We’ve been eagerly awaiting this comparison for some time now. DreamCloud and Zenhaven are two of the most well-recognized mattresses in the business. Critics, professionals, and customers have been raving about them since they were originally released.
However, they aren’t cheap, but their performance, comfort, support, and technology make them well worth their price tags.
The two will go head-to-head in this review to find which one is the finest.
We’re going to spend a lot of time going over each product to find out what’s inside. Before we give you our final advice, we’ll check to see if there’s any comfort or cooling capability difference between the two.
Let us now begin.
- Hybrid mattresses are available in both products.
- Both of these thermal regulators are excellent.
- Both employ zoned portions to provide personalized assistance.
- In terms of environmental impact, the Zenhaven is far superior.
- The DreamCloud is a lot less expensive than the regular mattress.
- Memory foam is not used in the Zenhaven.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
DreamCloud Premier Construction
Depending on your preference, the DreamCloud Premiere memory foam hybrid mattress can be delivered in a box or by professional white glove delivery. 2-inch quilted euro cover covered with two layers of luxurious memory foam made of luxury cashmere blend.
In addition to the two foam layers in the cover, the mattress has a total of five layers, which is higher than many other brands.
- There is a 2.5-inch layer of soft comfort foam beneath the EuroTop Covers. This comfort foam is designed to alleviate pressure on sensitive areas of your body, such as your shoulders and hips.
- One inch of ordinary polyfoam is used as the foundation for the product. If you don’t feel the coils directly or sink too far into the mattress layers, this base foam layer should give additional resistance.
- The coil unit, which is the final and tallest component, measures 8.5 inches. The coils are individually wrapped for maximum motion isolation, and the unit includes both inner and perimeter coils for maximum edge support. To keep you cool, these coils should help to circulate air throughout the mattress.
This latex mattress comes pre-assembled. They do not compress or roll-pack Zenhaven’s products prior to shipping.
The cotton cover is quilted with a 1-inch wool fire barrier to regulate the temperature. This mattress has a total height of 10 inches.
In addition to being double-sided, this mattress is available in two distinct levels of comfort. As though the Gentle Firm side were facing up, we’ll approach the construction.
- Latex Gentle Firm Comfort Layer (1.5 inches) is the top layer. Five zones of support and alleviation are provided by this system, which includes a lumbar support area and a lower back support area. This should help with poor spinal alignment by distributing weight more evenly.
- A 3-inch Natural Latex Firm Base Layer is found in the second layer. There should be a lot of bounce in this Talalay latex that will make it easy to reposition.
- There are three inches of Natural Latex Plush Base Layer in the third layer. You’ll feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud if you flip the mattress over and put this on top.
- Natural Latex Luxury Plush Comfort Layer is 1.5 inches thick in the base layer. Using this as the top layer of the bed should provide mild pressure alleviation and gentle support.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
DreamCloud Premier is rated a Medium 5.5 on our 1-10 scale, where 1 is extremely soft and 10 is extremely firm. Zenhaven’s Luxury Plush is rated at 4.5, while Gentle Firm is rated at a whopping 7 out of 10.
The hybrid is an excellent choice for persons with a wide range of sleeping preferences who desire a medium firmness. Latex mattresses come in a variety of firmness levels, making them suitable for both stomach and side sleepers, as well as those who want a softer sensation.
When you first lie down on the EuroTop of DreamCloud’s hybrid, it should feel soft and pleasant. Coils and a velvety feel work together to provide a medium-firm feel. Memory comfort is also included in this mattress, which provides compression in the areas of your body where you need it most.
Zoned comfort provides support or pressure relief, depending on what your body needs. Zenhaven’s cover should be supple and comfy. There should be no problem with any bed, however Zenhaven may heal a little quicker.
Shoppers who are concerned about their weight should consider both brands. With the hybrid’s coils, the Gentle Firm Z should be more durable and supportive than the Luxury Plush.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
As a result, the DreamCloud Premier mattress should give an even greater level of comfort and support. As a result, the coils should bounce somewhat and the materials should be able to reconfigure quickly.
