Online-only mattress Casper is now the most well-known online-only mattress in the business. Since 2009, Novosbed has quietly created a successful business that has been gaining momentum over the past few years.
People are naturally curious in how the two mattresses stack up against each other. Some folks may like the Novosbed, while others may prefer the Casper. Check out our Novosbed vs Casper mattress comparison results below!
It is vital to keep in mind that preferences are largely based on a few aspects, which determine which one is best suited to your own circumstances. Regardless of which one you choose, you’ll be making a wise decision.
Novosbed vs. Casper: Top Similarities
- Basically the same company model/value propositions.
- Foam fills both.
- A box is used for both shipment and delivery (with free shipping).
- Both products are made with high-quality components.
- In both cases, the customer service is excellent and the return procedures are amiable.
Novosbed vs. Casper: Key Differences
- Casper is a latex and memory foam mattress, while Novosbed is a memory foam mattress.
- For those who want a more laid-back sleep, Casper is the better option.
- Since Novosbed is constructed with sturdier materials, you may expect it to endure a little longer.
- Novosbed offers three firmness levels and a guarantee of optimal firmness.
- Casper only has one firmness option, but it offers a wide variety of models.
- It costs about $150 extra to buy a Novosbed than a regular mattress.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Casper is delivered to your home in a box that is easy to take to your room and set up. It is made of all-foam and measures 11 inches in height.
The sturdy polyester cover, which was developed for use in 2020, may be removed for quick and easy spot cleaning.
- Comfort foam with breathability and temperature regulation, as well as quick response for repositioning, is found on the top layer of the mattress.
- The Zoned SupportTM layer in the second layer moves from comfort system to base and is especially solid under your torso. The zoning aids in maintaining a neutral spine position.
- In order to maintain an uniform level of support from edge to edge, its base is built of solid poly foam.
This option is rolled and shipped in a box as well. It stands 11 inches tall and is constructed of four layers of foam.
It is encased in Tencel, a silky-smooth ecological cloth made from wood pulp.
- The company’s top layer is unique. Additional moisture protection is provided by the Core Cover’s Interlock BlueTM Interlocking System. This fabric is supple and does not obstruct the layers’ ability to interact.
- High-density foam in the second layer helps keep the surface from overheating, while the 2-inch foam conforms to your body’s shape.
- The third layer is a 2-inch piece of memory foam that is a little firmer and transitions to the foundation while still providing you with a deeper level of contouring.
- High-density premium support foam is used in the base layer, which is 7 inches tall and serves to straighten your spine as you sleep on it.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Casper and the Medium Novosbed are rated at roughly a 6 on our firmness scale, which falls squarely in the middle of the Medium-Firm category. Novosbed has a Soft and a Firm version of this sensation, so it works well for a wide range of body types in all three sleeping positions.
There is a slight bounce in the surface of Casper, which was designed to respond swiftly to pressure, and you should detect. In order to relieve pressure, the foams that are conforming to your shape should pop back into place when you roll over or change positions.
Novosbed, on the other hand, has a much slower response time due to the usage of high-quality memory materials near the mattress’s surface. You may notice that the foams take a few seconds to respond before you begin to sink into them. Because these materials take a few seconds to respond, you may have to exert a little more effort when changing positions with this more traditional memory experience.
Third layer Zoned SupportTM from Casper provides a more targeted firmness that is boosted under your hips, which tend to be heavier, so that they remain level with your shoulders and legs. In order to provide a single, universally appealing experience, Casper was created.
With Novosbed’s three firmness levels, side or stomach sleepers who need additional pressure relief may prefer the Soft, while stomach sleepers may prefer the Firm for better spine alignment. Comfort+ Kits are also available if the company’s three firmness levels don’t work for you. This extra layer may be zipped into the mattress to better fit your demands.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
The sinkage of these two models is nearly the same, and both options should keep your body in a more soft cradle, even if they feel significantly different (though you may sink just a touch deeper in the Soft Novosbed).
Casper’s surface layer contains a small amount of bounce, which helps in repositioning. In spite of the fact that Novosbed’s bounce is modest and repositioning may require a little more work, the mattress’s gentle cradle should prevent standard memory materials from feeling trapped.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Foam absorbs vibration before it reaches the surface, making foam-based constructions ideal for motion isolation. In any case, the transfer of motion should be as little as possible. Both options can alleviate your concerns if you are a light sleeper and fear that your partner will wake you up as they get in and out of bed.
Comparing Edge Support
Despite the fact that all-foam brands rolled into boxes have a reputation for mediocre edge support, both of these selections perform above average. Sitting with all of your weight on one side may cause some constriction in most people, but sleeping along the edge of either brand should be secure and comfortable.
Casper vs. Novosbed Compared Side-by-Side
|Materials||Zoned Support, uniquely formulated comfort foam, memory foam and base foam that are high-density||Interlock Blue™ Core Cover, breathable memory comfort layer, high-density memory product, premium support foam|
|Cooling||AirScape comfort structure||Gentle cradle combined with airflow through foam|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradling||Gentle Cradling|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||No|
|Warranty||10 years||15 years|
|Trial Period||100 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||In-Home Delivery may be available in certain locations, shipping to USA, United Kingdom, Switzerland, also Austria, Canada, and Germany||Ships to US and Canada, white glove delivery available in select areas|
|Made in the USA||Designed and Assembled in the USA||Yes|
|Size||Casper (w/o discount)||Novosbed Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Casper or Novosbed?
There is a lot to like about both mattresses in various ways. You may be able to tell the difference between the two based on their general feel and a few additional characteristics.
We Would Recommend Buying Casper if You are Looking for:
- Bounce. As a result of Casper’s quick response time and surface bounce, adjusting on the mattress is made much easier.
- Exceptional versatility. If you’re a combination sleeper or a couple with various body types, sleep habits, or preferences, you’ll appreciate this brand’s emphasis on adaptability.
- Zoned spinal support. Zoned SupportTM from Casper may be a good fit for those who are heavier in the middle and need a little extra support in the centre of the mattress. Those who prefer to sleep on their stomachs may also appreciate this additional convenience.
We Would Recommend Buying Novosbed if You are Looking for:
- A classic memory feel. To find a typical memory foam feel without being trapped in their own foam, this brand’s high-density memory goods should appeal to anyone looking for excellent pressure relief.
- Multiple fIrmness choices and customization. There are a variety of firmness levels to choose from with this mattress. Comfort+ Kit allows you to further tailor firmness after you’ve got the mattress, as well as allowing you to choose between Soft, Medium, and Firm options.
- An environmentally conscious brand. They believe that customizing a sleep experience can help keep mattresses out of landfills, thus Novosbed has designed a longer-lasting and more tailored sleep experience to do just that. In addition, they are attempting to employ more recycled materials in their constructions, as well as solvents that have been repurposed.
Have you made a decision now that you’ve seen these two beds? How do you prefer to feel when you get up in the morning? Is there anything else I can help you with?
Visit our detailed reviews if you need more information on each to help you make a decision.