New Luxury Hybrid type of DreamCloud mattress is a hybrid mattress that blends the comfort of memory foam with the support of coils. The WinkBed, on the other hand, has established itself as one of the most well-liked online mattresses.
Which of these mighty beasts is most suited to your needs? DreamCloud vs WinkBed: Which is better? Check out our detailed DreamCloud vs WinkBed comparison! We’ll put the DreamCloud and the WinkBed’s Luxury Firm model to the test and compare their firmness, feel, construction, and performance. You should be able to tell which of these mattresses is best for you by the end of this review. Count me in.
DreamCloud vs. WinkBed Overview
Mattresses such as the DreamCloud and the WinkBed are designed to cater to a wide range of sleepers. This table lists the people who are most likely to enjoy each mattress type.
Who Should Get The DreamCloud?
- A group of people that want to save money.
- Those who sleep on their stomachs.
- Those who like a firmer mattress are included in this group.
Who Should Get The WinkBed?
- Those who are looking for something a little more gentle.
- People who are looking for a mattress that will last longer.
- It’s ideal for those who want more than one firmness level available.
DreamCloud vs. WinkBed Mattress Video Review
Take a look at our in-depth video assessment of these mattresses! There are many parallels and variations between these two products, thus our reviewer, Marten, will give an outline of these points.
Similarities Between The DreamCloud And WinkBed?
DreamCloud and WinkBed are two distinct mattresses, although they have a few common characteristics.
- Underneath the luxurious comfort layers of both mattresses are coil support layers.
- Both of these mattresses are really supportive.
- DreamCloud and WinkBed should both be quite breathable, according to this information.
- Good customer service is included with both sets of beds, as well.
Key Differences Between The DreamCloud And WinkBed?
Despite the fact that these beds share many similarities, they also have a few major differences.
- In comparison to the DreamCloud, the WinkBed has four firmness options.
- The WinkBed is more expensive than the DreamCloud at full pricing.
- The DreamCloud is firmer than the WinkBed Luxury Firm.
Firmness And Feel Differences
Think about firmness and feel while you’re shopping for a new mattress. A mattress’s ability to accommodate your chosen sleeping position and other preferences depends on a combination of these elements. Let’s begin this comparison by comparing the firmness and feel of the DreamCloud and WinkBed mattresses!
How Firm Are The DreamCloud And WinkBed Mattresses?
We gave the DreamCloud a firmness rating of 7.5 out of 10 and the WinkBed a rating of 7/10. There is a 6.5/10 benchmark for typical firmness in the industry, which indicates that the DreamCloud mattress has a firm feel, while the WinkBed mattress is just slightly firmer than normal.
Consider that hardness is a matter of personal taste. Your weight and personal preferences may cause you to rate these mattresses a little more or less firm than we do.
Sleeping On The DreamCloud And WinkBed Mattresses
Now, let’s speak about the DreamCloud and WinkBed mattresses in terms of how they sleep:
We found the DreamCloud mattress to be a good fit for back sleepers. In general, we were well-supported, and our lumbar area was particularly well-protected.
When it comes to side sleeping, we found the DreamCloud to be a little too firm for us. We felt a little squeezed in our shoulders and hips while in this position.
The DreamCloud is a good option for stomach sleepers who are light or medium in weight. However, our heavier-weight reviewer felt the mattress to be a little too soft for him in his sleeping posture. When his hips began to sink in, his spine began to misalign.
While lying on our backs on the WinkBed, we felt well-supported while also feeling comfortable. We found that the foam comfort layers molded to our bodies nicely, and the lumbar support was particularly good.
While lying on our sides on the WinkBed, we had good pressure alleviation. This position is ideal for people who spend a significant amount of time sleeping on their side or in a combination with another position.
For those who prefer to sleep on their stomachs, the WinkBed Luxury Firm can be a little too soft. The Firm model might be a better fit for people who prefer to sleep on their stomachs.
What Do The DreamCloud And WinkBed Mattresses Feel Like?
In spite of the top layer of memory foam, the general feel of the DreamCloud is that of an innerspring mattress. It’s simple to move around on this bed because it’s a bouncy and responsive mattress.
The WinkBed, like the DreamCloud, is an innerspring mattress with a cushion top. This combination of soft comfort and adequate spinal support produces a comfortable balance. Changing positions is simple thanks to the springiness provided by the coils.
