Husband pillows, or back support pillows, have another name. Pillows that support your back are a typical sight in college dorms. Armrests can be added to backrest pillows, giving the impression that they are seats. These cushions are available in a wide range of sizes, shapes, colors, and materials.
Back support pillows are designed to help alleviate pressure on the spine and the neck. This cushion has been made specifically to reduce discomfort and soreness in the back. Back support pillows are great for lounging in bed with a book or watching television. If you suffer from back pain, sleeping with a backrest pillow may make your condition worse. Since it primarily provides comfort for your neck and back while sitting up in bed, the pillow isn’t designed for sleep.
Here are some of the best cushions for your back.
- Polyester Rest Pillow for Bed, Better Homes and Gardens
- The Lorna Pillow Case by Ebern Designs, with an Insert by Down Alternative Down Comforters
- The ZOEMO Bed Reading Pillow is Ideal for Restful Evenings in Bed
- Consolation For All Time Cushion for the Lower Back
- Backrest Bolster Wowmax Triangular Positioning Support Pillow shaped like a wedge
- Gray Large Back Support Reading Bed Rest Spouse Husband Pillow
- You can get a Better Homes and Gardens Polyester Bed Rest Pillow or an Alwyn Home Grasmere 24″ Backrest Pillow Cover and Insert.
- The Milliard Reading Pillow
- Comfortable Animal-Themed Reclining Backrest
- Pillow for the Lumbar Region, Extra Density, by Cushion Lab
1. Better Homes & Gardens Polyester Bed Rest Pillow
Better Homes and Gardens’ Bed Rest pillow features a polyester construction. The brushed two-tone finish is smooth and comfortable to the touch. This wall has a high back, which helps support your lumbar region, cervical spine, and head. If you need to sit up in bed, but don’t want to risk sagging shoulders, grab this pillow with arms on both sides. Although sherpa fabric is soft and comfortable to wear, it may be too hot to wear during the warmer months. The pillow can be used to sit on when in bed, on the floor, or in any other uncomfortable position. There is a handle on the pillow so you can transport it with ease. There are four distinct hues from which to pick in order to find the perfect complement to your bed linens and other bedroom accessories. This cushion isn’t great because the material doesn’t allow air to circulate, which can get hot. For about $25, you may get a Better Homes and Gardens Bed Rest Pillow.
2. Ebern Designs Lorna Pillow Cover & Insert
You may take off the cushion pad from the Ebern Designs Lorna Pillow Cover & Insert as it features a zipper. The pillow cover’s zipper allows for quick removal and laundering when necessary. The pillowcase can be washed in a washing machine, but only in cold water. The material can be dried in a dryer at a low temperature without shrinking. Because it’s filled with polyfill rather than feathers, the cover is soft and soothing on the skin and ideal for those with sensitive skin. This pillow from Ebern Designs is 17 by 20 by 18 inches in size. The four-pound pillow may be easily transported from one location to another thanks to its convenient carrying handle. The piped borders are comfortable and shouldn’t cause any skin irritation. The best part about this item is that the insert can be purchased separately and used to customize the product’s firmness. A potential downside is that there may not be enough filling to make it sufficiently firm, according to some customers. For $42.99, you can get the Lorna pillow cover and insert from Ebern Designs.
3. ZOEMO Bed Rest Reading Pillow
The material used in making the Zoemo Bed Rest Reading Pillow is cotton. A neck roll in the pillow provides comfort and support for your neck while you read in bed. Aside from the upper and lower back, the lumbar region, and the arms, the cushion provides ample support. The bed is the natural habitat for the pillow, but its firmness should allow it to serve you well on the floor or sofa as well. The velour cover and Pure Fabric stuffing make it possible to read or watch TV in bed in comfort. The dimensions of a Zoemo Bed Rest Reading Pillow are 26.5″ by 11.5″ by 33″. The structure is risk-free for all users, including young ones, expectant mothers, the elderly, and those with limited mobility. Pick from six different hues to find the perfect complement to your bedroom decor. The Zoemo pillow’s nearly six-pound weight is the one major downside. You can purchase a Zoemo Bed Rest Reading Pillow on Amazon for $89.99.
4. Everlasting Comfort Lumbar Support Pillow
For long-lasting back support at the office, try the memory foam Everlasting Comfort Lumbar Support Pillow. The cushion adjusts to your body heat and provides support where it’s needed. The soft and supportive pillow from Everlasting Comfort is perfect for those who need a place to rest their back. Even if you’re a chronic sitter, the tool can help you correct your posture. In order to give optimal support and comfort, the ergonomic design closely resembles the contours of the human back. The pillow features two straps that can be adjusted to fit any neck size. All 32-inch-wide back chairs can use this design. It may be used in any setting, from the office to the vehicle to the flight, thanks to its standard size. The surface is covered with a breathable mesh that works well even in hot weather. The cover is easily removable for a moderate cycle wash. Tumble drying the mesh cloth at low heat is safe to do. The Everlasting Comfort Lumbar Support Pillow doesn’t have the typical husband pillow design, which is a bit of a letdown. If you’re looking for a lumbar support pillow, check out the Everlasting Comfort model, which is listed on Amazon for $43.95.
