When you have an aching neck, the pain may extend to the shoulders and lead to headaches, among other discomforts. When this happens, it becomes almost impossible to sleep well as you end up turning and tossing the whole night. To find relief, you need to use the best cervical pillow to help with the alleviation of the pain.
A right cervical pillow comes with other benefits that help to support the curves of the neck, head, shoulders, and spine. It provides you with a fuss-free night that will have you waking up without rubbing or holding a painful neck. In this article, we review some of the best cervical pillows in the market that come with orthopedic and chiropractic benefits.
What Is A Cervical Pillow?
Before we look at the list of our top picks, let us understand what a cervical pillow is. The word cervical comes from the Latin word Cervic. Cervic simply means the neck, which means that a cervical pillow relates to issues concerning the comfort of the neck. The neck is one of the most critical parts of the body as it connects the head and the body.
The connection also involves other parts of the body, such as the spine, muscles, veins, ligaments, veins, and arteries, among others. A cervical pillow helps to raise the head in a neutral position when sleeping on the side or back. It should align with the neck curve to provide optimal support and comfort.
Our Top Picks Nature’s Best Cervical Support Pillow
EPABO Contour Memory Foam Pillow
If you are looking for the perfect cervical pillow, consider purchasing the EPABO Contour Memory Foam Pillow for optimal support. The pillow comes with exceptional orthopedic benefits that help to relieve pain and provide you with a fuss-free night for quality sleep. The contour pillow has a composition of hypoallergenic memory foam that is breathable, and dust-resistant.
The ergonomic design of the pillow aligns your head, shoulder, and neck to provide support and eliminate discomfort. During the first two weeks of using the pillow, you may not experience enough comfort or relief for your pains. You can manipulate the pillow by adjusting it to find the most comfortable position.
The cover is also breathable, made with hypoallergenic polyester material that feels smooth and silky soft to the skin. All the materials that go into making the pillow are free from harmful chemicals. It comes with a 30-day satisfaction and money-back guarantee. The pillow comes in king and queen sizes.
- Provides relief for neck and shoulder pain
- Hypoallergenic memory foam filling
- Comes in two sizes
- Breathable material that allows free flow of air to keep you cool and fresh
- Smooth and silky soft cover that is easy to wash and maintain
- Dust resistant materials
- Pillow is free from harmful chemicals
- Comes with a 30-day satisfaction and money-back guarantee
- It takes time to get used to
Arc4life Cervical Neck Traction Pillow For Sleeping
Arc4life Cervical Neck Traction Pillow for sleeping keeps your head comfortable and neck support. The pillow comes with soft, polyester fiber filling composition with two levels that provide you with enough support and comfort. The first level is on the neck roll side, which focuses mainly on supporting the neck.
The other level is on the traction end of the pillow that concentrates primarily on stretching the neck to give it traction and relax the muscles to prevent stiffness while sleeping. Getting used to the pillow may take a while, especially for people with neck pain and cervical spine sensitivity. One of the reasons for this is because the neck muscles take time to adjust to stretching.
The period it takes to adjust to the pillow is, however, reasonable, and all you need to do is increase the number of hours you use it during the night. The pillow also helps to alleviate tingling, numbness, hernias, and arthritis, among others. It is also ideal for eliminating migraines and reversed curves that come with neck tension.
The chiropractors recommended pillow is suitable for both back and side sleepers and comes in King, Queen, and travel sizes.
- It has a composition of soft polyester fiber filling
- Comes with two levels that provide different support and comfort options
- Helps with traction and relaxation of neck and shoulder muscles
- Eases neck pain and tension
- Comes in three sizes
- Recommended by chiropractors
- Helps to relieve headaches, arthritis, hernias, tingling, and numbness
- Eases cervical spine sensitivity
- Ideal for side and stomach sleepers
- It takes a while to get used to
Milemont Memory Foam Cervical Pillow
Milemont Memory Foam Cervical Pillow is a soft but firm model that provides relief and support to give you a good night’s sleep. The high-quality memory foam material molds to the contours of the neck, shoulders, and head to improve the quality of your sleep. It comes with the perfect height and thickness that hold your neck to the right position allowing you to breathe more smoothly.
The pillow also comes with a curving line design that allows your head to stay in place without the pillow sinking in the middle. The cover of the pillow also helps to relieve pressure by providing breathable benefits that allow the smooth flow of air to keep you fresh throughout the night. The cover is easily removable, machine washable, and easy to maintain.
The health-friendly pillow is CertiPUR-US, ISPA, and OEKO-TEX certified. It is ideal for side sleepers and comes with a 10-year assurance guarantee from the manufacturer.
