Wondering what the difference between a hybrid and all-foam bed is?
Our comparison between WinkBeds and Loom & Leaf bed will investigate the benefits of a foam and coil hybrid system and a memory foam construction. We’ll also let you know which types of sleepers should be most comfortable on either mattress.
Will you select for WinkBed’s hybrid, given by a firm that manufactures its items by hand as soon as an order is placed? Or will you choose Loom & Leaf’s eco-friendly memory foam mattress produced by parent business Saatva, a sponsor of the Sustainable Furnishings Council?
Quick Comparison: WinkBeds and Loom & Leaf
- Support that is well spread.
- Reduces the amount of heat that is retained.
- Suitable for heavier people.
Loom & Leaf
- Enveloped in a soft embrace.
- Affordable luxury in a high-end bed.
- Reduces the amount of heat that is retained.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This is a hybrid combining coils and foam that is compressed and boxed for simple shipping.
The Tencel© cover is designed to promote breathability. The Luxury Firm mattress is 13.5 inches in height, and there may be some height variation among the other firmness options. We will discuss the construction of the Luxury Firm model, as that should be a relatively versatile feel that could suit most sleep types.
- The first layer consists of a 2-inch Euro-Pillow top containing a gel-infused Hypersoft foam. This should provide cushioning and pressure relief along with temperature control.
- The second layer contains 2.5 inches of SupportCell foam, which should give you added comfort and ease into the coil unit.
- The innerspring layer holds a targeted 5-zone pocketed coil system. These coils should reduce motion transfer. The 5 zoned areas are designed to produce both compression and support where the body needs it most.
- The base layer is a support foam standing 1 inch in height that should further absorb motion and create a stable foundation for the upper materials.
Note: The company does not provide full specifications on their website.
Loom & Leaf Construction
Because it’s made entirely of foam, it will arrive uncompressed and ready to use.
A certified organic cotton cover sits above this 12-inch bed. Using a natural thistle flame retardant reduces the amount of chemicals in the product. We’ll focus on the Relaxed Firm model because it’s the one offered by the company.
- The Spinal Zone Gel panel sits atop three inches of memory foam in the top layer. In addition to relieving strain, the gel helps cool and straighten the spine.
- The Transition Loft Pad is 2 inches thick in the central layer. The foundation and comfort levels should be separated by a thick layer of contouring and support.
- In order to keep the mattress stable, a 6-inch high-density foam core sits at the bottom of the mattress.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
We use a scale of 1 to 10 to rate the firmness of each product to help you get a better idea of how it feels in your hands. This means that a 1 is as soft as a baby’s bottom and a 10 is as solid as concrete.
Luxury Firm by WinkBed has a rating of 6.5, which indicates a medium-to-firm feel. A 4.5 for the Softer model, a 7.5 for the Firmer, and an 8.5 for the Plus model.
The medium-firm choice from Loom & Leaf, the Relaxed Firm, has a score of 6. The firm’s version is rated 7.5 out of 10.
Customers who want medium, medium-firm, or firm-feeling shoes can choose from both brands. If you like a soft or medium-soft level of comfort, WinkBed is your best bet. This is especially relevant to those who sleep on their sides.
The hybrid mattress should include fast-response elements that keep the sleeper from getting stuck in one place. It has a cover that cradles your shape at the surface, as well as a fast-responding layer and foams that reshape slightly faster than many typical memory materials. A variety of cooling methods are available to prevent overheating on both.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Both kinds should provide a comfortable cradle with minimal sinkage. The quick-response foams and little sinkage of both mattresses should make it easy for sleepers to switch positions. Consider the WinkBed if repositioning is a serious issue, as the all-foam version should produce less bounce, but the hybrid should provide good bounce from the bottom coils.
Comparing Motion Transfer
To minimize disturbances caused by restless lovers, both mattresses must feature many layers of foam that can absorb movement. If motion control is important to you because you sleep light, Loom & Leaf’s all-foam structure should function better than the springs in the hybrid to reduce vibrations.
Comparing Edge Support
You could need edge support if you are a couple, have children or pets, or if you just want to snuggle up to the edge of your bed at night. Most all-foam bed-in-a-box products offer less support and compression than memory foam beds. The WinkBed, on the other hand, has an edge-to-edge coil system that should provide extra stability if edge support is a major concern for you.
WinkBeds and Loom & Leaf Compared Side-by-Side
|Features||WinkBeds||Loom & Leaf|
|Materials||Foams and coils||Memory and poly foams|
|Cooling||Pocketed coils, cooling gel, Tencel© fabric||Cooling gel, breathable cover|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Bounce||Minimal upper bounce, moderate deeper bounce||Minimal|
|Trial Period||120 nights||180 nights|
OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Class 1
|CertiPUR-US®, GOTS-Certified Organic Cotton|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free in the continental United States||Free White Glove Delivery in the contiguous United States|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||WinkBeds Price (w/o discount)||Loom & Leaf Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$2,756|
Should I Buy WinkBeds or Loom & Leaf?
Are you still unsure which product is best for you? For a better understanding of who each bed is best suited for, let’s look at the most notable qualities of each one.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBeds if You are Looking for:
- Exceptional support. A mattress with a 5-zoned coil structure and reinforced edges should be stable for practically any buyer. For heavier people, there is a Plus version that provides considerably more support.
- A little more bounce. In theory, the coil configuration should provide enough of bounce while also reducing motion transfer.
- A softer comfort option. There is a medium to firm level of firmness in both companies. You might try WinkBed’s plush mattress if you’re looking for a more comfortable mattress.
We Would Recommend Buying Loom & Leaf if You are Looking for:
- A more eco-friendly product. Organic cotton, natural fire barriers, and low emission materials guarantee an antimicrobial sleep experience that is also environmentally responsible.
- An all-foam experience. The all-foam composition of this mattress provides both pressure relief and increased motion control. Even though the foam is substantial, a soft cradle and cooling characteristics help prevent overheating.
- A unique delivery system. Customers won’t have to wait for their bed to deflate before they can use it, as it should arrive completely constructed and uncompressed. To help you get your new bed into your home, the firm provides free White Glove service.
Shoppers looking for a medium to firm level of comfort and pressure alleviation might consider either brand. You may find WinkBed appealing to individuals who love softness, as well as those who want a bit more bounce and edge support. The memory mattress is a good option for consumers who are looking for a product that is both environmentally friendly and comfortable.
If you’d like a deeper dive into each brand’s products, be sure to check out our in-depth reviews.