Do you prefer to sleep on a mattress made of all-foam or an innerspring?
Saatva’s double-sided, all-foam latex mattress Zenhaven and its innerspring with two coil systems are both compared in our Zenhaven vs. Saatva comparison. Both brands are committed to client satisfaction and a reasonable price point for high-end products.
Using this information, you’ll be able to choose which mattress is right for you. To read more about each bed, click through to our in-depth reviews:
Quick Comparison: Zenhaven vs. Saatva
- Retains less heat.
- Dual sturdiness.
- A hypoallergenic mattress is recommended.
- An old-fashioned springy sensation.
- Luxury at a price that won’t break the bank.
- Construction of the highest caliber.
- The same manufacturer.
- A business concept based solely online.
- It’s a great value for money.
- Trial and return policies are the same.
- Customer service was excellent.
- Options for firmness are available for both.
- Zenhaven is a latex mattress, while Saatva is an innerspring mattress.
- The materials used by Zenhaven are of a higher quality.
- There is higher bounce/resilience in Zenhaven.
- Only Zenhaven’s 100% green materials are used by Saatva.
- Over time, Zenhaven is likely to become more durable.
- Zenhaven is significantly heavier than the original.
Reasons Someone Might Want To Pick Zenhaven
- All-Natural– Zenhaven, on the other hand, is made entirely of natural materials. Zenhaven is the best option for those who want to go completely green. One of the best latex mattresses we’ve ever had the pleasure of using.
- Someone Wants Their Mattress For A Long Time– Zenhaven’s latex is far more durable than Saatva’s polyester. If a person intends to keep their mattress for a lengthy period of time, this could be a consideration.
- Someone Want Extra Bounce/Resilience– The latex in Zenhaven provides an additional level of bounce/resilience above Saatva. In other words, the mattress responds promptly to the movement of its occupants.
Reasons Someone Might Want To Pick Saatva
- Save Money– Compared to the Zenhaven, the Saatva is significantly less expensive because of the high cost of materials. If you’re on a tight budget or don’t plan on keeping your mattress for long, Saatva might be the best option.
- Someone Who Prefers The Traditional Innerspring Feel– There are some people who prefer Saatva to Zenhaven because of their familiarity with innerspring beds.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This Talalay latex double-sided product does not come rolled up for shipping. For the sake of consistency, we’ll discuss construction with the Gentle Firm side up and Luxury Plush side down.
This 10-inch mattress has a 1-inch cover made of a blend of cotton and New Zealand woo that is supposed to help regulate the temperature.
- For a more gentle firmness, the top layer has a 1.5-inch Natural Latex Gentle Firm Comfort Layer. There ought to be a firm but delicate hold on this. To help with airflow, the material has been punctured with pinholes.
- A 3-inch Natural Latex Firm Base Layer is found in the second layer. The firmness of this material should enhance the mattress’s supporting properties. As a result of flipping the mattress, the bed is given a more stable foundation.
- 3-inch Natural Latex Plush Base Layer material is used in the third layer, which should feel softer than the material above it. When the mattress is being used at a Luxury Plush setting, this material contributes to that feel.
- Plushness can be achieved by using a 1.5-inch Natural Latex Luxury Plush Comfort Layer as the top layer of the mattress. Shoulder and hip support can be provided by the firmer parts of this material. Pinholes in the textile help to circulate air.
In addition to shaking up the internet industry, this innerspring ships without being compressed.
14.5-inch and 11.5-inch options are available for this mattress’ height. Please see the differences between these two models in this section for more information. An antibacterial GuardinR treatment has been applied to the 3-inch cover.
- The first layer has a lumbar support system. In the middle of the mattress, you’ll find a layer of memory foam.
- The second layer is comprised of coils that are individually coiled to ensure responsiveness and minimize motion transfer. A mattress with a pocketed construction should be able to enable air to circulate between the coils when they compress or push back depending on the weight of the user.
