This Sparrow vs. WinkBed comparison pits two hybrids against one another.
It is Nest Bedding’s goal to provide great customer service. When it comes to overall wellness, WinkBed sees their brand as more than simply a sleep aid. It is possible to get a luxurious feel at a reasonable price with both manufacturers’ lifetime warranties.
Here, you’ll find comparisons and contrasts between these two products. We’ll also tell you which mattress is best suited for your specific needs.
Afterward, read our in-depth product reviews for a more in-depth assessment of each item:
Quick Comparison: Sparrow and WinkBed
- Additional cooling capabilities.
- Exhilarating smothering.
- Foam and coils of the highest quality.
- Support that is widely dispersed.
- Retains less heat.
- For heavier people, this is ideal.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Sparrow Signature Hybrid Construction
Foam and coils are combined in this innovative design. For transportation, it is packaged and compressed.
In order to create a 1-inch cover that promotes sinkage and cooling, this 12-inch bed incorporates Thermic Phase Change fabric and Gel-Infused Memory Foam stitched together.
- The 3-inch EnergexTM Temperature Responsive Foam is found on the topmost layer. This state-of-the-art material ought to be responsive right away.
- A 1-inch SmartFlow Support Foam fills the following layer. This is designed to be a transitional layer before the coils.
- A 6-inch Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coil system serves as the innerspring. While reducing motion transfer and improving edge support, the coils should stabilize the mattress as a whole.
A 1-inch thick layer of supportive foam is added to the bottom of the mattress.
This is a rolled and compressed foam and coil hybrid that is packed in a box.
Eco-friendly Tencel is used in the construction of this mattress, which is designed to keep you cool and comfortable. This bed’s Luxury Firm firmness option comes in at 13.5 inches, so there may be some variation in the firmness levels. While examining Luxury Firm’s other products, we’ll make a note of any changes.
- The top layer is a medium-firm Eurotop with 2 inches of gel foam on top. As a result, this should alleviate pressure and cool the body.
- The SupportCell foam used in the second layer, which is 2.5 inches thick, provides further cushioning and ease of transition to the coils below.
- There are 8-inch pocketed coils in the innerspring layer. This system has five comfort zones that are designed to support and relieve pressure based on the user’s weight and position.
- A 1-inch layer of support foam at the bottom of the mattress should help it stay in place and reduce movement.
These measurements are based on the company’s basic mattresses. Customers who are concerned about their weight can get the Plus, which should give them with more stability.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
A 1-10 scale has been used to rate the level of comfort and firmness for these two mattresses. One is the softest possible, while ten is the firmest. Both brands have varying levels of comfort.
For its Medium, the Sparrow’s Medium was awarded an impressive 5.5, which should make it feel somewhere in the middle between medium and medium-firm. The Plush is rated as 2.5, while the Firm is rated at 8.5.
In terms of firmness, WinkBed’s Luxury Firm mattress is rated at a 6.5, which is a touch on the Medium-Firm side. There are Soft, Firm, and Plus versions of each.
In addition to the diverse levels of comfort, each bed should have a unique feel.
With the TitanChil Endurance Foam® and individually-pocketed coils, Sparrow should be able to provide increased pressure reduction. With a coil unit that has five support zones, the WinkBed promises to provide better support and spinal alignment than a traditional mattress.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
There is a moderate amount of bounce in both brands, however the way this feature works is different for each one. There should be a good amount of overall bounce from the Sparrow, but a deeper depth of bounce from the Winkbed.
Comfort fabrics in the upper part of the Sparrow should cradle you as you settle in. WinkBed’s soft cradle should keep you towards the mattress’ top.
Both beds should work well for those who sleep in a variety of positions, thanks to the bounce they provide.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Co-sleepers wishing to minimize disturbances from restless partners should be satisfied with either item in the motion control category of the. Individually insulated coils and thick materials in each product are designed to reduce vibration. Co-sleepers will appreciate the lack of motion transmission, but most customers will not.
Comparing Edge Support
You should be able to sleep on the edge of your bed without sacrificing support thanks to the design of both the Sparrow and WinkBed’s coil units. This is a place where both goods shine.
Sparrow and WinkBed Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Gel-Infused memory foam and Thermic Phase Change fabric||Tencel|
|Materials||Energex™ Temperature Responsive Foam, SmartFlow Support Foam, Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils||Gel-Infused Hypersoft Foam, SupportCell Foam, Pocketed Coils, Polyfoam|
|Cooling||Thermic Phase Change fabric, Gel-Infused Memory Foam, Copper, SmartFlow for airflow, coils for airflow||Tencel, cooling gels, pocketed coils|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Bounce||Exceptional||Minimal, Moderate Deep Level Bounce|
|Trial Period||365 nights||120 nights|
OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Class 1
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to the U.S. and Canada, free within the contiguous United States, White Glove service can be arranged||Free within the continental United States|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Sparrow Price (w/o discount)||WinkBed Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King (1 side only)||$1,149||N/A|
Should I Buy the Sparrow or WinkBed?
Similarities between the two devices include a hybrid nature and a variety of comfort options as well as better edge support.
Your personal preferences are likely to be the reason why you choose one over the other. Your decision may be influenced by factors including sinkage, bounce, zones, and cooling properties.
We Would Recommend Buying Sparrow Signature Hybrid if You are Looking for:
- All-foam comfort with enhanced cooling technologies. Phase-changing technology and cooling gels ensure a cool night’s sleep despite the foam’s deep hug.
- Personalized comfort options. Customers can create a mattress that combines the greatest features of both the King and the Cali models. If your needs change, this company will work with you to exchange out beds for discounts and ensure comfort for the life of the product.
- A deep hug. These mattresses include a significant amount of pressure-relieving sinkage, making them ideal for people who prefer to sleep “in” their mattresses.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBed if You are Looking for:
- Customized support. In order to alleviate aches and pains in the shoulders and hips, a zoned design provides extra compression to these places, while pressing back on lighter areas to maintain a neutral spine.
- Extra bounce. This bed’s coils should be able to help you get up and down with ease.
- A gentle cradle. With this product, you should feel reduced sinkage, resulting in a softer cradle. If you prefer to float at the top of the bed, this may be the best solution for you.
You may rest easy knowing that whichever product you choose, you’ll be able to customize it to your heart’s content. Combine different levels of comfort, choose a bed with improved stabilization, select a cooling feature, or select a support system that is zoned.
More information about these two excellent goods can be found by reading our in-depth reviews, which we strongly recommend.