Compare the marketing approaches of two different mattress manufacturers in our Nectar vs. Helix Mattress comparison. When it comes to mattresses, one of these companies offers 15 options, but the other thinks their one option is plenty.
Using a quiz, Helix Sleep helps their customers select the best hybrid mattress for them from a wide range of excellent options. Customer preferences and body type are taken into consideration in the questionnaire, which narrows down the possibilities available.
There is a strong online following for Nectar’s upgraded memory foam construction It has since become one of the most well-known brands in the industry of bed-in-a-box. If you’re looking for a custom-made bed, you may want to look elsewhere.
Check out the detailed product reviews if you’re interested in learning more about either of these items.
- Responsiveness: You may rest assured that both the Helix and Nectar mattresses are capable of keeping up with your body’s motion.
- Firmness Level: Medium to medium-firm firmness is good for the average sleeper in this comparison of mattresses.
- Construction: The Helix Midnight and Midnight Luxe are hybrid mattresses with coil support layers, while the Nectar and Nectar Lush are memory foam mattresses.
- Temperature: Since the coils in Helix mattresses are more permeable and the mattress cover is made of temperature-regulating materials, it sleeps significantly cooler than Nectar mattresses.
- Warranty: As long as you are the original owner of the mattress, Nectar mattresses are covered for faults. Their “lifetime warranty” is what they refer to it as. Between 10 and 15 years are included in the Helix mattress’s warranties. For more details, see our page on the Nectar Mattress warranty.
- Sleep Trial: In comparison to Nectar’s extensive 365-day trial period, Helix only provides you 100 nights to try out your new mattress.
Helix Midnight Review Highlights
- Popular Choice: Sleeping in any position and with every body shape is a breeze with the Helix Midnight mattress. Cushioning and pressure relief for side and stomach sleepers are provided by the foam layers and support for back sleepers by coil layers.
- Motion Transfer: Motion transmission was virtually excellent for the Midnight. With their eyes closed, our test subjects could not see another subject getting on or off the bed. For couples, this is a must-have feature, especially if one of you is a light sleeper.
- Breathable: As a result, the Helix Midnight earned top marks for both breathability and cooling, thanks to the mattress’s cover and coil layer, which both allow warm air to leave.
- Edge Support: Stretching out on your bed is something you enjoy doing. This is great news for anyone looking for good edge support, because the Midnight has a lot of it. It was easy for our reviewers to sit or lay comfortably along the edge of the bed while conducting their tests.
Nectar Original Review Highlights
- Pressure Relief: Side sleepers and people suffering from joint pain can benefit greatly from the Nectar Original mattress, which received good marks for pressure alleviation.
- Motion Transfer: Red wine and blindfolds are part of our motion transfer test, but don’t be alarmed—far it’s more gentle than you might expect! A tumbler of red wine remained almost perfectly still when the mattress was jolted by our blindfolded testers.
- Edge Support: A near-perfect rating was given to the mattress’s edge support. Sleeping on the Nectar will be comfortable if you prefer to stretch out or sleep close to the bed’s edge.
- Responsiveness: The Nectar Original can keep up with you no matter how often you wiggle your toes at night. You won’t get caught in the mattress since the mattress’s unique memory foam layers don’t retain impressions like ordinary memory foam.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
A vacuum-sealed Nectar mattress is delivered to your home by a delivery company. Gel memory foam is encased in a poly-blend fabric cover.
Because of the open weave, air can freely flow through the fabric, allowing heat and perspiration to be wicked away from your body while you relax. The 12 inches of foam beneath this cover are well protected by this cover.
- 3-inch memory foam covers the entire top layer. The gel in this material disperses the surface temperature away from your body as your body heat passes to the bed. This material conforms to your body like a second skin, reducing pressure points and strain points.
- In the middle, there is a soft, traditional foam. This layer, which is 2-inches thick, helps you move into the thicker base of the bed more easily.
- The 7-inch-tall bottom layer is comprised of regular common foam and serves as a sturdy foundation.
The Helix Dusk, the most adaptable model in the Helix line, will be the focus of this study due to the wide variety of configurations available. This mattress has a latex alternative and a coil support system in a hybrid design. Customers receive it compacted in a box when it arrives at their doorsteps.
This bed features a Two Touch Pattern cover with a double-layered design. Polyester is used for the top layer, while a Jersey knit with an incorporated fire barrier is used for the bottom layer.
It has a cover that is 12 inches high and is made up of four layers.
- 2-inch Helix Dynamic Foam fills the upper layer. Polyfoam has been added to the latex to create a material that responds like latex, but also helps to alleviate pressure points.