5. Wowmax Bolster Triangular Positioning Support Backrest Wedge Pillow
The Wowmax Bolster is a triangular back support that can be used to help you get into the perfect position. This pillow’s wedge shape comes from its 100% domestic production. The goal of the Wowmax Bolster is to provide back support while you relax in bed with a book or a TV show. This can serve as an alternate headboard if needed. Twin, Full, Queen, King, and California King Wowmax Bolsters are available. Measurements of 39″, 59″, 71″, and 76″ are also available. The Wowmax Bolster is versatile enough to serve as a bunk bed backrest cushion, an RV or trailer headboard, or a child’s bumper pillow. The cover is easily removable and washable thanks to the zippered design. The Wowmax Bolster can be machine washed on a warm cycle without bleach. There are nine different cover colors to pick from, and they should all hold up well to many washings. The Wowmax Bolster’s cushion is filled with eco-friendly polyester fiberfill. It’s packed tightly with stuffing to keep its form stable and inviting. If you want to soften it up, you can always remove some of the stuffing. The Wowmax Bolster’s bulk is its primary disadvantage. It’s a cumbersome form factor that makes it hard to stow away. It costs $149.95 to purchase the Wowmax Bolster from Amazon.
6. Husband Pillow XXL Backrest with Arms
Backrests come in a variety of sizes, but the Husband Pillow XXL Backrest is among the largest. The pillow provides excellent lumbar and cervical spine support. Armrests built into the pillow make it comfortable to read or watch TV. The Husband Pillow has shredded memory foam inside and a micro plush cover to make it extra comfortable. The two together make it easy and comfortable to sit up in bed. If you need extra neck support, you can remove the roll from the Husband Pillow. You may store your phone, remote, and other small items in the convenient built-in side pocket. Your reading glasses, magazine, or book may all fit in the convenient back pocket. The Husband Pillow’s removable stuffing is accessible via a zipper on the pillow’s inside shell. If you want the backrest to be softer, you can remove part of the fillings. Extra foam for stuffing the Husband Pillow can be shipped to you if you require it. There’s a handy carry handle on the top for transporting the pillow. There are 35 different hues available for the Husband Pillow’s backrest. This item has measurements of 8.50″ x 15.50″ x 31.50″. The shredded memory foam could be bumpy, however. To remedy this, simply give the cushion a good shake. You can get the Husband Pillow XXL Backrest from Amazon for for $79.95.
7. Alwyn Home Grasmere 24″ Backrest Pillow Cover & Insert
The polyester cover of the Alwyn Home Grasmere 24′′ Backrest Pillow Cover & Insert is reminiscent of velour, and it encases a memory foam fill. There are ten different color options available to ensure a perfect fit with your bedroom decor. The zippered cover may be easily removed to reveal the stuffing. If you need to wash the cover, just take it off. The cover is machine washable at a low temperature. Due to the potential for shrinkage, tumble drying is not advised. Tumble drying is not preferable, but if necessary, do it at a low temperature. The cushion from Alwyn Home comes with a detachable neck roll. The dimensions of the backrest are 24 by 18 by 16 inches. There is a 12-inch width to the armrest and an 11-inch depth to the interior. The product’s sole flaw is that it’s seven pounds heavy. The cover and insert for the Alwyn Home Grasmere 24′′ backrest pillow cost roughly $109.99.
8. Milliard Reading Pillow
You may adjust the height of the Milliard Reading Pillow, which serves as both a backrest and armrest, to suit your needs. You can use the pillow on your bed, couch, floor, or anyplace else you prefer to relax. The Milliard Reading Pillow’s removable foam insert allows you to find the perfect level of firmness for reading or watching TV in bed. You can adjust the firmness by adding or removing foam. The pillow’s filling is shredded memory foam, so it can contour to your head and neck. The pillow’s handy carry handle makes it simple to move it to a different spot in the house. The cover is machine-washable and available in a variety of colors, from grey to navy. The cover may shrink if washed and dried at too high of a temperature.
Those with acid reflux, a stuffy nose, or a warm atmosphere might all benefit from using the Milliard Reading Pillow. The CertiPUR standard has been met by the memory foam utilized. Both the cover and the stuffing are sold separately so that you can customize the size and feel of the backrest to your liking. A variety of sizes, from standard to extra-large to small, are offered for this pillow. There are replacement skins for your devices. The filling, unfortunately, is lumpy. You may buy a Milliard reading pillow on Amazon. Depending on size, the cost might be anything from $29 to $70.
9. Animal Adventure Backrest
Children aged 18 months and up can use the Animal Adventure Backrest. A 16-inch cube fits within the 14-by-26-inch pillow. The cushioned back provides pleasant support. One can store a book, phone, or other similar object in the spacious rear pocket of the Animal Adventure Backrest. Fun animal-themed themes such as dinosaurs, dogs, owls, and more are available to you. There are also cartoon characters like Clifford, Snoopy, and Curious George.
