What are buckwheat pillows?
- ✅ SUPERIOR SUPPORT ComfyComfy buckwheat pillows provide superior support of your body for restful sleep. Once you form the hulls into the correct position for your body, your head and neck will be kept in an ergonomic position.
- ✅ CUSTOMIZABLE TO FIT YOUR BODY. Our pillows will mold and arrange to perfectly fit your unique body. An invisible zipper allows buckwheat hulls to be removed for a looser pillow, or added for a firmer pillow.
- ✅ BREATHABLE FOR COOL SLEEPING The 3D structure of buckwheat hulls do not compact and allows air to flow throughout the pillow. Air flow will help keep your head cool on warm nights and dispel any moisture from your head and pillow.
- ✅ MADE IN THE USA The buckwheat hulls in all ComfyComfy pillows are grown in the USA, and are air cleaned. Made with durable organic cotton twill grown and woven in the USA. Handmade in the USA by a family business - International shipping available
- ✅ STANDARD SIZE PILLOW Measures 20" x 26." Filled with 8 lbs USA-grown buckwheat hulls, plus 2 lbs extra to customize your pillow.
Buckwheat pillows are pillows filled with the hulls of buckwheat. These hulls are the protective shell buckwheat seeds from harsh weather. The advantages of buckwheat pillows include:
- Durability – can last up to 10 years.
- Provides excellent support for the head and neck.
- Because buckwheat is hypoallergenic, these pillows are safe for people with allergies, including asthma.
- 100% natural and organic.
- Since buckwheat hulls do not break down easily, these pillows do not collapse under the weight of the head.
- Buckwheat hulls allow air to move freely within the pillow.
What is the ComfySleep Buckwheat Pillow?
The ComfySleep Buckwheat Pillow is a rectangular pillow designed to provide ample support to the head neck, regardless of the preferred sleeping position of the user. It is manufactured by ComfyComfy – a company dedicated to helping you find good sleep through well-designed natural pillows.
Key features of the ComfySleep Buckwheat Pillow
- Filled with American-grown buckwheat hulls that are cleaned without fumigants and chemicals.
- 100% organic cotton cover.
- Zipper opening that allows removal or addition of buckwheat hulls.
- Comes with a 1lb pack of extra buckwheat hulls.
- Available in different sizes.
Benefits of using the ComfySleep Buckwheat Pillow
Buckwheat pillows are suitable for anyone who is looking for more comfortable support for the head and neck when sleeping. The ComfySleep Buckwheat Pillow is exceptional for the following reasons:
Based on Japanese sleeping technology
Japan is a nation famous for its advancements in natural remedies. The country started using buckwheat in pillows over 6 centuries ago. They discovered that, unlike grain wheat husks, buckwheat hulls do not break down quickly. Buckwheat pillows are still in use in Japan. They have become popular in most parts of the world because they offer relief to muscle soreness and neck pain for side sleepers.
Handmade in the USA
The company behind this pillow, ComfyComfy, is an American company that makes a wide range of good pillows. The ComfySleep Buckwheat Pillow is made by hand to ensure proper construction.
Excellent support for the head and neck
The standard size of this pillow is enough to give excellent support to the head and neck. The pillow does not compress. It molds around your head and neck area, thereby providing comfort and excellent support.
The design of this pillow allows you to adjust it to the firmness and thickness that suits your needs. On one side, it has a hidden zipper that enables you access to the buckwheat chamber. Through the zipper, you can add or remove the buckwheat hulls to achieve the required firmness and thickness. Side sleepers benefit from a thick pillow while stomach and back sleepers prefer a thin pillow.
That you can adjust the thickness of this pillow makes it suitable for all sleeping positions.
Washable 100% pillow cover
This buckwheat pillow has a removable 100% cotton cover. The softness of the fabric increases the comfort of the pillow. The cover is washable in a washing machine.
The pillow itself is not washable. Water ruins buckwheat hulls. So, to prevent the pillow from getting dirty always use the pillow cover.
Should the pillow get wet, dry the buckwheat hulls in the sun as soon as possible.
The fabric of the cover of the pillow is organic cotton twill, a material that is hypoallergenic. The pillow is odorless since the buckwheat husks are subjected to rigorous washing without fumigants and chemicals. Also, as the hulls breakdown, they do not produce dust. All these factors make the pillow safe for people with allergies.
The pillow is filled with micro-sized buckwheat hulls. The small size of the filling material allows air to travel through the pillow freely. The excellent airflow prevents moisture buildup and allows heat from the body to escape. In other words, this pillow promotes a conducive sleeping environment.
Available in different sizes
This buckwheat pillow is available in five different sizes.
- Traditional – 14” × 21” × 3.5”. Suitable for children and when traveling.
- Classic – 14” × 23” × 3.5”. Suitable for smaller adults.
- Classic Plus – 14” × 26” × 4.5”. An excellent choice for side sleepers in need of additional neck and head support.
- Standard – 20” × 26” × 4.5”. Suitable for taller, broad-shouldered people and side sleepers.
- Queen – 20” × 30” × 4.5”. Excellent for side sleepers, and broad-shouldered and tall people.
The traditional, classic, and classic plus sizes come with a 1lb pack of extra hulls. The pack of extra hulls for the standard and queen size pillows is 2lbs.
Buckwheat hulls do not break down quickly. Therefore, buckwheat pillows are very durable. In fact, these pillows can last up to 10 years. Very few pillows have a lifespan of more than 3 years.
- Provides ample support to the neck and head.
- Made in the USA
- Comes with a pack of extra hulls
- Washable cotton cover
- The pillow weighs 6lbs.
- Can form pockets and clumps. In the small thickness situation, the buckwheat hulls separate due to their small size.
- As the hulls move against each other, they make a little noise. However, users say that after 2 or 3 days they get used to the sound.
Who is the ComfySleep Buckwheat Pillow for?
The thickness of this pillow can be adjustable. Therefore, it is convenient for all sleeping positions. The large sizes are an excellent choice for side sleepers.
On one glance the ComfySleep Buckwheat Pillow resembles any other rectangular traditional pillow. But, in reality, it is a firm pillow with lots of advantages. The fact that it is suitable for all sleeping positions makes it more bang for the buck.