When comparing the Layla and Saatva mattresses, it can be difficult to decide which one is better because they are both exceptionally well-made and comfy.
Layla and Saatva mattresses will be compared in depth in this article, with an emphasis on the most important aspects of construction that buyers should be aware of before making a purchase.
Layla vs. Saatva
- Feel: Compared to the Layla, the Saatva features a more typical innerspring mattress feel with a touch of plushness atop. Saatva-like comfort can be found in pillow-top mattresses.
- Value: Compared to the Saatva, Layla is significantly less expensive. Saatva’s stylish design and powerful performance, on the other hand, make it an excellent value.
- Firmness Options: Saatva, on the other hand, comes in three different firmness levels, so if you’re looking for a mattress that falls somewhere in between, this is your best bet.
- Cover: The Layla’s cover is light and airy. The Saatva’s polyfoam-tufted and quilted cover gives it a pillow-top appearance and feel, similar to hotel beds.
- Versatility: A wide range of body types can be accommodated by both mattresses, although they accomplish this in different ways. There are three firmness settings for the Layla and two for the Saatva, which can be flipped. Check out our other top selections for the greatest mattresses that can be customized.
- Cooling: Layla’s copper-infused foam and Saatva’s innerspring core both have active cooling capabilities, however the Layla’s is better for people who sleep temperature-neutral to warm, and the Saatva’s is best for people who frequently sleep hot.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
The company’s memory foam mattress is shipped in a large rectangular box that is rolled up. The top of the detachable cover is made of a polyester/Lycra/viscose combination saturated with ThermoGel®, which regulates temperature.
Firm foam becomes the top foam when flipped over in this configuration. This mattress has a total height of 10 inches.
- Copper-infused memory foam is used in the first layer for both comfort and shape retention.
- Antimicrobial copper, which is a heat conductor, helps keep the bed cool and sterilized at the same time
- Support foam is used in the second layer, which is 2 inches thick. Most people recognize this as the egg crate design. Temperature control and additional pressure relief are provided by this design.
- Layla’s primary support is provided by a thick 4-inch layer of foam that serves as the foundation.
- The final layer is a 1-inch thick layer of firm comfort. Up until now, we’ve been using a thicker copper-infused substance. Firmer findings can be expected from users.
Saatva’s products are not compressed in a box, but are brought and fitted by a two-man crew at your home. This service is included in the price of every purchase.
Underneath the cotton Euro Pillow Top and three inches of blended foams, Saatva’s surface is finished. Construction breakdown of the 11.5-inch variant, which is the one you’ll see in this video.
- The memory foam in the middle of the bed is meant to assist the lumbar region below the pillow top.
- Pocket coils make up the second layer. These are made to conform to curves and isolate movement. Additionally, they help distribute air around the bed.
- Steel support coils make up the base. Designed with an hourglass shape, these are meant to be supportive while also being long-lasting.
- High-density foam is used on the sides to provide edge support and keep the mattress from drooping.
The 14.5-inch version includes a 3 inch thicker support coil layer. According to the maker, this inclusion is purely an ornamental feature.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Mattress firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10, with a 10 being as hard as a rock. Luxury Firm Saatva is rated at 6.5 out of 10. This song has a medium tempo, according to this score. For the Firm, we gave it an 8, and for the Plush Soft, we gave it a 4.
With the coil-on-coil construction, air can flow freely across the coils, providing additional support and creating an open channel. In order to avoid overheating when sleeping, this design incorporates these elements.
The Luxury Firm mattress is a great option for those who sleep in multiple positions during the night. The springiness in this design is also a plus for these people, as it should help them move around at night.
Additionally, people who want a firmer bed may find the Plush Soft to be more comfortable, while others who prefer a more supple sleep surface may choose the Firm.
Those who sleep on their stomachs may benefit from this additional support in order to maintain their hips elevated and their back in proper alignment.
Switching over to a different brand.
A 4 on our firmness scale ranks Layla’s softer side, while a 7 ranks her firmer side.
Copper is injected into the memory foam, which hardens under pressure. Layla is able to compete successfully with other memory bed businesses since this technology provides Layla with additional support for a memory product.
Combination sleepers should not expect too much responsiveness from Layla’s memory foam mattress, as it has slower response times than other memory foam mattresses. Memory foam’s contouring and pressure-relieving properties are present in these materials. It is worth mentioning that many side sleepers may prefer the Soft side while some stomach sleepers may favor the Firm side for their various sleeping postures.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
A classic memory foam hug is provided by the Layla’s Soft side, while the firm side provides a soft contouring cradle. There will be no bouncing because this is a memory foam mattress.
The Luxury Firm’s Saatva should leave customers of the companies it represents in a peaceful cradle. If you have young children, you may want to keep them away from this spring on spring activity, since it may bring back memories of their last birthday party’s bouncy castle. Couples who desire to invigorate their sex lives can take use of this option as well.