You should be able to sink into Zenhaven’s Plush side, while the Firm option should hold you afloat. By flipping the mattress, the sleeper can adjust the level of sinkage to their preference. The materials should bounce back quickly and have a modest bounce.
Combination sleepers will benefit greatly from any of these beds, as they both allow for easy adjusting.
Comparing Motion Transfer
The DreamCloud Premier’s deep memory foam and individually encased coils should minimize vibration. The latex used in the Zenhaven should also help to minimize disturbances caused by movement. Co-sleepers with restless partners should find both of these items ideal.
Comparing Edge Support
Edge support isn’t a priority for most users. A robust edge can be a key worry for those who want to spread out and use all of their sleeping area. The DreamCloud’s coil support system may be a better option for those searching for more stability while resting on the edge, as the outside coils of the mattress have been reinforced.
DreamCloud Premier vs. Zenhaven Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||CASHEX cashmere blend||Cotton and wool|
|Materials||Memory foam, polyfoam, and coils||Talalay latex|
|Cooling||Breathable cover, gel-infused foam||Wool, aerated latex|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle/Deep Hug|
|Trial Period||365 nights||180 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free within the contiguous United States, Alaska and Hawaii for an additional fee, White Glove Service is optional||Free in the United States and parts of Canada, White Glove service is available for no extra charge|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||DreamCloud Premier Price (w/o discount)||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy DreamCloud Premier or Zenhaven?
As a result, how does this information apply to you personally?
We’ve compiled a list of the finest mattresses based on a few of the most common concerns people have when purchasing a new mattress.
We Would Recommend Buying DreamCloud Premier if You are Looking for:
- A hybrid experience. There is no need to pick between an all-foam mattress and an innerspring mattress when you have the best of both worlds in one mattress.
- A luxury feel at an affordable price. While the Plush comfort foams and EuroTop cover are meant to feel opulent and inviting, the price point should not leave a dent in your bank account.
- A Medium feel. Ideally, this bed will provide a medium level of comfort with a deep hug, body-conforming support, and a short response time when pressed.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- A latex experience. The mattress’s all-latex composition is expected to generate bounce and alleviate pressure points.
- Temperature regulation. This mattress has a wool cover, which can help regulate temperature in both hot and cold weather, unlike the other two cooling alternatives. This should prevent the sleeper from becoming overheated or underheated while they are resting.
- Two beds in one. Customers can choose between a Soft, deep hug or a Medium-Firm gentle cradle by flipping this mattress.
Both of these mattresses are likely to satisfy the needs of a wide range of sleepers. The DreamCloud Premier is a good choice for those who prefer a soft cradle and a medium sensation. Zenhaven is a good option for those who prefer a softer feel or those who are searching for a bit of variation.
If you’d like to learn more about each bed, be sure to check out our in-depth reviews.
Which Bed Sleeps Cooler?
The DreamCloud, while being a memory foam mattress, is extremely cool due to its cooling gel infusion and its latex layer in the middle. The DreamCloud’s cooling gel, on the other hand, is attempting to remedy a problem that the Zenhaven does not have.
Because of its inherent ability to control body temperature, latex is already a very cool substance. There is no comparison to DreamCloud when you add in the Zenhaven’s innovative arrangement of ventilation holes and its ultra-breathable cover.
Which Bed Would Be Best For A Side Sleeper?
To ensure optimal spinal alignment while sleeping on your side, both of these items feature a zoned support portion and are intended for side sleepers.
As a result, side sleepers will find both products to be excellent choices.
Should I Buy A DreamCloud Or A Zenhaven bed?
For the most part, we believe the DreamCloud is the better choice.
Between $500 to $1000 more expensive, the Zenhaven is arguably a better mattress. The Zenhaven is an excellent choice if you can afford it and prefer the feel of a latex mattress or are concerned about the environment.
However, 9 out of 10 times, we’d recommend DreamCloud to you.