- The following layer is a 1-inch thick High-Grade Polyfoam. In order to provide additional pressure relief, this material is engineered to conform to the sleeper’s body shape.
- Eight-inch wrapped perimeter coils reinforce the third layer. With this design, motion transfer is minimized while the sleeper is supported.
- DurDense Foam, 1 inch thick, is used as the last layer. This protects the mattress and provides support for the coils that are situated above it.
Helix mattresses may have somewhat different materials and layering depending on the model customers choose, so it may be necessary to look at the mattress you are interested in.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Nectar has a hardness rating of 6.5 out of 10 on our 1 to 10 scale, with a 10 being the firmest. On the other hand, the Helix Dusk has a score of 6, however the various variants of these beds can range from 2 to 9.
For a wide range of body shapes and sleeping positions, Nectar’s firmness is ideal. Memory materials can be used to help sleepers drift off into a deep slumber. Repositioning sleepers will be able to easily move around on this all-foam mattress because it has little to no bounce but is still hard enough.
With the Helix, sleepers are softly supported by the mattress’s responsiveness. With the addition of latex-like materials and springs in every model, this is the more straightforward alternative for people who are making the switch from another brand of mattress. Nectar may still be a decent option because this memory foam is firm under pressure and provides a good surface for sleepers to push off of.
In general, both products should work well for sleepers of various sizes and weight considerations, however for those who are substantially larger, Helix may be a better alternative because they provide a plus-size model.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
The amount of bounce that each of these items provides will vary. There should be no bounce in nectar yet it provides a pleasant pressure-relieving hug for sleepers. This bed is fairly easy to move around on, despite the fact that it has a sluggish surface.
There is more bounce in the Helix Dusk than there is in the Nectar, thanks to the springs, making it a more comfortable sleep option. On the other hand, the responsiveness will be reduced in the versions that use memory materials. Customers can expect varying levels of sinkage and bounce depending on the type they choose, but all remain comfortable and easy to move in.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Isolation, or lack thereof, is a common problem in hotel rooms where you can feel your partner’s every movement as they twirl and turn on their side of the bed. Nowadays, most mattress manufacturers have come up with a remedy to this bothersome problem.
The memory cells in Nectar are designed to absorb motion and prevent it from ever crossing the surface, making it a good choice for decreasing motion transfer. Helix does have coils, but they aren’t the old-fashioned kind. Individually pocketed and separated from one other, these coils help to keep movement in the same direction.
Nectar may have a tiny advantage in terms of motion transfer, but both beds are excellent choices.
Comparing Edge Support
If you’re sharing a bed, edge support is a nice feature to keep in mind. You and your companion will have more room to sleep if the mattress has strong borders that maximize the surface area. The sides can be unpleasant and unsupportive if the perimeter is weak.
With its reinforced perimeter coil system, Helix comes out on top.
When it comes to all-foam mattresses, Nectar doesn’t lag far behind. Both of these mattresses are perfectly supportive when you sit on the edge of them, however the Nectar is a little more compressible than the Casper.
Nectar vs. Helix Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Poly-blend quilted with memory foam||Polyester and Jersey knit, two covers|
|Materials||Gel memory foam and conventional foams||Dynamic Foam or memory foam plus, micro coils, high-grade polyfoam|
|Cooling||Gel within the foams, and a breathable cover||An optional cover has phase change material. Foams and coils designed for breathability.|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradling/Deeper Hug*|
|Trial Period||365 nights||100 Nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S., White Glove Delivery is optional||Delivered within USA and Canada|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||Nectar Price (w/o discount)||Helix Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Nectar or Helix?
Both beds are functional, despite their wildly different designs. To sum it up, here are a few more things to consider before making your final decision on which bed to purchase.
We Would Recommend Buying Nectar if You are Looking for:
- All memory foam. Memory foam offers a hugging sensation to customers of this brand.
- Top tier motion isolation. Memory materials utilized in this design keep motion to a minimum, allowing sleepers to be blissfully unaware when their companion gets up to use the bathroom while they’re in bed.
- A terrific value. The pricing of this product is so low that other brands have a hard time competing. In addition, they offer a 365-day trial period and a lifetime warranty.
We Would Recommend Buying Helix if You are Looking for:
- A tailored fit. In order to assist clients in finding the mattress that best suits their needs, Helix offers an online sleep quiz. In the event that a product fails to meet your needs, the company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Reinforced Edges. It’s not fun to sleep on the side of the bed, especially if the edges are flimsy and unstable. With its reinforced perimeter, the sides of this bed are just as supportive as the center.
- Cooling. The coil layers allow air to flow through the bed’s interior, while the foams are meant to keep the temperature consistent. The Luxe has an Ultra Breathable Cover for even more cooling capabilities.