Beyond Down Gel Fiber Side Sleeper Pillow is one of the best pillows for side sleepers. In this article, you will learn more about this pillow by Sleep Better and why it is worth buying.
Side sleeping is one of the most favored sleeping positions. In fact, it is estimated that about 41% of the population prefer this sleeping position.
When sleeping on your side, the airways are left open, the food pipe is slightly elevated, and the head and neck are left in line. Therefore, this position prevents sleep apnea, snoring, and acid reflux.
The main disadvantage of this position is facial wrinkling. This happens because one side of your face is lying on the pillow.
Still, the cons of side sleeping cannot be compared to those of back and stomach sleeping which include snoring and back pain.[amazon box=”B000JCIGE6″ grid=”1″]
Why side sleepers need pillows
Pillows have an impact on the quality of sleep. They are vital for spinal alignment during sleep. For that reason alone, it is clear a pillow is essential if you are a side sleeper.
When you sleep without a pillow, the weight of your head slightly pulls your neck downwards. Therefore, the neck misaligns with the rest of the spine. The effect of this misalignment is neck pain.
If you are a side sleeper, you need not just any pillow. You need a pillow as thick as the neck-to-shoulder distance. Good pillows for side sleepers include cervical pillows and contour memory foam pillows.
What to look for in a side sleeper pillow
There are three main things to look for in the ideal side sleeper pillow:
- This refers to the thickness of the pillow. The thickness should be enough to keep your neck aligned to the rest of the spine.
- The pillow should be firm enough so that the fill does not collapse under the weight of your head and neck, which causes the neck to bend downwards.
- All pillows should feel comfortable and soft to allow easy turning during sleep.
Beyond Down Gel Fiber Side Sleeper Pillow
Beyond Down Gel Fiber Side Sleeper Pillow is a memory foam pillow specially designed for side sleepers. It is made by SleepBetter, a Carpenter Co. subsidiary. Carpenter Co. is a leading manufacturer of polyurethane foam and polyester fiber used in the bedding industry. SleepBetter manufactures state of the art products. A good example that same kind of benefits is SLEEPBETTER ISO-COOL MEMORY FOAM PILLOW
What are the key features of the Beyond Gel Fiber Side Sleeper Pillow
- 300 thread-count 100% cotton cover – has a good feel and provides comfort during sleep.
- Double gusset edge-stitching – makes the pillow firm.
- Gel fiber – the pillow is filled up with ultra-soft micro gel fiber that is as comfortable as it sounds.
- Machine washable
- Has a fully hypoallergenic pillow cover and does not attract dust mite.
- Available in three sizes – standard, king, and queen.
- Made in the USA.
The benefits of Beyond Down Gel Fiber Pillow
Being a good pillow, this gel fiber pillow molds to your body and creates a supportive frame for your neck and head such that your spine remains aligned throughout the night. The other benefits this Beyond Down pillow include:
The pillow has ultra-soft gel fibers. These fibers are flexible enough to shift and consequently shape to your neck. The result is extra comfort on the side of your head and neck as you sleep.
The soft texture of the gel fibers inside the pillow allows you to twist and turn as much as needed during sleep easily.
Excellent Pillow cover
The pillow cover is 100% cotton and has a 300 thread-count. Unlike most covers, this one is fully hypoallergenic and does not attract dust mite. This feature makes this pillow healthy for people with dust related allergies.
The small gel fibers in the pillow allow air to move freely through the pillow. The air flow in the pillow has two advantages:
- It discourages the buildup of body heat inside the pillow, thereby promoting a pleasant sleeping experience.
- It discourages moisture buildup inside the pillow. Moisture promotes the growth of bacteria. Therefore, the pillow promotes a clean and healthy sleeping environment.
The pillow comes in three sizes:
- Standard size – 22” × 16” × 5”
- Queen size – 20” × 30” × 5”
- King size – 31.5” × 15.5” × 5”
The large size of the pillow makes it an excellent body pillow. It provides excellent support for the head and neck, for side sleepers.
If you decide to sleep on your back, you can wrap your body around the pillow for perfect positioning of the spine.
4.5” Gusset side stitching
This gel pillow has a firm 4.5” gusset side stitching. The stitching is evenly spaced around all four sides. It creates a solid frame that does not warp or collapse due to the weight of your body.
The firmness of the pillow allows ample space between the mattress and your head. The space is vital in keeping your head and neck in a good position to avoid muscle strain and neck pain.
If you know anything about pillows, then you are aware that most of them cannot be washed in a machine. But, the Beyond Down Gel Pillow can easily be machine washed. It is also dryer friendly. The manufacturer suggests low tumble dry.
The machine wash-ability feature allows you to keep the pillow clean all the time.
- Good neck and head support
- Machine washable and dryer friendly
- Hypoallergenic – suitable for individuals with allergies
- Prevents moisture and heat buildup
- Specially designed for side sleeping
The fiber can flatten out sooner than expected. This pillow is made of small fibers. Over time these fibers will separate causing the pillow to flatten out. Therefore, this pillow might require re-fluffing and reshaping.
Who is the Beyond Down Gel Pillow for?
This gel pillow is specially designed for side sleepers. You should buy it if you are looking to relieve back and neck pain caused by lack of a pillow or use of an inconvenient pillow. The pillow is recommended for all adults and children old enough to use pillows.
The Beyond Down Gel Fiber Side Sleeper Pillow is a good pillow for side sleepers. It has all the features to keep your head and neck in the perfect position to prevent neck pain and discomfort during sleep. It has additional features such as machine wash-ability and air flow that make it promote a clean and healthy sleeping environment. The point is that it is worth the money.