The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and the Saatva are two of the greatest hybrid mattresses on the market. The construction and feel of these mattresses differ somewhat. We’ll examine these key distinctions in our Brooklyn Bedding Aurora vs Saatva mattress comparison. You’ll know which mattress is best for you by the end of the article.
Brooklyn Bedding Aurora vs Saatva Overview
As a manufacturer of high-quality mattresses, Brooklyn Bedding has a solid reputation. The Brooklyn Bedding Titan, the Plank mattress, and the Aurora are just a few of the many options available from this manufacturer. They don’t just have a wide range of models; most of their mattresses come in three firmness levels, proving their dedication to meeting the unique needs of each customer.
Inexpensive premium bedding from Brooklyn Bedding, the Aurora. Whether you’re a hot sleeper or want a slow-moving mattress, this mattress is ideal for you.
Another well-known mattress brand is Saatva, and with good cause. For the best sleep experience, choose a Saatva mattress. This is also true with the Saatva original, of which we’ll be taking a look at today. It has a typical, bouncy sensation, which makes it one of the most popular mattresses on the market.
Who Should Get The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Mattress
- Those who prefer a more bouncy, foam-like texture.
- Those who enjoy a good night’s sleep.
- Those who are looking for a more affordable alternative.
Who Should Get The Saatva Mattress
- Traditional spring mattress fanatics.
- Weighty snoozers
- These are the people who are looking for a plush, soft pillow top mattress.
Brooklyn Bedding Aurora vs Saatva Mattress Video Comparison
Take a look at our video comparison of the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva beds.
Similarities Between The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva?
- Both of these mattresses are hybrids, which means they’re made with coils.
- Springy and bouncey, they make it easier to get around on the ground.
- Both mattresses should maintain a comfortable temperature while you sleep.
- They’re both a little more firm than the normal bed mattress.
Check out our Brooklyn Bedding mattress comparisons to see how the Aurora stacks up against other popular models.
Key Differences Between The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva?
- When compared to the Saatva, the Aurora will have a more responsive memory foam feel.
- Both mattresses are breathable, but the Aurora is expected to sleep cooler.
- The Aurora is going to be less expensive than the Saatva.
Check out our Saatva mattress comparisons for even more useful information.
Firmness and Feel Differences
When deciding which mattress is best for you, don’t forget to take firmness and feel into account. In general, stomach, back, and side sleepers should opt for a firmer mattress, but this depends on personal choice. Observe how these mattresses compare in firmness and feel.
How Firm Are The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva?
The Aurora mattress from Brooklyn Bedding has a firmness rating of 6.5/10, which is the industry standard for medium-firm mattresses. Nonetheless, it’s worth noting that the Aurora mattress is available in gentle, medium, and firm firmnesses. We ranked the medium option as our favorite.
Also available in three firmness levels: Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm. We’ll be focusing on the Luxury Firm model in this review. This mattress has a firmness rating of 7/10, which is somewhat above average.
Sleeping On the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva
If you sleep on your back, the Aurora mattress from Brooklyn Bedding should be supportive. To ensure a restful night’s sleep, the hips of back sleepers should be in line with their spines. Side sleepers may have discomfort in their hips and shoulders on the Aurora due to its lack of plushness. Brooklyn Bedding Aurora’s firmest option should provide adequate support for stomach sleepers. The Aurora is one of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers since it helps to correct the hips and spines of those who lie on their stomachs while they sleep.
If you prefer to sleep on your back, the Saatva mattress is an excellent option. Plush cushion top and strong texture provide good lumbar assistance. This mattress, in fact, is one of the finest for arthritis, joint discomfort, and sciatica. This mattress is ideal for side sleepers, however those who sleep on their stomachs may notice some discomfort in their hips and shoulders over time. This mattress is ideal for those who want to sleep on their stomachs. This sleeping posture requires a mattress that is firm enough to keep the spine in a neutral position.
What Do The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva Mattresses Feel Like?
The Aurora mattress by Brooklyn Bedding is responsive and bouncy. This mattress should not make you feel confined, and you should be able to easily get up and down on it. This mattress has a responsive, foam-like feel, despite being a hybrid.
The Saatva is one of the few mattresses that truly captures the traditional spring feel. Soft and velvety on the top, but also bouncy. This mattress, like the Aurora, isn’t going to let you sink in too far.