Average-Weight Sleepers – 130lbs – 230lbs
When it comes to back sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds, the DreamCloud can be too firm, while those who weigh more than 230 pounds should find it comfortable. In most cases, the DreamCloud will be too firm for side sleepers of ordinary weight. The DreamCloud’s firmness should make it a good choice for stomach sleepers of ordinary weight.
Average-weight back sleepers are likely to love the WinkBed Luxury Firm model’s combination of comfort and support. Average-weight side sleepers may also benefit from the WinkBed, which provides enough pressure reduction across the shoulders and hips for these sleepers. When it comes to stomach sleepers, the WinkBed Luxury Firm may be adequate for some, but if you like extra support, you may want to check out the WinkBed Firm model.
Heavyweight Sleepers – Over 230lbs
DreamCloud is a good choice for heavier back sleepers under 300 pounds, but anyone over that weight range may need to hunt for a more supportive mattress. Side sleepers who want firmer mattresses may be able to get enough relief from the DreamCloud if they prefer a harder feel, but in general, those who weigh more than 300 pounds may require a separate mattress for heavy individuals. As a stomach sleeper, you may notice your hips sinking into the DreamCloud and causing your spine to get out of alignment.
Back sleepers who weigh less than 300 pounds may like the WinkBed Luxury Firm model, while bigger individuals may wish to try the WinkBed Plus. The WinkBed may be able to provide some assistance to side sleepers weighing less than 300 pounds, but heavier individuals would need a more supportive bed. Heavyweight stomach sleepers may find the WinkBed Luxury Firm model too soft, however the WinkBed Plus may be a better option.
Lightweight Sleepers – Under 130lbs
Lightweight back and side sleepers may find the DreamCloud to be a little too firm in this position. Lightweight stomach sleepers may benefit from the DreamCloud’s firmer structure, which provides plenty of spinal support.
With its combination of comfort and spinal support, the WinkBed Luxury Firm could be ideal for light back sleepers. Lightweight side sleepers, on the other hand, should be able to sleep comfortably without experiencing any discomfort in the shoulders or hips. If you’re a light stomach sleeper, the WinkBed should be able to support you.
Mattress Construction Differences
A mattress’s firmness and feel can reveal a lot about its quality. You can tell whether a mattress is right for you by removing the cover and inspecting its construction and materials. Here, we’ll go through the DreamCloud and WinkBed mattresses layer-by-layer to see how different materials affect their performance.
With a cashmere cover that is tufted and quilted with a hint of soft foam, the DreamCloud mattress is a luxurious sleep experience.
The WinkBed’s cover is constructed of Tencel, a material derived from Eucalyptus trees, which is both soft and breathable.
The DreamCloud mattress has a primary comfort layer of gel memory foam beneath its quilted cover. Infused with gel, this material provides some mild respite from pressure and aids in cooling. To prevent sleepers from sinking too far into the mattress, there is a transition layer of harder foam beneath the gel memory foam.
WinkBed is a twin Euro-style pillow top that is quilted with Hypersoft foam to provide a comfortable layer of support for the sleeper. Unlike traditional memory foam, this substance is designed to be softer, more comfortable, and better at dissipating heat.
There is a layer of individually-wrapped coils in the DreamCloud’s support layer, which is more durable and lessens motion transmission than standard coils.
Support for the WinkBed mattress is provided by a layer of zoned coils that are organized in seven zones to assist you sleep in a variety of positions. Dedicated lumbar support is provided by the lumbar layer.
The DreamCloud mattress is 14″ height, whereas the WinkBed mattress is somewhat taller at 15″.
Comparing DreamCloud and WinkBed Mattress Materials
Look inside each of these beds to see why they feel so different. ‘Til next time! Despite the fact that they are both hybrid mattresses, their structure is very different.
- Cover — It’s comprised of a cashmere blend that’s been quilted with a little bit of foam for added comfort.
- Comfort Layer — A layer of gel memory foam sits directly beneath the soft cover. Sleepers will benefit from body-contouring from this material, which has a delayed response to pressure and provides relaxation in the shoulders and hips. For those who are concerned about memory foam’s tendency to absorb and retain heat, this layer is filled with cooling gel to assist alleviate this problem.
- Transition Layer — Helps prevent sinkage of the comfort layer and eases transition to the firm part of pocketed coils below. Poly foam transition layer.
