The Sparrow and Saatva will be compared to see how drastically they differ from one another.
Deep sinkage and increased cooling capabilities are two options you can choose from when it comes to sinking. Or do you like a lower profile and better lumbar support?
Regardless of your preference, you can rest assured knowing that both organizations are committed to providing luxurious experiences at a price you can afford. Nest Bedding offers a comfort guarantee for its Signature line, while Saatva claims to have a combined 100 years of experience to deliver the ultimate in comfort and support for their mattresses.
To help you decide which mattress is ideal for you, take a look at our comparison guide and then check out these specific product reviews:
Quick Comparison: Sparrow and Saatva
- Improved cooling capacity.
- This was a really good hug!
- Foam and coils of the highest quality.
- An old-fashioned springy sensation.
- Luxurious accommodations for a reasonable price.
- High-quality building materials are used throughout the process.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Sparrow Signature Hybrid Construction
This product is a hybrid of foam and coils, a bed-in-a-box.
Additionally, Thermic Phase Change cloth quilted into the cover adds an additional layer of comfort. To avoid overheating as you sink into the layers of comfort, this should be done in this manner. This mattress has a total height of 12 inches.
- EnergexTM Temperature Responsive Foam is the top layer. When it comes to pressure relief, the cutting-edge material has you covered.
- The next layer is a 1-inch thick SmartFlow Foam. A neutral spine should be supported by this material as the mattress transitions into the coil section below.
- 6-inch Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils make up the bottom layer. Motion transfer should be minimized as a result of this arrangement because it increases the useful sleep surface. Co-sleepers will appreciate these two advantages.
- An additional layer of support foam is located at the bottom of the mattress to provide coil support.
Memory foam and two coil units are combined in this mattress. There’s no charge for white glove delivery with this purchase.
An antimicrobial treatment called GuardinR has been applied to the cover of the 3-inch Euro Pillow Top to prevent the formation of bacteria. Mattresses are available in two heights: 14.5 inches and 11.5 inches, respectively. Because the 14.5-inch mattress is so similar in height to the Signature mattress, we’ll focus on the construction of that mattress. The distinctions between the two heights will be described below.
- Memory foam is sandwiched between the pillow top and the lumbar region of the back.
- Individually wrapped coils make up the second layer. If you’re looking for tailored comfort and support, these coils are designed to respond to your body weight and position. They also help to keep the bed cool and comfortable by increasing airflow.
- Support for the bottom layer is provided by a steel coil. The entire bed is supported by this system, which is made of recycled, tempered steel.
- Edge support is provided by high-density foam around the perimeter to prevent sagging.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Mattress firmness (comfort level) is measured using the 1-10 system, and we’re comparing these two mattresses. This approach considers 1 to be the softest and 10 to be the most rigid. Both goods offer a variety of ways to relax.
The medium setting of the Signature is rated 5.5 stars out of 10. There is a 2.5 plush option and an 8.5 firm option from the company.
On this scale, the Saatva’s Luxury Firm is ranked at a 6.5. In terms of firmness, the Plush Soft should be a 4 and the Firm should be an 8.
As you can see, each brand offers a wide range of comfort options. Sparrow tends to cover a wider range of softness to firmness than most other birds. Saatva tends to fall somewhere in the middle of the spectrum when it comes to all of its possibilities.
The Sparrow’s dense foam comfort layers and coil mechanism, which is meant to compress or stand firm depending on your weight and posture, are expected to give great pressure relief. You should be able to rest comfortably on Saatva’s mattress because it has two separate coil systems that cradle your body and support your spine.
While stomach sleepers may prefer a firmer mattress, side sleepers are more likely to prefer a softer mattress.
These two manufacturers offer a wide range of comfort options, so customers of various preferences should be able to find something that works for them.
Slower response times in the upper levels should be offset by a faster response time in the lower levels. There should be a noticeable delay in the Saatva’s response time in the lumbar area.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
If you’re looking for a deep, reassuring hug, the Sparrow is the best choice. The delicate cradle of the Saatva is likely to appeal to those who love to float on top of their mattress.
Because of the Saatva’s dual-coil technology, you may feel more bouncy on it than on the other. In either case, both medications should be able to help combo sleepers get a good night’s rest.
Comparing Motion Transfer
There are many people who do not consider motion transfer to be a dealbreaker while purchasing a new and perfect mattress for them. If this is a significant issue for you, you may want to choose the Signature, as its several layers of foam should dampen significantly more energy than the connected steel coils inside the Saatva, which could allow movement to pass throughout the bed.
Comparing Edge Support
The edges of Sparrow are supported by a row of Quantum Edge Coils. Reinforced foam is found in the Saatva. Co-sleepers, youngsters, or dogs that share their mattress can benefit from excellent edge support from both of these products. Co-sleeping can cause disruptions when couples shift around in their sleep.
Sparrow Signature Hybrid and Saatva Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Thermic Phase Change fabric and Gel-Infused Memory Foam||Cotton and comfort foam Euro Top treated with GuardinⓇ|
|Materials||SmartFlow Support Foam, Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils, Energex™ Temperature Responsive Foam||Memory foam, pocket coils, steel coils, reinforced foam perimeter|
|Cooling||Thermic Phase Change fabric, Gel-Infused Memory Foam, Copper, SmartFlow for airflow, coils for airflow||Double coil systems|
|Firmness||5.5/10||6.5/10 (Luxury Firm)|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Trial Period||365 nights||180 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes, only the 11.5-inch|
|Shipping||Ships to the United States and Canada, shipping is free in the contiguous states, White Glove service can be arranged||Free in the contiguous United States, also ships to Alaska and Hawaii, White Glove service is free in the contiguous U.S.|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes, a factory in Canada serves those customers|
|Size||Sparrow (w/o discount)||Saatva Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||$1,149||$2,276|
Should I Buy the Sparrow or Saatva?
These two companies have a wide range of products that are likely to meet the needs of diverse customers. Different sinkage levels, construction, and feel are likely to lead you to a clear-cut winner for your own particular preferences. Check out our summary below to see which product is most likely to suit your needs.
We Would Recommend Buying the Sparrow Signature Hybrid if You are Looking for:
- Foam with enhanced cooling. Individually pocketed coils and several gels should keep you cool even as you burrow into this mattress, even if you sleep in it for hours.
- A deep hug. For the best results, look for deep sinkage as well as a snug fit. This should relieve some of the pressure on your neck and shoulders.
- Customizable comfort. A variety of Split King configurations are available to accommodate couples that require a variety of comfort levels.
We Would Recommend Buying Saatva if You are Looking for:
- Enhanced lumbar support. Back sleepers will appreciate the increased lumbar support provided by the mattress’s foam and coil design.
- A gentle cradle. Euro Top mattresses are ideal for people who want to sleep “on” their mattresses rather than “in” them.
- A classic innerspring feel with a lot of bounce. With two coil systems, this mattress gives a typical innerspring experience. Customers should be able to move around with ease thanks to a good amount of bounce.
Distinct sleepers will like the different coil experiences offered by these two mattresses. It’s easy to tell that the two have vastly different approaches to everything from comfort to sinkage to cooling. When searching for a bed, this information will help you focus on what is most important to you.
You may feel assured that whichever mattress you choose, both manufacturers offer high-quality mattresses at a reasonable price. You can learn more about each company by reading our in-depth reviews.