A new kind of sleeping experience is possible thanks to our WinkBed vs. Purple comparison, which has two mattresses that combine pressure-relieving body conformity with specific support for your curves.
Is a more traditional technique from an American manufacturer using springs to cradle your weight and softly rest your spine more appealing?
Read our in-depth reviews here if you’d want to learn more about one or both of these companies.
Quick Comparison: WinkBed and Purple
- Support that is well distributed
- Reduces the amount of heat that is retained
- Weighty folks will benefit from this product.
- Individuals benefit significantly from the grid system.
- Reduces the amount of heat that is retained
- Repositioning is a snap now.
- When it comes to bounce, the WinkBed has buoyant spring coils, while the Purple has foam layers that effectively absorb motion.
- Due to the Purple Grid on the top of the mattress, the Purple delivers a bit more pressure reduction. The WinkBed’s foam pillow top is soft and comfortable, but it doesn’t provide the same level of pressure relief.
- The WinkBed’s pillow top is soft and dense, whereas the DreamCloud’s comfort layer is more firm. Squishy gel-like grids are what the Purple Grid aspires to be.
- “Softer,” “Luxury Firm,” and “Firmer” are the firmness settings for the WinkBed. Only the medium-firm version of the Purple is offered.
- There is a lot of room for airflow in both the Purple and WinkBed mattresses. Both mattresses are excellent for hot sleepers who prefer their mattresses to disperse heat rather than trap it.
- In terms of support and comfort, both of these mattresses are ideal for back sleepers due to their universal medium-firmness.
WinkBed vs. Purple Video Comparison
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
When you order a hybrid mattress from WinkBed, it is compacted into a cardboard box and delivered to your door.
While the Luxury Firm option is 13.5 inches tall, other firmness selections will vary in height. Covered in a tufted Tencel-based fabric, all of the items are protected.
- Two-inch-thick gel foam cradles the sleeper at the top of the mattress.
- The following layer is 2.5 SupportCell foam, which is designed to alleviate additional pressure points.
- In addition to the 8-inch steel coil unit, the innerspring layer offers five support zones for optimal back support.
- A polyfoam base provides additional stability.
With handles, the purple is rolled up and stored in a bag.
In addition to Lycra and Viscose, the cover is a thin polyester blend that incorporates 9.5 inches of construction components that were recently renovated and refurbished. It should be noted that the New Purple design differs slightly from the original in terms of structure.
- Hyper-Elastic PolymerTM, a stretchy gel-like substance that cradles your weight by buckling under pressure yet holds a hard 2-inch height where your body curls inward, is the top layer of the mattress. It’s also helpful to have edge support.
- A 3.5-inch layer of softer support foam sits between the polymer and the base layers in the second layer.
- Four inches tall and solid, the mattress’s basis is the base layer.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
If you want a firmer mattress, WinkBed’s model may be ordered in four different hardness levels; for this comparison, the Luxury Firm was chosen, which scored 6.5 on our scale that ranks mattresses from 1 to 10. With a 6 out of 10, Purple is a bit more delicate than other colors.
Sleeping on your side, stomach, or back is possible with mattresses in these categories since they are able to accommodate the different sleeping positions. Soft enough to provide good pressure relief but firm enough to keep the spine aligned for most sleepers.
The micro-coil layer of WinkBed’s architecture has been replaced by a layer of SupportCell foam. Additional pressure relief is provided by an additional layer of foam on top of a high-performance support unit. There are two options for individuals who prefer a softer bed: the Soft and the Firm, both of which may be purchased separately.
As a result of its unique quick-response technology, Purple delivers a wide range of comfort levels for diverse body types. Depending on one’s body shape, the gel-like grid’s bending and buckling will be different. With heavier and straighter bodies, buckling is more likely to occur.
However, keep in mind that this mattress is new technology, and it may take some time for you to become used to it before making any final judgments.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Temperature management is a benefit of both mattresses, as they both softly cradle most bodies closer to the surface. But the Purple’s unique technology may allow for deeper cradling for those with curvier bodies.
