Interested in having a custom-made bed? Both of these companies will make your new mattress from scratch once you’ve paid for it, so you know exactly what you’re getting.
Both Brooklyn Aurora and WinkBed will be pitted against each other in this competition. For each model, we’ll tell you what the best aspects are, as well as who these attributes are most suited for.
In-depth reviews of both beds will give you a firsthand look at the products:
Quick Comparison: Brooklyn Aurora and WinkBed
- Improved cooling capabilities.
- Affordable luxury in the form of a bed.
- There are three options for stiffness.
- Support that is well spread.
- Retains less heat.
- For heavier people, this is ideal.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Brooklyn Aurora Construction
It’s made of a combination of foam and coils. Before shipment, this item is compressed by the firm.
This 13-inch mattress has a phase-changing cotton cover that helps regulate temperature.
- Copper gel-infused EnergexTM foam with TitanCoolTM technology forms the top layer of the mattress. In order to minimize bodily imprints, this material is sensitive.
- TitanFlexTM, a 2-inch latex-alternative, completes the second layer. This material is designed to provide contouring and bounce to customers.
- Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam is an inch thick in the third layer. This layer is packed with gel to help keep the sleeper cool as they rest on the mattress.
- Quantum EdgeTM Pocketed Coils, which stand 8 inches tall, are used in the fourth layer to produce tailored compression by responding independently to the weight, position, and movement of the sleeper.
- An inch thick base foam is used to stabilize the higher materials.
- Reinforced coils provide a sturdy edge around the perimeter.
Moisture wicking and temperature regulation are made easier thanks to the inclusion of Tencel in this cover. The mattress has a height of 13.5 inches, but some firmness selections may have a slightly different height. The Luxury Firm version is the subject of this breakdown.
- Hypersoft Gel Foam is used in the first layer, which is 2 inches thick, to respond rapidly and conform to the body. The Tencel cover is quilted with this to create a beautiful EuroTop mattress.
- For enhanced comfort, the second layer is 2.5 inches of SupportCell foam.
- Pocketed Tempered Steel Coils of 8 inches in height make up the innerspring layer. Flowing air and a high level of bounce and contouring can be achieved because to the design’s pockets. Edge-to-edge coils prevent sagging along the perimeter of this layer, which offers zone support.
- Polyfoam is used in the base to provide a solid foundation for the entire bed.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
On our comfort and firmness rating (learn more here), the Aurora is a real medium 5 out of 10; the business has ranked their softer version at 3 and their harder model at 7 on the Aurora. Shoppers may get a sense of how each item will function by using this 1-10 system to indicate its firmness degree. More points mean a firmer mattress, whereas a lower number indicates a softer mattress.
In terms of firmness, WinkBed’s Luxury Firm 6.5 is medium-firm. The softer mattress was given a score of 4.5, while the firmer mattress was given a score of 7.5.
Both beds are likely to be cool to the touch when customers first lie down on them due to the inclusion of several cooling gels. When the coil systems are active, both products should provide relaxing pressure alleviation and deeper levels of support.
Both mattresses have quick-response materials that allow them to fill in body impressions as people shift positions during the night.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
A gentle cradle should be created by the medium choice of both mattresses, so that customers can sleep on top of their beds rather than “in” them. This promotes cooler sleep by allowing the body to breathe. If you prefer more or less sinkage, you can choose between three firmness levels offered by both companies.
The Aurora’s bounce is mild. However, the lower springs in the WinkBed help increase the amount of movement that is there. There is a lot of bounce in the lower layers, but the upper layers aren’t quite as responsive.
The bouncy coils and quick-response materials in both models are expected to make it easy for combo sleepers to move around.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Shopping for a motion-absorbent mattress is likely to be preferred by couples, dogs, or children who sleep together. Aurora and WinkBed are likely to perform similarly in this category, as both use a coil unit that helps to reduce motion transfer as you sleep.
Comparing Edge Support
When using both mattresses, you may roll right up to the edge and still feel supported because both models have reinforced edges and minimal sinkage. They are excellent choices for couples who wish to spread out a little or for folks who like to hug the edge of their mattress while they sleep.
Brooklyn Aurora vs. WinkBed Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Cotton with a phase change blend||Tencel|
|Materials||Base Foam, Quantum Edge™ Pocketed Coils, Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam, TitanFlex™, and Copper Gel Energex™ Foam||Gel-Infused Hypersoft Foam, SupportCell Foam, Pocketed Coils, Polyfoam|
|Cooling||Pocketed coils, materials infused with cooling gel and copper, phase change technology in cover||Tencel, cooling gels, pocketed coils, double coil systems|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Bounce||Moderate||Minimal upper-level bounce, moderate deeper-level bounce|
|Trial Period||120 nights||120 nights|
OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Class 1
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free in the contiguous United States, additional fee required to ship to Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii, free White Glove service may be available in showrooms||Free in the contiguous United States|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Brooklyn Aurora Price (w/o discount)||Winkbed Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||$1,249||N/A|
Should I Buy Brooklyn Aurora or WinkBed?
What kind of hybrid is best for you? Let’s have a look at our recommendations to see which beds are best suited for which customers.
We Would Recommend Buying Brooklyn Aurora if You are Looking for:
- Multiple comfort options. In order to obtain the right level of comfort, customers can select from Soft, Medium, or Firm models.
- A cool hybrid with extra motion control. Gels, pocketed coils, and other cooling technologies claim to keep devices from overheating. There should be multiple foam layers that can absorb the coil system’s motion to help with motion control.
- Enhanced edge support. Extra firm coils on the mattress’ outside edges give excellent edge support, making this a standout mattress.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBed if You are Looking for:
- Multiple comfort options. Individual preferences can be accommodated by a wide range of soft, firm, luxurious, and plush types.
- A cool hybrid with enhanced bounce. This mattress features gels, Tencel fabrics, and pocketed springs that help regulate temperature. The deeper you go into the bed, the more bounce you’ll get from the spring unit and the quick-responding foams. Easy repositioning and increased mobility are promised as a result of this.
- Zone support. As a result of its design, the coil unit provides great back support and pushback in regions where there is excess pressure such as the lumar region.
You’ve come to the correct place if you’re looking for a cool hybrid mattress with a selection of firmness levels to pick from. By providing outstanding edge support and a lot of bounce, the Aurora takes their hybrid game to a whole new level. Additionally, the WinkBed’s lumbar support assists to reduce motion transfer.
For more information about each brand, please return to the top of this guide.