Average Weight Sleepers – 130lbs – 230lbs
The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora should be comfortable for back sleepers of average weight. Side sleepers who weigh less than 200 pounds should have no problems, while those who weigh more than 230 pounds may experience pressure point pain when using the medium or firm alternatives. In particular, the firmer version of this mattress should be a good fit for stomach sleepers.
People of average weight who sleep on their back, stomach, or side should have no problems with the Saatva. Those who sleep on their backs will have the best support, while those who sleep on their stomachs should maintain proper spinal alignment to avoid lower back pain. Side sleepers will appreciate the Saatva’s fluffy cushion top’s pressure-relieving properties.
Heavyweight Sleepers – Over 230lbs
The Aurora is a good choice for heavier back sleepers. This mattress is suitable for stomach sleepers of all sizes. For heavy side sleepers, this mattress is excessively hard, and they should instead look for a mattress with a softer comfort layer. In contrast, persons who weigh more than 300 pounds may want to look into obtaining one of the best mattresses for heavy people.
The Saatva mattress is ideal for back sleepers. A similar level of support and comfort should be experienced by stomach sleepers. More pressure is relieved by heavier side sleepers because they press deeper into the mattress and better compress the springs. The Saatva HD, which was designed with larger users in mind, is an option worth considering.
Lightweight Sleepers – Under 130lbs
Lightweight back sleepers will appreciate the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora. Even if you select for one of the harder alternatives, side sleepers may experience some discomfort. Lighter side sleepers may need the softest choice in order to get enough respite from pressure. This mattress is ideal for stomach sleepers who are light in weight.
The Saatva mattress is ideal for those who sleep on their backs or stomachs. However, lighter side sleepers may find the medium and firm alternatives to be excessively stiff. There may be too little sinkage for heavier side sleepers.
Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva Performance Differences
Choosing a mattress based on how well it performs should be a major consideration. There’s a lot to consider, whether you’re a hot sleeper, shopping for a mattress with a partner, or seeking for a long-lasting mattress. Let’s take a closer look at the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora and Saatva mattresses to see how they stack up against these criteria and more.
Sleeping Hot or Cold
The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora is a superior option for hot sleepers, even with the Saatva cover. It’s one of the most breathable hybrid mattresses on the market because of its TitanFlex and CopperFlex foams and the Phase Change material in its cover.
Because of its coils, though, the Saatva still encourages airflow. As a result of the organic cover, the mattress should be more breathable than other options on the market.
Whether you’ll be woken up by your partner tossing and turning in the middle of the night is directly related to how well your motion transfer is set up.
Aurora isn’t the best at isolating motion because it’s a firm, bouncing mattress. Individually wrapped coils, on the other hand, make this mattress more motion-isolating than other coil-based mattresses.
There’s a lot of motion transfer on the Saatva, which means couples sleeping together may be disturbed. Our top picks for the best mattresses for couples are a great place to start if this is something that is particularly important to you.
Edge support, or how safe you feel when resting or sitting near the edge of the bed, is another key factor for partners. The edge support on the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora is adequate. When sitting or sleeping on the edge of the bed, you should feel safe and secure. Bending down and lacing up your shoe, on the other hand, would allow for some wiggle room.
Edge support, on the other hand, goes to Saatva. Sitting or sleeping on the edge of the Saatva is safe and secure, no matter how far you bend down.
The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora is a long-lasting mattress because of the high-quality materials used in its manufacturing, especially the individually wrapped coils.
The Saatva has a similar tale to share. The coils in this mattress are of the highest quality, making it a long-lasting mattress. Both mattresses should last between seven and ten years.
The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora is a bed-in-a-box mattress, so there may be some off-gassing when you receive your bed for the first time. Within 24 to 48 hours, however, this should subside.
Saatva does not have an off-gassing time because it does not arrive compressed in a cardboard box
When you first buy one of these mattresses, you won’t hear any noise from it. Because of the coils in their manufacturing, it is probable that they will squeak.
Having a bouncy mattress like the Brooklyn Aurora mattress should make intercourse easier for couples. It’s a great mattress for having a good time with your partner.
Saatva is a responsive mattress that does not sink in. It is, in fact, one of the best sex mattresses on the market today. Both mattresses are suitable for intercourse, so partners can’t go wrong.
Check out the warranties, sleep trials, and return policies from Brooklyn’s Bedding and Saatva.
There is a 10-year warranty on the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora.
As an added benefit, Saatva offers a 15-year limited warranty.
As part of Brooklyn Bedding Aurora’s 120-night sleep trial period, you may test your new bed from the comfort of your own home.
After you buy a Saatva mattress, you can sleep on it for 180 nights risk-free.