You can rest your upper and lower back comfortably on the padded backrest. Because of the convenient carry handle at the pillow’s top, it can be easily moved from place to place. In order to clean the polyester cover, all you need is a moist cloth. The stain-resistant fabric eliminates the need for frequent laundering. The only possible negative is that some of the animal models have a prominent nose. It might not be very comfy to lean on for certain kids. Depending on the style you select, the Animal Adventure Backrest can cost anywhere from $35 to $55. Amazon sells these, so go there if you’re interested.
10. Cushion Lab Extra Dense Lumbar Pillow
This extra-density lumbar pillow from Cushion Lab was conceptualized by a PT. The contouring design of the cushion is intended to provide relief from lower back pain. The pillow is ideal for people who spend their days sitting, such as truck drivers, office workers, and students. All three levels of your back—upper, middle, and lower—need to be well-supported for correct spinal alignment. Because of this, you should feel less pressure on your back when sitting. The HyperfoamTM in Cushion Lab’s pillow is a trademarked material. Supportive and dense, the unique memory foam is a game changer. The pillowcase is removable, so you may wash it and keep it fresh. The cover’s sturdy polyester rayon material should remain pristine. The pillow’s straps may be adjusted to ensure a secure fit no matter where you want to rest your head. The only complaint some folks have is that they are pushed too far forward by the pillow. If you’re looking for a firm lumbar support pillow, consider the $75 Cushion Lab Extra-Dense Lumbar Pillow on Amazon.
11. Milliard Reading Pillow
- The fact that the backrest pillow is available in three different sizes is a huge plus, especially if you need to buy one for a kid or want to stock up on pillows for the whole family.
- This backrest pillow has the comfortable warmth you want with its shredded memory foam interior and luxurious velour cover.
- You may adjust the level of firmness by adding or removing the shredded memory foam.
- The pillow is only available in a pale gray shade, which is neutral enough but might benefit from more color options for greater room or bedding coordination.
12. Springcoo Reading Pillow
- The soft neck roll pillow that comes with the cushion may be detached or attached at varying heights, which is convenient when the pillow will be used by more than one person or when it will be utilized as lumbar support rather than a neck pillow.
- A convenient place to stow a phone or remote control is on each of the pillow’s arm pockets.
- The shredded memory foam inside is very hard, which is perfect for correcting poor posture and relieving back discomfort.
- The neck roll pillow may not give optimal support if the height isn’t adjusted to suit your needs because it attaches to fixed points on the main backrest pillow.
13. Brentwood Home Therapeutic Foam Wedge Pillow
- To accommodate people with latex allergies while yet providing solid support, the wedge backrest pillow is crafted from CertiPUR-US certified foam.
- The removable and washable cover of this pillow is made from soft, natural bamboo fiber.
- The cushion can be used for sitting up in bed, but it also works great for watching TV while lying on the floor by elevating your legs or propping up your back and head.
- Pillows are available in three different heights (seven, ten, and twelve inches) to provide the most appropriate level of support.
What to Consider When Buying a Backrest Pillow
The following are things to think about when looking for a backrest pillow.
- Predictable upkeep
How We Picked the Best Backrest Pillows
It’s excellent that there are different options for backrest pillows. The market for backrest pillows reflects the fact that individuals have varying requirements when it comes to propped-up bed comfort. We looked for the following qualities in the finest backrest pillows:
- Controlling the level of hardness is just one of the ways in which a backrest pillow may be tailored to the user’s specific needs. We gave extra consideration to pillows with removable or replaceable inserts of shredded memory foam to adjust the level of firmness.
- Some of these backrest pillows even have built-in supports for the neck, lower back, and even the arms! Extra padding is always welcome on a pillow, and it’s even better when it’s removable or adjustable.
- While it may seem trivial, being able to choose a pillow color for the backrest is helpful for harmonizing the chair with the rest of your decor. We appreciated the aesthetic customization possibilities available with the pillows.
Tips on Selecting the Right Backrest Pillow
There is a backrest pillow for every need; whether it’s for reading in bed, settling in for a movie, or needing some extra lumbar support while gaming, you’ll find what you’re looking for. But individual tastes and requirements mean that no two people will ever choose the same cushion. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for a backrest pillow:
- Selecting a backrest pillow requires consideration of both size and height. A backrest pillow should be large enough to support your full back, therefore it’s important to take measurements of both the height of the space it will sit in and the height of the cushion itself.
- Is It Its Own Surface? : Most people who use backrest pillows do so in conjunction with a bed, sofa, or other furniture, or by propping it up against a wall. Check the weight of the pillows you’re contemplating if you want a backrest pillow that can stand on its own as a piece of furniture. If you’re looking for a cushion that can stand alone, one with a substantial weight or a bottom grip option may be the best bet.
How to Clean a Backrest Pillow
Backrest pillows typically have coverings that can be removed and washed in a machine for simple maintenance. In order to properly maintain your new purchase, you should consult the manufacturer’s care instructions first, as different materials require different procedures. Knowing how to properly clean backrest pillows extends its useful life. To avoid doing any permanent damage to the cloth, use a light detergent. Avoid using bleach since it will damage most surfaces. The use of warm water for washing is recommended, while low heat for drying is suggested.
Comment on how well you think this post is written.