- Made from a high-quality memory foam material
- Soft but firm
- Helps to relieve shoulder pressure and pain
- Molds to the head, and spine to provide you with comfort while you sleep
- Comes with a breathable pillowcase that is easy to remove, wash, and maintain
- Certified by CertiPUR-US, ISPA, and OEKO-TEX
- Allows free flow of air to keep you cool and fresh
- Comes with a 10-year assurance guarantee
- Not too comfortable for stomach and back sleepers
- It takes some time to get used to
- Comes in only one size
Marnur Cervical Contour Memory Foam Orthopedic Pillow
Marnur Cervical Pillow is one of the most quality cervical pillows in the market today. The construction of the pillow is high-quality memory foam that conforms to your body perfectly. It takes a short time for the pillow to adjust to the shape of the head, providing you with all the comfort you need.
The pillow comes with slots for the head and neck that help with proper back alignment. On one end of the pillow, is a curved end that makes it ideal for side sleepers. The opposite end comes with a much lower curve, which makes it suitable for stomach sleepers. The different curvatures of the pillow make it ideal for all kinds of sleepers.
It also comes with armrests that make it unique and comfortable. The pillow helps to alleviate pains in the neck, shoulders, and back. It helps to eliminate headaches, snoring, and any other discomforts that keep you away from sleeping correctly.
It also comes with an easy to wash and maintain pillowcase made with 60% polyester and 40% bamboo fiber, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. The safety of the pillow is also a sure thing as it comes with CeriPUR-US certification.
- Made with high-quality memory foam construction
- Conforms to the body ideally helping to relieve neck and shoulder pains
- Comes with different curves that make it ideal for all kinds of sleepers
- It comes with armrests that make it more comfortable
- The pillowcase is a soft easy to wash and maintain cover made with polyester and bamboo
- CeriPUR-US certified
- It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Comes with a strong odor
- Only the pillowcase is washable
Mkicesky Memory Foam Neck Pillow
Mkicesky Memory Foam Neck Pillow has a unique shape and design that, besides looking attractive to the eye, it also provides you with support and comfort as you sleep. The orthopedic cervical pillow comes with cutaways that help to relieve tension on the lower neck area. The memory foam construction is firm and gives enough therapy with its butterfly shape that adapts to the body easily.
The neck area of the pillow has a roll area that helps to provide the neck curve optimal support. The foam also keeps its bounce no matter how many times you use the pillow. Besides neck relief, the pillow also helps your muscles to relax, and improve blood circulation.
It also helps to open airwaves to reduce snoring, providing you with more natural breathing for comfortable sleep that helps you to wake up feeling fresh. It comes with a pillowcase with zippers that is easy to remove, wash, and maintain. The pillowcase is hypoallergenic, breathable allowing you to enjoy a cool night with better sleep. The pillow is ideal for all types of sleeping positions. The pillow is free from any harmful and toxic chemicals.
- High-quality memory foam that conforms to the body easily
- Firm and sift ti help relieve shoulder and neck pains
- Comes with two curves with different heights to give you more options of choosing your best sleeping position
- Butterfly shape that conforms to the curves of the neck
- Hypoallergenic and breathable pillowcase
- Easy to remove, wash and maintain cover
- Ideal for all sleeping positions
- Opens up airways and reduces snoring for better breathing
- Free from toxic and harmful chemicals
- Comes in one standard size
- Some users found it to be too firm especially for the ears
EcoGreen Storage Chiropractic Pillow
One of the unique cervical pillow’s today is the EcoGreen Storage Chiropractic Pillow. It comes with a design that you do not see in many other cervical pillows. The pillow is more of a treatment device than a sleeping pillow, and you can only use it for a few minutes in a day.
The unique design of the pillow helps to soothe your neck, relieving tension from some of the most common issues, such as poor spine alignment, pinched nerves, and herniated discs. The pillow also helps to alleviate headaches associated with neck tension as well as jaw joint pains and compressed joints. The chiropractic traction pillow cradles the neck to remove pressure and head weight while at the same time correcting the spine alignment for comfortable sleep.
The pillow is lightweight, portable, and easy to use. It is durable, sturdy, and versatile. You can use it as you drive, travel on a plane or train, in the office, for a massage therapy, as you read your favorite book or watch TV on a seat or for meditation. It comes with a 100% satisfaction or money-back guarantee.
- It has a unique design that makes it more of a medical device than your ordinary sleeping pillow
- Provides versatility as you can use it for many purposes in different places
- Helps to align the neck and head for pain relief of the lower neck
- Helps to relieve other issues that include headaches, arthritis, eye strain, muscle spasms hernias, sports injuries and more
- Lightweight and portable
- Helps with spine alignment
- Comes with a 100% satisfaction and money-back guarantee
- Easy to use
- Durable and sturdy
- It is small
- Comes with a strong chemical odor
- Does not come with a pillow cover
Sunshine Pillows Chiropractic Neck Pillow
A chiropractic pillow comes in handy for the relief of a sore or military neck. One of the best chiropractic pillows that deliver the best support for the neck is the Sunshine Pillows Chiropractic Neck Pillow. The chiropractic pillow for cervical kyphosis, made with 100% polyester has, a supportive column filled with flaxseed that helps to support the stiff neck for comfort and relief from any discomforts and pain.
