which one is the best? Customers have the final say, and it all comes down to what they want. Nectar’s costs are unbeatable, but Saatva’s nightly luxury and class truly make this a competitor in the upper tier sleep products.
Both will let you to obtain a good night’s sleep, but each has its own advantages that make them worthy of consideration. We’ve written in-depth articles on both of these products if you’d like to learn more before making a decision.
Saatva Mattress Vs Nectar Mattress FAQs
The Saatva and Nectar mattresses are still on your mind. Here are some frequently asked questions and the answers you’ll find!
Which mattress is better, Saatva or Nectar?
However, there are distinct advantages to sleeping on one of the Saatva or Nectar rather than the other. Most people who sleep on their backs or stomachs, love innerspring mattresses, or want a firmer mattress will enjoy the Saatva. Memory foam lovers, side sleepers, and those looking for a more economical mattress will all enjoy the Nectar.
How long will the Saatva and Nectar mattresses last?
Both the Saatva and Nectar mattresses are built of high-quality materials and are long-lasting. It is reasonable to assume that both beds will endure between seven and ten years with adequate maintenance.
Can you flip the Saatva or Nectar mattress?
No, the Saatva or Nectar mattress cannot be flipped. Instead of sleeping on the softer comfort layers, you’d be on the rigid support layers.