- Support Layer — There is a lot of bounce, firmness, and lift to the mattress thanks to the use of this pocketed coil technology. Those who like to sleep on top of their mattress rather than inside of it may find these firm coils to be ideal. The coils may also help alleviate back discomfort by aligning the hips and shoulders, allowing the spine to be properly aligned as a result.
- Base Layer — A tiny layer of poly foam is placed beneath the coils to provide the springs with a surface to bounce off of.
- Cover — Tencel, an eco-friendly and breathable fabric, is used to make the cover.
- Pillow Top — Two portions of gel-infused hypersoft foam are found on the Euro pillow top layer, which is soft and breathable. Sleeping in this part should bring the sleeper some immediate relief. There’s a lot to like about the WinkBed’s Soft cushion top layer for side sleepers, despite the DreamCloud’s firmness being a little too much.
- Support Layer — Pocketed coils make up the bulk of both the DreamCloud and WinkBed mattresses. As a result, the sleeper is placed more “on top” of the bed rather than “within” of it by this layer.
DreamCloud And WinkBed Mattress Size Options And Price
If you want to examine the latest current information on DreamCloud and WinkBed mattresses, take a look at the following charts!
|Twin||38″ x 75″||$1198.00|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||$1298.00|
|Full||54″ x 75″||$1498.00|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||$1598.00|
|King||76″ x 80″||$1798.00|
|California King||72″ x 84″||$1798.00|
|Twin||38″ x 75″||$1149.00|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||$1249.00|
|Full||54″ x 75″||$1499.00|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||$1799.00|
|King||76″ x 80″||$1999.00|
|California King||72″ x 84″||$2049.00|
Check out our DreamCloud mattress and WinkBed mattress coupons, too, for the greatest deals.
Shipping and Returns for WinkBeds & DreamCloud
For all of their mattress clients, the WinkBeds brand offers free shipping inside the United States. Once you’ve tried the mattress for 120 nights, you can return or replace it after day 30 of the trial period if you don’t like the feel or performance. A full refund will be issued and WinkBed will assist you in finding a way to recycle or donate the mattress to a good cause. An additional 60-night sleep trial is included in exchanges.
In addition, the mattress is backed by a lifetime guarantee. The original owner is eligible for one new mattress if the original mattress develops indentations above 1.5″ deep or if the foam or coils disintegrate. “Any Reason” replacement warranty, which allows you to buy a new mattress for half its original price, is also available.
White glove delivery costs an additional $149 and is included in the DreamCloud mattress price. Because many users complain that the DreamCloud is cumbersome to set up, it’s worth taking into account the additional assistance. During the trial period, customers have a full 365 days to decide whether or not they want to keep the product. In the event that you return the mattress, a DreamCloud Sleep Concierge will assist with you to find a way to either donate or dispose of the used mattress.
A Lifetime warranty is also included with the mattress. Degradation of the foam layers and major mattress cover flaws up to a 1.5-inch depression are all covered. Within the first ten years of your warranty, you’re entitled to a free mattress replacement if yours is found to be defective. DreamCloud may choose to repair and recover your mattress rather than replace it after the 10th year of the guarantee.
DreamCloud And WinkBed Performance Differences
When it comes to DreamCloud and WinkBed, you’ve probably heard a lot already. However, this contrast isn’t done just yet. Let’s take a final look at a couple more crucial performance indicators before we go. We compared the temperature regulation, edge support, motion transfer, and other features of these mattresses to determine which one came out on top. We’ll find out soon enough!
Take a look at our mattress comparisons page to see how DreamCloud and WinkBed match up against other mattresses like DreamCloud versus Amerisleep and Saatva vs WinkBed, among others.
Sleeping Hot Or Cold
This was a toss-up for us. It is because to their coil layers that both of these hybrid mattresses are extremely breathable.
Both mattresses do a poor job of absorbing movement. With springs and coils in both mattresses, they don’t absorb a lot of motion. However, the DreamCloud’s comfort layer of memory foam may allow it to outperform the WikBed in terms of overall performance.
Here, the WinkBed takes the cake. While sitting or lying down towards the mattress’s edges, we felt more safe. As you can see, DreamCloud has been compressed slightly.
The WinkBed has once again emerged victorious. You can expect this mattress to endure at least ten years (assuming proper care).
DreamCloud’s off-gassing is expected to dissipate within 48 hours of use. The WInkBed did not emit any noticeable odors.
Both of these mattresses did not make any noticeable noise.