Comparing Motion Transfer
When it comes to movement containment, Layla is the clear winner because to her low bounce and higher isolated motion rate. Because of the foams utilized in its construction, movement is less likely to ripple across the mattress and wake up your sleeping companion.
As a result of the additional springiness provided by Saatva, as you move around in your sleep, a small amount of movement is visible on the surface. However, because the foams help to catch much of the movement, the spring over spring arrangement really works quite well at capturing motion.
Comparing Edge Support
It’s possible that you’re forcing your partner to the edge of the bed without even realizing it, which may be a genuine nightmare if your mattress has fragile edges. Saatva wins the edge support prize, despite Layla’s superior motion isolation. To keep sleepers safe, this mattress contains a thick layer of solid foam around the perimeter.
Layla, despite its lack of edge fortification, is a solid all-foam mattress brand. While sitting on the edge of this mattress may cause some compression, sleepers should feel supported.
Layla vs. Saatva Compared Side-by-Side
|Height||10”||11.5” or 14.5”|
|Cover||Polyester blended with viscose, lycra, and ThermoGel®||Cotton Euro Pillowtop with blended foams|
|Materials||Copper-infused memory foam, high-density poly foam, convoluted support foam||Memory Foam, Pocket Coils, Steel Coils|
|Cooling||Copper wicks away memory foam heat, and the convoluted layer promotes airflow.||Coils|
|Firmness||4 or 7/10||6.5/10 (Luxury Firm)|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Bounce||No; some surface level on the Firm side||Yes|
|Trial Period||120 nights||180 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes (only in 11.5”)|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S. and Canada||Ships to the United States with free White Glove Delivery in contiguous U.S.|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Layla Price (w/o discount)||Saatva Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$2,276|
Shipping and Returns
To the contiguous United States, Layla’s mattress is shipped for free Shipment to Alaska and Hawaii costs $125, while delivery to Canada costs $225. The delivery of mattresses is organized by FedEx Ground, and it normally takes five business days to reach its intended destination.
Layla’s 120-night sleep trial begins on the date of purchase and runs through the end of the trial period. You’ll need to sleep on the Layla for at least 14 nights before you can begin the return process. To begin the return procedure, you’ll need to contact Layla’s customer service department. Layla will take care of the pick-up, donate the bed to a charity, and give you your money back.
Layla offers a limited Lifetime warranty on their mattresses if you keep them. More than 1″ of indentations, loss of mattress height or shape, foam splitting or cracking, and seams split are covered by the warranty. Customers may be responsible for up to $50 in shipping costs if Layla decides to replace or repair their mattress.
Delivery to the contiguous United States is free of charge for Saatva’s customers. Saatva can ship to Alaska and Hawaii through a freight forwarder. A 90-day delivery window is standard for all Saatva mattresses, however most purchases arrive within 21 business days.
Because Saatva doesn’t transport its beds as a “bed-in-a-box” mattress, the mattress will arrive full-size and a delivery team will install it in the room of your choice when the mattress is delivered to you. The white glove service includes the removal of old mattresses.
Those who purchase the Saatva Classic will get a 180-night home trial. Your mattress can be returned to Saatva at any time during your sleep trial. Refunds for Saatva products will be issued less a $99 transportation fee to cover gas and labor costs associated with the pickup.
A 15-year warranty is included in the purchase price of the bed. Saatva will replace your mattress for free throughout the first two years of the warranty. Saatva will repair and re-cover your mattress for a $99 transportation fee each time you bring it in for service from years three to 15.
Should I Buy Layla or Saatva?
There is a great deal to think about. Finally, here are a few more details to assist you make a final decision.
We Would Recommend Buying Layla if You are Looking for:
- Motion isolation. Layla’s deep hugging memory foam inhibits motion, allowing you to keep sleeping even if you can feel your partner’s every movement.
- Dual-sided firmness. Customers can choose between a Soft or a Firm handshake when they place their order. To get a more relaxed fit, simply turn one over to the other.
- Deep pressure relief. It is hoped that the use of a memory bed can alleviate stress and keep pressure points from forming. If you prefer to sleep on your side, you’ll appreciate the softness of the mattress.
We Would Recommend Buying Saatva if You are Looking for:
- A luxury mattress. As many as 14.5 inches of quality (luxury) material is provided to consumers by Saatva. When compared to similar products from other companies, this one appears to be an excellent value.
- Bounce. Repositioning sleepers can be made easier by using bouncing as a form of intercourse with your partner.
- Multiple firmness options. Firm, Luxury Firm, or Plush Soft are the available options for this product. These possibilities range from a full-body hug to a simple cradle.
So, if you had to choose, which bed would you choose? Layla’s memory foam may have been at blame. Saatva’s opulence, on the other hand, may be more to your taste.
Layla and Saatva’s in-depth reviews should be read before placing anything in your virtual shopping cart.