Layla and Zenhaven are two different brands of flippable beds that we compared. How do they stack up against each other, and what sets them apart?
For those looking for a trendy luxury bed at a reasonable price, Layla, a memory foam mattress from a firm that recently redesigned its copper-infused bed, is the first option.
Comparing two industry leaders who pioneered the concept of dual-sided comfort is the focus of this study. Stay around to witness who emerges victorious from the competition. If you’re interested in learning more, make sure to read the product descriptions in their entirety.
Quick Comparison: Layla vs. Zenhaven
- Firmness on both sides.
- Memory foam laced with copper.
- For a period of 120 nights, you may use the service.
- Reduces the body’s ability to retain heat.
- The ability to be both firm and supple.
- Allergy-free mattress
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Compressed into a box, this bed is shipped. The cover is made of a polyester blend infused with ThermoGel ®, which helps keep things cool and comfortable.
This mattress has a total height of around 10 inches, with the following layers:
- The copper-infused 3-inch memory foam layer on top of the mattress provides a shaping and cooling effect for sleepers. Copper, because to its antibacterial and temperature-regulating characteristics, ensures a cool and germ-free night’s sleep.
- The second layer is a 2-inch thick convoluted foam support. Airflow and additional pressure relief can be achieved with the use of this egg crate-shaped material.
- Four inches of base support foam are introduced in the third layer, which serves as the foundation.
1-inch copper-infused material is used as the basis instead of a traditional base. If you’re looking for support and comfort as well as cooling, this is the firm side.
The order of construction above would be reversed in the Firm’s view.
A white glove delivery staff comes to the customer’s home to install the goods and remove the old mattress for free, unlike many other internet retailers.
A thick layer of undyed organic cotton covers Zenhaven, which is encased in a layer of New Zealand organic wool. The 10-inch thick bed is surrounded by these materials:
- Talalay latex is used in the initial layer. An individual sleeper’s alignment and support might be helped by a 5 Zone Comfort Layer that incorporates support characteristics.
- Talalay latex is used in the next layer, which is 3 inches thick, to provide further support.
- The third layer is a 3-inch Talalay latex layer that is more solid. As a base layer when you flip the mattress, this stiffer latex should be utilized on the Luxury Plush side of the mattress.
- The Gentle Firm setting employs a 1.5-inch Talalay latex foam on the bottom layer, which serves as the mattress’s surface layer. 5 Zone Comfort technology can be found in this model.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
A 1 on the hardness scale is as soft as a cloud, while a 10 is like a rock-solid surface. Let’s take a closer look at each of these beds’ two possibilities.
There are four points on Layla’s “Soft Side” and seven points on the “Firm.” Incorporating copper into the memory foam gives this mattress an edge over other memory foam options. As well as cooling the material, the design should allow the foam to firm up under pressure and give additional support.
As a result, Layla should have slower-reacting foam. With its characteristic memory foam feel, it follows the contours of the body. Those who sleep on their sides or backs may benefit from these features when using the Soft side of the mattress.
Layla’s Firm side is better suited to stomach and certain back sleepers who like a firmer sensation. In order to keep the hips supported and the spine aligned, this additional support is needed.
On our firmness scale, Zenhaven’s Luxury Plush is rated at 4.5, while Gentle Firm is rated at 7. In order to ensure proper spinal alignment, the 5 Zone Comfort Layer uses varied densities of latex foam in these five locations of the mattress.
Because latex is essentially rubber, it is a faster-reacting material than many other foams, making it ideal for sleeping. On the Luxury-Plush side of the mattress, sleepers should feel a responsive contouring sensation that is easy to get around on. It’s perfect for back and side sleepers, as well as those who require a little more pressure reduction, to experience this sensation.
For stomach sleepers who need to lift their hips, Zenhaven’s Gentle-Firm setting may be a better option. Those who sleep on their stomachs want a bed that provides a little extra support.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Depending on which side of either of these beds a person chooses to sleep on, the amount of sinkage is likely to vary. There should be a sinking sensation in both Layla’s Soft and Zenhaven’s Luxury Plush. There is a lovely cradle-like feel to Layla’s firm side and the Gentle Firm end of Zenhaven. Layla is a more tightly cinched garment, whereas Zenhaven is a little more open.
Zenhaven has a lot more bounce than the other ship in this regard. The rubber tree produces latex, which is a foam. Rubber is naturally more buoyant than memory foam, which gives Layla with practically no bounce. If repositioning is a problem for you, Bounce can help.
Comparing Motion Transfer
If you’re in a relationship, you may want to think about motion transfer. The spouse on the other end of the bed will not wake up if the motion of the mattress can be isolated to one side of the mattress.
Both Layla and Zenhaven are above average in this area, however since Layla uses memory foam, it should outperform Zenhaven slightly. It’s well-known for its ability to keep you from moving as you sleep.
Comparing Edge Support
If you or your partner are prone to tossing and turning in your sleep, a bed with perimeter support may be just what you need. However, despite the lack of reinforced edges, both brands are capable of coping with stress.
Some sleepers may find that they compress slightly when sat on, but while sleeping along the edges, they perform well. Remember that this is not something to sneer at.
Layla and Zenhaven Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Polyester blended with viscose, lycra, and ThermoGel®||PolyesOrganic Cotton quilted with New Zealand wool,ter|
|Materials||Copper-infused memory foam, high-density poly foam, convoluted support foam||Natural Talalay Latex|
|Cooling||Copper wicks away memory foam heat, and the convoluted layer promotes airflow.||Wool, latex w/ pinholes|
|Firmness||4 or 7/10||4.5/10 or 7/10|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Deep Hug|
|Bounce||No; some surface level on the Firm side||Yes|
|Trial Period||120 nights||180-Night|
|Certifications||CertiPUR-US®||OEKO-TEX®, GOTS Certified cotton and wool|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S. and Canada||Free White Glove Service to anywhere in the contiguous United States and parts of Canada|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Layla Price (w/o discount)||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Layla or Zenhaven?
Let us help you understand some of the most important aspects of the situation.
We Would Recommend Buying Layla if You are Looking for:
- An affordable option. Many sleepers have been swayed by this brand’s promotion of their bed at a low price point. This is a fantastic value, with a 120-night trial period and a Lifetime Warranty!
- Motion isolation. Using Layla’s memory materials, you may continue to do what you do best while you sleep. Sleeping.
- Memory foam. This material is well-known for its ability to conform to the body’s contours and relieve pressure points.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Luxury. Luxurious living comes at a high price, and Zenhaven is no different. It’s worth noting, though, that this top-of-the-line bed is more affordable than some of its competitors.
- An eco-friendly option. As a company, Zenhaven has made steps to assist protect the environment. OEKO-TEX® Talalay latex, GOTS organic cotton, and Natural New Zeland Wool are all used by the firm.
- Zoned latex. Zenhaven has an advantage in support because of this technology. Anatomical support was provided by the use of latex foams of various density.
For the same price as a single bed, buyers can obtain two from either of these companies. Soft and Firm options are available in Layla while Zenhaven has a Luxury-Plush or Gentle-Firmness option.
So, which of these two-in-one wonder mattresses have you fallen in love with? The Zenhaven or the Layla? Make sure to check out our in-depth product reviews if you still have any questions!