Changing positions while having sex is made simple with the greatest sex mattress. According on this criterion, both the DreamCloud and the WinkBed could be suitable options. These mattresses are responsive and bouncy, so you and your companion won’t feel confined in either bed.
DreamCloud vs WinkBed: Best Qualities
Folks, this concludes our tutorial for today. You now have to work out which of these mattresses is best suited to you and your sleeping habits. Here, I’ll sum up my ideas and give a few advantages and cons for each model.
I believe the DreamCloud mattress is better suited for couples because of its excellent support. The WinkBed’s micro-coil design isolates motion just a tad better than this bed’s gel memory foam. The DreamCloud mattress, on the other hand, performs a better job of keeping me cool while I sleep.
WinkBed is a great mattress for folks who need additional support in the shoulders, hips, and lower back. If you sleep on your side and then switch to a different position during the night, this mattress might be a good fit for you. I’d also add that the WinkBed is bouncy, supportive, and firm, which creates a lovely, traditional innerspring vibe.
If you’d like to be even more particular, I’d like to highlight a couple of my favorite things about each mattress.
DreamCloud Best Features
- Back sleepers may find the DreamCloud mattress to be a wonderful treat to sink their heads into. Having a good night’s sleep is made easier by the bed’s ability to raise and correct the spine.
- As a bonus, this mattress is a good option for those who sleep hot at night. The top layer of gel-infused memory foam provides a wonderful cooling sensation, while the pocketed coil structure provides a lot of airflow.
WinkBed Best Features
- Because the WinkBed has a more classic feel, it could be a good option for individuals who like a more traditional mattress.
- I’d add remark that the cushion top layer provides some wonderful pressure relief, especially for individuals who sleep on their backs and sides at least once a night.
Comparing DreamCloud and WinkBed Customer Service
DreamCloud Sleepopolis Customer Service Rating
- Satisfactory: In their chat function, DreamCloud received a Satisfactory grade since they offered me a link rather than an answer to my question. I was able to get what I needed, however it would have been nice if they had answered my question straight away.
WinkBeds Sleepopolis Customer Service Rating
- Great: I gave WinkBed a Great rating because I received a thoughtful and thorough response to a query I addressed in their chat section. However, I had to wait a few minutes for a representative to respond to my question.
Comparing Other Models from DreamCloud and WinkBeds
Both DreamCloud and WinkBed offer a variety of additional mattresses, so this comparison isn’t limited to the two original models. Take a look at these examples!
- Like the original DreamCloud, the DreamCloud Premier is a luxurious hybrid mattress. A thick euro pillow top layer comprised of hypersoft foam gives it a velvety feel.
- This medium-firm hybrid mattress is suitable for a wide spectrum of sleepers, but I prefer it for side sleepers because it provides excellent pressure relief and support.
- For those who like to move about and change positions throughout the night, the Premier’s extra bounce makes it an excellent choice.
- Read my entire DreamCloud Premier mattress review for more information.
- The WinkBed GravityLux mattress is an all-foam mattress constructed with silky memory foam.
- For deep pressure relief in the shoulders, hips, and lower back, the high-quality memory foam layers provide enough of room.
- People with joint problems or arthritis may find the soft version of the GravityLux more suitable for side sleepers.
- Take a look at my entire review of the WinkBed GravityLux mattress for more information.
- Latex foam and springy coils are combined in the WinkBed EcoCloud mattress to create a mattress that is bouncy, supportive, and firm.
- Overall, I think this bed is a great alternative for those who require a bed that is easy to move around.
- You may also want to look at the materials utilized to build your bed if you’re concerned about environmental impact.
- Interested? To learn more about the WinkBed EcoCloud mattress, please visit my full review.
DreamCloud vs WinkBed: Which is Better for You?
Where do you begin when it comes to finding the greatest hybrid mattress? To discover out, check out my list.
Who Should Buy DreamCloud
- DreamCloud is an excellent option if you share a bed with a companion, as you shouldn’t be disturbed by a restless partner on this bed, and the edges are well-supported.
- Back sleepers will like the DreamCloud’s combination of soft pressure alleviation and solid support.
- For those who sleep overheated, this mattress provides excellent airflow and sleeps comfortably.
Who Should Buy WinkBed
- The WinkBed mattress is more responsive than the DreamCloud mattress if you sleep in a variety of positions.
- If you’re a side sleeper, the WinkBed is best for you.
- The WinkBed is a good option if you prefer a typical innerspring sensation. As a result, it’s a favorite among the elderly and others who suffer from back pain.