If you’re not satisfied with your mattress, you can return it free of charge to the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora. When it comes to mattresses, though, they require that you sleep on them for 30 days before returning or exchanging. Hawaii, Canada, and Alaskan residents are exempt from the no-return fines.
If you’re not happy with your Saatva mattress after the 100-night sleep trial, you can return it for a $99 shipping cost. In addition to this, they give a complete refund.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This mattress has two coil units and memory foam elements in a hybrid structure. You won’t have to worry about this goods being compacted when it arrives at your door. White Glove delivery is provided for free, so you don’t have to worry about putting your new bed together yourself.
Antibacterial GuardinR is applied on the 3-inch Euro Top of this bed. 14.5-inch and 11-inch heights are available for this mattress. The following construction breakdown will highlight the differences between the two iterations.
- You’ll find an additional lumbar support layer behind the pillow top. Memory foam and wires are used to provide support and alleviate pressure.
- In the second layer, there is an oil system that has been separately wrapped. This mattress’s coils not only conform to your shape, but they also improve airflow and reduce motion transfer.
- Steel coil unit is used as the foundation layer. In order to keep higher materials stable, the base is made of tempered recycled steel.
- High-density foam is used for the perimeter to ensure uniform support and comfort across the entire sleeping area.
Brooklyn Aurora Construction
Latex alternative, foam and coil hybrid: this is a bed-in-a-box product. Comfort options for this mattress are available in a variety of sizes and firmness levels.
This bed’s cotton cover incorporates TitanCoolTM phase changing technology to keep you cooler while you sleep. The mattress is 13 inches high.
- 1.5 inches thick of Copper Gel EnergexTM with TitanCoolTM is applied to the top layer. Overheating and soft pressure relief should be improved as a result of this.
- Two-inch-thick TitanFlexTM is held in place by the second layer. Depending on the weight of the sleeper, this patented material should give pressure alleviation or support.
- 1 inch of Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam makes up the third layer. Those who fall through the top levels may benefit from the pressure reduction provided by the thicker material. As a transitional layer between the comfort foams and the support layer beneath them, this should be used.
- Fourth, 8-inch Quantum EdgeTM Encased Coils are placed. Pressure alleviation, motion control, and improved edge support are all goals of these foam-encased, individually pocketed coils.
The final layer is an inch thick Base Support Foam. All the materials should be more stable as a result of the support system below being further minimized.
Should I Buy Saatva or Brooklyn Aurora?
However, there are a few important differences between the two brands that may appeal to you. The following is a breakdown of our recommendations and how they stack up against one another.
We Would Recommend Buying Saatva if You are Looking for:
- a thump like that of an innerspring. The coil-on-coil construction of this mattress should provide support, bounce, and airflow. In order to lessen motion transfer, each individual coil in the top coil system is individually wrapped.
- There are numerous ways to relax. Luxury Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm are all options for customers. Additionally, customers can choose between mattresses that are thicker (14.5 inches) and those that are thinner (11.5 inches), depending on their preferences.
- Properties that fight germs. Antimicrobial characteristics have been added to the product’s cover in the interest of a healthier night’s sleep for the user.
We Would Recommend Buying Brooklyn Aurora if You are Looking for:
- There are numerous ways to relax. You can choose from a soft to a medium or firm firmness level to suit your sleeping position.
- Experimentation with the tools of the trade. Visitors to Brooklyn Bedding’s showrooms can try out the Aurora before making a final purchase.
- Properties that make you feel cooler. This mattress features gels, copper, and individually encased coils that are designed to keep customers cool while they sleep.
Are you still trying to make up your mind about which mattress you should buy? Check out the most commonly asked questions regarding the Aurora and Saatva mattresses from Brooklyn Bedding.
Which Brooklyn Bedding Mattress is best for side sleepers?
It is available in three firmness levels: soft, medium, and firm. Softest firmness level should be suitable for side sleepers because they prefer a softer mattress.
Do Saatva mattresses sag over time?
As a result of its high-quality construction, the Saatva mattress should not sag. It is, in reality, a very long-lasting mattress.
Which Saatva is best for side sleepers?
For side sleepers, the Saatva Classic mattress is a good choice. Pressure relief should be excellent because of the combination of a firm mattress and a pillow top layer.
Does the Saatva sleep cool?
The Saatva mattress was created to solve the problem of hybrid mattresses sleeping hotter than regular beds. Because of the coils in its construction, it is expected to keep you cool while you are sleeping.