Who will emerge victorious from two memory foam mattresses made with a similar architecture but with small differences? This is a comparison between the Nectar mattress with the Novosbed mattress.
Since its inception in 2017, Nectar has become one of the most popular mattress products on the market. Its one-size-fits-all business model has resulted in a mattress that can be used by a wide range of people.
There are several firmness levels to choose from with Novosbed and an additional foam layer may be added for free after purchasing the bed. The company’s goal is to keep costs low while maintaining high standards of quality.
To get a more in-depth look at each brand, visit our reviews:
Quick Comparison: Nectar vs Novosbed
- It’s a stress reliever.
- The familiar texture of memory foam.
- Trial duration of 365 nights.
- Memory foam with a classic feel.
- Luxury at a price that won’t break the bank.
- The stiffness is moderate.
Novosbed Vs. Nectar Overview
Memory foam is used in the Novosbed, a high-quality mattress. Memory foam is also used in the Nectar mattress. But what distinguishes the two? In comparison to the Nectar, the Novosbed offers a variety of configurable firmness levels. In addition to the gel, the Nectar is designed to keep you cooler at night than the Novosbed. There will be a significant difference in the way these two mattresses feel.
Similarities Between the Novosbed and Nectar
Nectar and Novosbed share a lot of the same characteristics.
- Memory foam is used in the comfort layer of both mattresses.
- Both are well-isolated from movement and have a sluggish, sinking sensation.
- Both are excellent in relieving pressure and sculpting the body.
- Customer service and business practices are similar between the two firms.
- In terms of thickness and overall design, both are 11 inches thick.
Differences Between the Novosbed and Nectar
The fun begins now. The following is a breakdown of the main differences between the two beds.
- The Novosbed is more expensive than the Nectar.
- In comparison to Nectar, Novosbed has three firmness levels.
- People can rest assured that Novosbed will provide them with the proper firmness level for their body type.
- When it comes to keeping cool, Nectar relies on a gel memory foam layer whereas Novosbed uses air channels in its foam.
- In comparison to Nectar, Novosbed makes use of denser memory foams, but its support foam is denser.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
All-foam mattress Nectar is provided in a bag with handles, making installation even easier.
In addition to providing a stylish design, the mattress’s poly-blend cover should promote airflow and breathability. Gel-infused memory foam is quilted into the cover for a comfortable and cool top. The overall height of this product is 12 inches.
- You’ll get the classic memory-foam feel with the top layer’s gel memory foam, which molds to your body. Almost a third of the total length.
- There is a transitional layer that is a 2-inch soft conventional foam with a faster response time than the top layer, which helps cushion the foundation’s feel.
- The 7-inch-thick foundation layer is a typical foam. It serves as the bed’s foundation and provides it with long-term stability.
Novosbed’s memory foam cosmetics is sent to your door in a box, just like its competitor’s.
Machine-washable Tencel-infused polyester covers the 11-inch bed, which is known for its ability to regulate temperature and keep things cool.
- High-Density Airflow Memory Foam, which is aerated, enhances breathability, a problem that memory materials typically have a difficult time with. It stands 2 inches tall.
- Two inches of transitional greater density memory foam are sandwiched between two layers of softer top and firmer bottom layers.
- There is a 7-inch thick layer of Premium Support Foam in this layer.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
In terms of firmness, both of these mattresses are about the same. We give Nectar a 6.5 on a scale of 1 (softest) to 10 (firmest) on our comfort rating. At a medium of 6, Novosbed’s Medium is excellent. The average sleeper is most comfortable in this range, which falls in the middle of the spectrum.
If you’re looking for a mattress that conforms to your body’s curves, you’ll be pleased with both of these options.
Novosbed has three different firmness levels, whereas Nectar just has one (Soft, Medium, and Firm). They also offer a complimentary Comfort+ layer if you decide that the bed is too soft or hard for your liking after you purchase it. Once the cover is unzipped and the additional layer is placed on top, you’re good to go.
Both beds should be able to accommodate side and back sleepers, with the correct amount of support for their shoulders and hips provided by the memory foam.
Those who sleep on their stomachs, particularly those who are heavier, may want to try the Novosbed in a firmer choice to keep their hips from sinking in too much.
While both beds should have a similar amount of contouring, sinkage may vary. Even if you’re on the heavier side, you should sink into Nectar and feel like you’re a part of the mattress. The Novosbed should be more like a cradle for your body, with less of your body in the bed and more of it on the bed.
Repositioning may be more difficult on either brand, but this should not be a problem for most people. Bounce is negligible. It is expected that Novosbed will be easier to adjust positions on due of the reduced sinkage that is expected to be felt.
Comparing Motion Transfer
For those of us who have to share a bed with a restless partner, children, or even pets, memory materials are an excellent choice because of their ability to absorb motion. With denser foams and no springs, both brands should have minimal motion transmission, so you can say goodbye to restless nights in bed (especially if you sleep really light).
Comparing Edge Support
Because they must be rolled for transportation, beds that come in a box tend to fall short in this area. These mattresses are outliers, scoring higher than the majority of their all-foam counterparts. If you put all your weight on one side, you may feel some compression, but for the most part, you will be well supported all the way around.
Nectar vs. Novosbed Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Poly-blend with quilted gel foam||Polyester blend with Tencel|
|Materials||Gel memory foam, soft conventional foam, and standard conventional foam||High-Density Airflow Memory Foam, Premium Support Foam|
|Cooling||Gel-infused foam and breathable cover||Breathable Airflow foam|
|Trial Period||365 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S., White Glove Delivery is optional||Delivers to US and Canada; White Glove Delivery available in select locations|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||Nectar Price (w/o discount)||Novosbed Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Nectar or Novosbed?
In spite of their many similarities, the small differences between these brands might have a significant impact on your decision on which mattress is best for you.
We Would Recommend Buying Nectar if You are Looking for:
- An extensive warranty and trial period. Rest easy knowing that the bed comes with a lifetime warranty and a whole year to return it if you don’t like it.
- Great value. This bed competes with some well-known brands, yet it is less expensive while maintaining a good level of quality.
- Comfort for side sleepers. Its plushy, deeper hug should alleviate pressure on the hips and shoulders of side sleepers.
We Would Recommend Buying Novosbed if You are Looking for:
- Firmness customization. If you know what you like, this brand has three different firmness levels and an optional (free) Comfort+ layer to accommodate your preferences.
- A classic memory-foam feel. You should feel the contouring of memory materials while not sinking in so deeply, making repositioning a little easier.
- A bed for couples. This mattress should be comfortable and supportive for the average sleeper, and the variety of options this brand provides may make it easier to select a comfort level that works for both spouses.
So, what do you think of it? In comparison to Nectar, Novosbed allows you a little more control over your sleep surface. Didn’t make up your mind?
There’s nothing to worry about. Learn more about us by reading our individual reviews. You may also check out our comprehensive list of this year’s best-rated beds.