- It’s a steel coil basis for the final layer. The mattress and the sleeper rest on a foundation of tempered recycled steel.
- Reinforced foam is used around the perimeter to ensure the best possible edge support.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
In both cases, customers can choose from a wide range of comfort features to fit their own needs. Each model has been assigned a score on a 1-10 scale based on how comfortable it is. On this scale, 1 represents the softest touch, while 10 represents the firmest touch.
Gentle Firm is rated a 7 out of 10 by Zenhaven, which is firm enough for most customers. It’s rated 4.5, which is medium to medium-soft, so you should expect it to be comfortable. Though stomach and back sleepers may prefer something a little softer, these ratings should satisfy stomach and back sleepers who want a stronger comfort level.
As customers settle into the bed, they should feel a subtle sense of pressure alleviation and a gentle sense of temperature regulation.
A medium to medium-firm 6.5 represents Saatva’s Luxury Firm model. It is possible to have a firm or plush level of comfort from this business. While stomach and back sleepers will likely prefer the Plush Soft choice, side sleepers can try out the different textures to find the one that feels most comfortable to them.
The pillow top of this bed should be soft and welcoming. The coils underneath should create a sense of solid support.
The Saatva’s lumbar materials reshape more slowly than the rest of the bed’s materials, but both contain fast-responding elements. Both mattresses should be suitable for those who sleep in a variety of positions during the night.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
When the Zenhaven is set on Luxury Plush, customers may expect a substantial hug from the product, but the springy latex should keep them from having any difficulty moving it. A gentle cradle should be provided by the Gentle Firm.
Ideally, Saatva will act as a cradle, keeping you closer to the mattress’s top while you sleep. Repositioning will be easier because to the product’s dual coil system’s minimal bounce.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Both beds are likely to experience some degree of motion transmission. However, individuals who like more motion control may choose to consider Zenhaven as the latex material should absorb more energy than the coils of Saatva.
Comparing Edge Support
Edge support of the Zenhaven should be above average when compared to other all-foam mattresses in the same price range. As a result of the reinforced foam and coils, Saatva’s edge support is expected to be extraordinary. Saatva may be a better option for those who are looking for a more robust edge support system.
Zenhaven vs. Saatva Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||New Zealand wool and cotton||Cotton Euro Pillowtop, blended foam|
|Materials||Talalay latex||Steel and pocket coils, memory foam|
|Cooling||Pinholes in latex, wool||Coils|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||20 years||15 years|
|Trial Period||180 nights||180 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes (11.5” version only)|
|Shipping||Free White Glove delivery service available to the continental United States and parts of Canada||Ships to the United States, free White Glove delivery service in contiguous U.S.|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)||Saatva Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$2,276|
Should I Buy Zenhaven or Saatva?
Not sure if the innerspring or the all-foam mattress is best for you? These suggestions may help you narrow down your search for a bed that meets your needs.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Dual-sided comfort. On either side of the mattress, this device offers two distinct levels of comfort. If you prefer a firmer mattress, you can simply flip the bed over.
- Varying sinkage levels. When sleeping on the Plush side, you should sink deeply into the mattress, resulting in a pressure-relieving hug. Flip the mattress over to the Firm side if you’d like sleep on it rather than in it.
- Zoned support. Designed to provide both support and pressure relief, this mattress features zoned comfort materials.
We Would Recommend Buying Saatva if You are Looking for:
- Multiple comfort options. Customers can choose between Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm models to get the right level of comfort for them.
- A gentle cradle. When purchasing a mattress, it is best to float on top of the bed due to its little sinkage, which results in an almost weightless sensation.
- Enhanced support. Solid support throughout the entire sleeping surface should be provided by two coil systems and reinforced edges.
Then, which mattress is best for you? No, I prefer the Zenhaven’s deep embrace and double-sided nature. A strong foundation and a reassuring hug from the Saatva?
Check out our in-depth reviews for each model if you need more information. Check out our top 12 beds for 2021 as well.