While both Purple and WinkBed have bounce, Purple’s originates from its surface, and WinkBed’s comes from every layer of its composition. However, shifting around should be reasonably easy regardless of whatever mattress you choose.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Although WinkBed’s individually wrapped coils will transfer motion far less than typical innersprings, Purple may edge ahead due of its foam base’s isolation of motion. Even yet, couples who share a bed will likely be able to sleep peacefully in either brand, regardless of their partner’s restlessness.
Comparing Edge Support
Edge-to-to-edge coils in the WinkBed keep you secure while you sit or sleep around the bed’s perimeter. Purple has made some improvements to strengthen their edges, thus you may feel some compression when sitting near the edge.
Individuals who share a mattress will want to optimize the amount of room they have available, and reinforced edges can be a significant consideration.
WinkBed vs. Purple Compared Side-by-Side
|Polyester, Lycra, and Viscose
|Gel-Infused Hypersoft Foam, SupportCell Foam, Pocket Coils, Support Foam
|Hyper-Elastic Polymer™ grid-like system over poly foams
|Tencel, cooling gels, pocketed coils
|Proprietary polymer does not retain any heat
|Gentle Cradle, Deep Hug; depends on your position
OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Class 1
|Adjustable Base Compatible
|Free in the continental United States
|Ships to U.S. and also Canada
|Made in the USA
|WinkBed Price (w/o discount)
|Purple Price (w/o discount)
Shipping and Returns for WinkBeds & Purple
In addition to free shipping, WinkBeds clients have the option of paying $149 for white glove delivery. In addition, they get a 120-night risk-free trial. Requesting a free return and full refund or a swap for $49 is possible after 30 nights. A new 60-night sleep trial is given to mattresses that have been exchanged.
It is the original owner’s right to receive a replacement mattress under the WinkBeds Lifetime Warranty if the original is defective. Alternatively, you can take advantage of WinkBeds’ “Any Reason” replacement guarantee, which offers a 50% discount on a new mattress after the trial period.
Purple offers free shipping on all of their mattresses. Free returns and exchanges are also included in the brand’s 100-night trial period. A complete refund is available once you’ve used the mattress for at least 21 nights. The original trial period is still in effect for mattresses that have been exchanged.
With Purple’s 10-year warranty, clients are still protected after the sleep trial finishes. First-time purchasers of mattresses are eligible to receive a free replacement for a damaged mattress within the first decade of ownership.
The trial time and return policy for both firms may alter if you purchase your mattress from another online mattress shop like Amazon.
Should I Buy WinkBed or Purple?
Both mattresses offer excellent support, but which one is right for you depends on your own preferences and the qualities that align with your nighttime slumber fantasies.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBed if You are Looking for:
- A more traditional feel. Innerspring and foam mattresses are known to most sleepers, but the modern accents of this brand offer a fresh spin on a classic with coils that contour to your curves and heat-wicking foams that keep the temperature down.
- Thicker mattress. This brand’s mattress rises 13.5 inches above the floor, making it ideal for people who weigh a lot and are concerned about sinking through thin mattresses.
- Edge support. You’ll appreciate this brand’s superior edge strengthening if you spend a lot of time sitting or sleeping on the edge. Having a shared space means that couples will be able to spread out without danger of rolling over onto the ground.
We Would Recommend Buying Purple if You are Looking for:
- Brand new technology. According to current scientific studies, Purple’s supporting Hyper-Elastic PolymerTM provides a one-of-a-kind sleep experience
- Motion isolation. In spite of the mattress’s surface bounce, the foam base helps to capture any movements at their source, which should keep light-sleeping persons from being disturbed.
- More budget-friendly choice. According to the size, this brand might save you anywhere from $100 to $300 over the competition.
If a modern spin on a classic is hard to resist, a mattress based on rocket science is also hard to resist. Pressure alleviation and spine alignment are also important considerations when deciding between these two support systems.
Our in-depth evaluations at the beginning of this comparison may provide the answers you’re looking for if you still have questions.