One of the most popular mattress brands on the market is Zenhaven and the other is Casper. Even now, people are still unsure of how the two compare to one another. In this Zenhaven vs. Casper mattress comparison, I’ll go over the main similarities and differences between the two to help you make an informed selection.
Zenhaven vs. Casper: Top Similarities
- Both companies operate under the same business strategy.
- Both firms are well-known and well-known for their client care.
- You can try both for free and get a full refund if you aren’t satisfied with your purchase.
Zenhaven vs. Casper: Key Differences
- When it comes to making their mattresses, Casper and Zenhaven employ a mixture of memory foam and polyfoam, respectively.
- The natural latex utilized in the manufacture of the Zenhaven mattress makes it more bouncy than the Casper.
- The Zenhaven is significantly heavier than the Casper.
- Compared to the Casper, the Zenhaven is a far more durable mattress.
- Compared to the Casper, Zenhaven costs $1,000 more for a Queen.
|1||Casper Sleep Element Mattress, Queen, Grey||5,100 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Casper Sleep Original Hybrid Mattress, Queen||1,104 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Casper Sleep Original Foam Mattress, Queen||903 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Casper Sleep Snow Mattress, King, Light Grey||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Casper Sleep Nova Hybrid Mattress, King||104 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
Casper Construction Takeaways
- Polyfoam is used in place of memory foam in Casper’s construction. Polyfoam, sometimes known as “comfort foam,” contains a number of latex-like properties.
- Memory foam sinks in and molds to your body, while the springiness of the foam provides a little bounce. better than the Casper for a queen
Zenhaven Construction Takeaways
- The mattress can be turned over, allowing for two different firmness levels. This means that if consumers find one side too soft, they can simply switch it out for a firmer one.
- It’s made from 100% natural Talalay latex. This is the most environmentally friendly mattress you can buy.
- Unlike synthetic latex, natural latex is extremely resilient and springy.
- A zoned mattress provides greater support in the centre of the mattress, which is where most people need it.
- Additionally, this improves the product’s lifespan.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Compressed and packaged in a box, this product is made entirely of foam.
This 11-inch mattress has a polyester cover that can be completely removed for quicker spot cleaning.
- The top layer is AirScapeTM, a design that promotes airflow in order to avoid overheating. This material should also be able to bounce at the highest level.
- Second, there is a Zoned SupportTM, which is designed to relieve pressure on the shoulders and knees while providing firmer support beneath the hips.
- This layer of dense foam serves as a foundation for the other layers.
This is a ready-to-use, uncompressed latex mattress.
With a 10-inch thick New Zealand wool topper and organic cotton cover, this mattress is hypoallergenic and naturally fire retardant. A Luxury Plush or a Gentle Firm version of this mattress is available by just flipping it over. We’ll assume that the Luxury Plush choice is face-up when discussing the build.
- With a 5-Zone Comfort Layer that uses pinhole densities to generate soft or firm support, the first layer is 1.5 inches thick. Under the shoulders and hips, shoppers should experience a tighter support.
- The Talalay Latex in the second layer is 3 inches thick, and its purpose is to offer a softer base of support.
- After flipping the mattress, the firmer 3-inch Talalay Latex in the third layer will assist create a GentleFirm environment.
- Base layer is a 1.5-inch 5-Zone Comfort Layer that is firmer than the first layer. When used as the top layer, this provides a Gentle Firm feel.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
In order to give you a sense of how each product would feel, we have assigned each bed a firmness rating between 1 and 10. The lower the score, the softer it will feel. With 10 being the firmest, a higher score should feel more solid.
You can get Casper’s medium to medium-firm 6 feel in one firmness, which should be suitable for most sleepers.
Compression in the shoulder area is needed by those who sleep on their side because of the zoned comfort layer. The additional support in the hip area should also help stomach sleepers avoid sinking, which could lead to poor spinal alignment.
Luxurious Plush by Zenhaven is medium-soft, with a rating of 4.5 out of 5. Depending on how the buyer feels this bed, Gentle Firm is rated at a 7 (medium-hard to firm). People should be able to select a level of comfort that works for them simply by turning the mattress to their preferred position. You may rest assured that your body will be well-supported because this bed has separate comfort zones for each part.
Ideally, the materials used in either mattress will respond swiftly to body movements, resulting in less body impressions being left behind.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Casper mattresses should be placed on top of a Gentle Cradle, and customers should lay their heads on top of the mattress. Zenhaven’s Gentle Firm choice should produce similar results, while the product’s Luxury Plush option should provide a deep hug.
Both mattresses are suitable for those who sleep in a variety of positions. Resistance should be reduced by the products’ low sinkage, quick responsiveness, and abundant bounce. Even in the Luxury Plush setting’s Deep Hug, the Zenhaven mattress’ bouncy latex should keep users from feeling “trapped” in the materials.
Comparing Motion Transfer
By absorbing movement and preventing it from traveling through the mattress, a mattress with effective motion control can assist minimize disturbances caused by restless co-sleepers. Both options should be sufficient for most customers to sleep soundly at night. As a light sleeper, you may want to consider Casper over the bouncy Zenhaven because it will allow for less motion transmission. Casper may be a better alternative for you.
Comparing Edge Support
Both products should be able to provide appropriate support for those who like to sleep on their stomachs. When lying on the edge of the Casper mattress, there should be minimal compression. On the firmer side of the Zenhaven, edge sleepers may prefer less compression.
Casper vs. Zenhaven Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Polyester||Organic cotton and New Zealand wool|
|Materials||Proprietary comfort foam, polyfoams, high-density memory foam||Talalay latex|
|Cooling||Open-cell top layer, memory material placed further away from the sleeper||Wool and pinholes in the latex|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Deep Hug, Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||10 years||20 years|
|Trial Period||100 nights||180 nights|
|Certifications||CertiPUR-US®||OEKO-TEX® and GOTS|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Shipping available to the United States, Canada, Austria, Germany, the UK, and Switzerland, In-Home service available in some areas. Ask for details.||The United States and Canada, free White Glove service to the contiguous states and parts of Canada|
|Made in the USA||Yes, cover is assembled in Mexico||Yes|
|Size||Casper Price (w/o discount)||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Casper or Zenhaven?
Is it time for you to find the best mattress for you? Our sleeper recommendations will help you choose the finest product for your situation.
We Would Recommend Buying Casper if You are Looking for:
- Zoned support. Provides relief and support where you need it most by zoning deeper material.
- A medium comfort feel. In addition to the alternating comfort zones, this mattress has a medium to medium-firm comfort level that should appeal to a wide range of sleepers.
- An affordable brand name. It’s no secret that Casper is a household name in the online mattress market. The company’s costs are reasonable and won’t strain your wallet.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Zoned comfort. Comfort zones with varied amounts of compression are found on both sides of this item to ensure optimal spinal alignment and alleviate pressure.
- Double-sided comfort options. Flipping the mattress over to the opposite side, most buyers should be able to discover a comfort level that works best for them based on their personal preferences.
- Natural materials. To provide a peaceful night’s sleep, the cover is made of organic cotton. Wool acts as a temperature regulator and a fire barrier because it is a renewable resource.
Considering Casper is supported by a well-known brand, you can expect a medium feel and zoned comfort from this mattress. There’s something for everyone in Zenhaven’s natural materials and dual-sided design.
To learn more about either product, check out our in-depth evaluations.