The design of the pillow also includes a narrow area that provides it with versatility as it fits between the headrest and neck of a plane or car seat. You can also use the pillow as you sleep, use a recliner seat, or as you work on your computer in the office. It comes with a zipper opening that allows you to adjust the filling material to suit your needs.
The pillow also comes with a chin rest that helps to keep your head from bobbling while you sleep or drive. It comes in different sizes to suit your size. It is lightweight and portable,
- Comes with a unique design and 100% polyester construction
- Supports the neck, head, and chin
- Comes with a narrow strip that fits on seats of the plane, car, chair and more
- Lightweight and ideal for traveling
- Adjustable features to suit your needs
- Comes in different sizes
- Helps to relieve neck pains, tensions, and headaches
- Some people find it too firm to provide the kind of comfort they need
Coisum Back Sleeper Cervical Pillow
If you have any neck or shoulder discomforts or pains, you need an excellent cervical pillow that gives you relief as well as enough support to provide you with a good night’s sleep. Coisum Back Sleeper Cervical Pillow is the best pillow after cervical fusion, as it allows for comfort and supports the neck, head, and shoulders. The bulk of the pillow comprises of memory foam that comes with the right bounce, firmness, and softness.
It comes in standard size with two different contour heights. One end of the pillow is higher than the other one giving you more options to choose your sleeping position. It also comes with a zippered cover made with 60% polyester and 40% bamboo.
The cover is soft, silky smooth, and breathable. It is also easy to remove, machine washable, and easy to maintain. It comes with CertiPUR-US certification and a 30-day money-back guarantee. The pillow also comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Made with high-quality memory foam that conforms to the body for enough support and relief from pain
- Ideal for back and side sleepers
- Comes with two heights that give you options to choose your best sleeping position
- Comes in a one fits all standard size
- The pillowcase, made from polyester and bamboo is soft, smooth and breathable
- The cover is easy to remove, wash, and maintain
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- CertiPUR-US certified
- Not ideal for stomach sleepers
- Comes in only one size
What To Look For In a Cervical Pillow
When you are shopping for the perfect cervical pillow, you need to find one that will provide you with comfort and enough support for the neck and head. You do not just buy the first pillow that comes with the tag neck pain pillow as the options are plenty, but you need to know about all the factors to consider before making your choice. This guideline will make it easier for you to understand what to look for in a cervical pillow.
Cervical pillows come with different material compositions. The stuffing materials help to provide enough comfort to the neck, head, shoulder, and back. One of the most popular filling materials used in cervical pillows is memory foam. You can opt between full memory foam and shredded memory foam.
Other materials that you may come across in cervical pillows include polyester and water-based pillows. You have to remember that unlike memory foam, you cannot compress a water-based pillow, which may be a problem for neck pain relief.
Another essential factor to consider when buying a cervical pillow is the shape. The best shapes for neck, head, and shoulder support are the contour ones as they conform to the shape of the body. A flat surface will not make a right resting place for the head, and it may lead to neck and shoulder pains.
A contoured cervical pillow, on the other hand, does an excellent job fills the space between the mattress and the neck to provide you with optimal support while you sleep or relax.
A cover may not seem like a significant factor, but it is if you want maximum comfort from your cervical pillow. Choose a pillow that comes with a soft and silky smooth material that will not irritate your skin as you sleep.
Also, choose a cover that you can remove easily for cleaning to maintain hygiene. Choose a cover that comes with breathable material to ensure that the airflow is smooth for a restful night.
You should also take into consideration your best sleeping position before buying the pillow. The best cervical pillows are suitable for side and back sleepers. However, if you have chronic pains and you sleep on your stomach, you should opt for a pillow that comes with all sleeping positions options. Choosing a pillow that does not compliment your sleeping position will only lead to more discomfort and pain.
Do not forget to research the different cervical pillows in the market to find out how much they cost. Some of the cervical pillows are expensive, while others are affordable. Do not go beyond your budget as you can get the right pillow with what you can afford. The value of the pillow depends on the size, brand, materials, and thickness.
If possible, look for a pillow that gives you the option of adjusting the firmness of the loft to suit your needs. A pillow with different levels of heights also comes in handy when looking for the best position to rest the head, shoulders, and neck.
Wrapping it up
Neck and shoulder pain is not a problem anyone can take lightly as it leads to many other issues, one of which is poor sleep and fatigue. The majority of the pillows in the market may not give you the support and relief you need to relieve neck pain and give it the support it needs.
It is for this reason that you need a cervical pillow specially made to support the neck, head, and shoulders. All the above pillows come with quality features that will bring a big difference to how you sleep and wake up feeling the following day.